Weddings Joining Ceremony/Reception

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if it matters to you as a person.

If so, you should behave, professionally, as you would personally. Otherwise it is, per se, hypocrisy.

When you endorse and profess complicity with statements such as, "I don't think it matters if I think it's wrong or right," or "setting aside your personal beliefs," you have established that you do have an opinion or ethical standard that is contrary to the subject matter but that you have on overriding force causing you to suppress your own standards. In this case, it is money and that is what many find offensive.

So what is it, does it matter or not?

P.S. Don't presume to know what my position is on this subject matter because it is irrelevant, has not been stated and likely not what you may have assumed.

Ok let me clairfy for folks....

I am not against same sex marriage, period.

My only concern was if there were any specific new traditions associated with a same sex marriage that I need to be aware of. DJ Fuzzy answered that question beutifully on the first page if anyone would care to review it.

No, it does not turn my stomach to see two woman kissing or other things associated with lesbianism.

No, it does not bother me to see two men kissing. Just don't ask me to kiss a guy. Wont do it.

On a business level my personal values don't matter as I've stated before. If I want to be in business as a business for profit I can not discriminate on who I serve. If they have the green I'm willing to work. I don't care if it's a Jewish event, Baptist event, non-denomination, gay, purple, green, blue... as long as the money is green and they are pleasant to work with I'm there.

Ok let me clairfy for folks....

I am not against same sex marriage, period.

My only concern was if there were any specific new traditions associated with a same sex marriage that I need to be aware of. DJ Fuzzy answered that question beutifully on the first page if anyone would care to review it.

No, it does not turn my stomach to see two woman kissing or other things associated with lesbianism.

No, it does not bother me to see two men kissing. Just don't ask me to kiss a guy. Wont do it.

On a business level my personal values don't matter as I've stated before. If I want to be in business as a business for profit I can not discriminate on who I serve. If they have the green I'm willing to work. I don't care if it's a Jewish event, Baptist event, non-denomination, gay, purple, green, blue... as long as the money is green and they are pleasant to work with I'm there.

Rob,
Will you do a Grand Opening for an Abortion Clinic Open House?

By the way Rob don's ask about pins or cushions :sqlaugh::rofl::sqlaugh::rofl::sqlaugh::rofl::sqlaugh: you may get clobbered :sqwink::sqwink::sqwink::sqwink:

geez...
there are some who WOULD do the gig
and some who WOULDN'T.
big fat hairy deal.

we all have our reasons for whichever we choose.
and we're not gonna say, "golly I think he's right.."
and change our minds.

but since the fire keeps getting stoked...
let's try this:

what if you were asked to play at the victory party for a political candidate who was NOT in the party YOU follow?
and he beat the guy you were rooting for?

what if you were asked to play at the victory party for a political candidate who was NOT in the party YOU follow?

Guess I'm a bad DJ :sqembarrassed: If it's any consolation I voted for this guy the next time around :sqwink:

...and that is exactly what my posts addressed.

Regardless of the subject, your values are clear, like freshly washed windows.:sqfrown:

Just don't ask me to kiss a guy. Wont do it.

And suppose one came up and kissed you, what would your reaction be? Would you slug him? Suppose one hit on you? Suppose one of the ladies hit on your wife?

Be prepared for such instances. Remember, homosexual folks may be a little more free with their feelings than straight folks and that is the environment you are entering.

I wasn't prepared for that. While neither I nor my brother-in-law hit anybody there were some awkward moments.

I have been asked dozens of times, every election period, to perform for political candidates that were opponents to those I support and I have politely declined. I have also refused to donate my services to candidates that I support and voted for. Political campaigns, for me, are not charities.

I have declined, solely because of my personal standards, ethics, and beliefs many opportunities to work with known organizations and individuals with whom, I will not associate or support in any manner. God Bless Amercia!

Despite all that, I have survived and managed to prosper. Imagine how my real world experiences create conflict with those that willingly and openly prostitute their personal ethics for money.

While I have performed for candidates from political parties of which I am not affiliated, my party affiliation is not a core tenant of my ethics.

And I'm sure I have worked for clients with whom I am not in fundamental, ethical alliance, but not knowingly or willingly.

I would politely decline an event that was contrary to my core ethics. I live a great life following that plan. YMMV.

And suppose one came up and kissed you, what would your reaction be? Would you slug him? Suppose one hit on you? Suppose one of the ladies hit on your wife?

Be prepared for such instances. Remember, homosexual folks may be a little more free with their feelings than straight folks and that is the environment you are entering.

I wasn't prepared for that. While neither I nor my brother-in-law hit anybody there were some awkward moments.

Straight guys need to learn to take it a as a compliment when they can actually be hit on by both sexes. Some men (and women) don't have that luxury.

Sure, it may be awkward but if you're comfortable enough with your own sexuality, this should be a non-issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.