What To Sell, What To Sell?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

DJ Bobcat

DJ Extraordinerror
Nov 8, 2014
Oklahoma City
Now that I bought my RCF EVOX 8's, I'll have too doggone many speakers. The EVOX 8's probably won't be here for a week or so, but it's time to start thinking about what I should sell.

Here's what I have...

(2) JBL EON 515XT's
(2) Alto Truesonic TS112W's
(2) Alto Truesonic TS110A's
(2) Alto Truesonic TSSUB15's

All are in EXCELLENT condition, as they have always been transported in padded bags/covers, and have been pretty lightly used. The JBL's were used just one time before being relegated to backup duty. The TS112W's were only used 4-5 times before THEY were relegated to backup duty. The TS110A's were used 6-7 times. The subs have been used the most, but none of my speakers have ever been driven hard. They've only been used indoors, in air conditioned environments.

So the question is, which ones to sell, for how much, and where? I need to make sure I keep something as backups.

I looked on eBay, just to get an idea of what others are selling them for. The JBL's are selling for $250-$500 each, but there are only a couple of pairs for sale.

There are NO TS112W's, but TS112A's are selling for $200-$220. The W's have built in Bluetooth, but the A's do not.

There are not many TS110A's for sale either. I guess people who buy Alto's like 'em so much they don't wanna sell 'em.[emoji1] The TS110A's are selling for the same as the 12's; $200-$220.

Prices on the subwoofer (TSSUB15) are confusing. There's only one listing for a TSSUB15, and it's brand new, and they're wanting $599. Yet the newer model TS215S's are selling new for $499. I don't get it? I suspect that makes my subs worth $300-$400?

Now here's the final question... Should I sell them on eBay, or somewhere else. Shipping speakers can be a big hassle. I DO still have the original boxes, but maybe not all the styrofoam packing. I've never sold anything on eBay... only bought stuff there. I could try selling them back to GC... they don't list many used speakers of these models either, but I know I'd have to settle for much less.

Any opinions or advice? Keeping in mind you'd have to keep some combination for backups, what would YOU sell if you had the same speakers?

Last edited:
Sell the jbls they are the odd man out actually once you get the RCF you may be tempted to sell it all and get another pair of RCF

I thought about just buying another EVOX 8, and just having the single backup. The chances of loosing both primary EXOX 8's at the same time is pretty remote, I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: steve149
You know my opinion ... :)

Reactions: Jeff Romard
Actually, I'd also go with selling the JBLs .. the older Eons were probably (gasp) worse sounding than the Altos (gasp). Might keep one Alto sub. I'd keep both the other sets for remote/ceremony/cocktail hour use

I thought about just buying another EVOX 8, and just having the single backup. The chances of loosing both primary EXOX 8's at the same time is pretty remote, I would think.

I'd buy the 3rd EVOX 8 and relegate it for Ceremony use primarily and backup secondly.

I have all my speakers in padded bags and Tuki Covers on the subs. If I sell the speakers, do the covers add any value, or is that just a loss? No reason to keep them. It's extremely unlikely I'll ever buy speakers that would fit in them, and the Tuki Covers were custom made for those specific subs.

I have all my speakers in padded bags and Tuki Covers on the subs. If I sell the speakers, do the covers add any value, or is that just a loss? No reason to keep them. It's extremely unlikely I'll ever buy speakers that would fit in them, and the Tuki Covers were custom made for those specific subs.

I don't think they add value, though they may make it a quicker sale.

The exterior condition of your speakers is a mirror of how well they have been maintained--as indicated the pair of covers that are included in the sale.
All of my RCF and Yorkville systems have had covers for each. The purchaser will have a better understanding of the selling price because of it.

Tuki covers were ordered/fabricated for each of the Yorkville 15" NX750P speakers and 18" LS801P subwoofer within a week of purchase. I no longer have them; traded the three for the RCF EVOX 8 system two years ago. There was a time recently where I could have use a third EVOX 8. Kind of hard to justify the need since I am riding off into the sunset these days.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
The paradox is that new speakers from most stores have free shipping. Shipping your used speakers will be at least $50 per speaker. That's why I would opt for CL first.

There just seem to be SO many scammers and crooks on CL. I have a son-in-law Sheriff Deputy I can take with me on any exchange, but it's still a risky place to do business.

I kinda agree with others... The JBL's need to be the first to go (though they are my best alternative if I ever need to do something outdoors). It's a little more difficult with the Alto's. I get the best results with the TS110A's/TSSUB15's combo, but I'm worried there won't be room in the minivan for 2 EVOX 8's and two subs and two tops. One TS112W on a pole could replace an EVOX 8 in a failure situation, and get me through the gig. Backups are only good if you have them with you. They're pretty worthless sitting at home. But the more I think about it, maybe I should just sell them all and see if I can get enough to buy another EVOX 8.

I'm thinking the price also has something to do with why you're not seeing them for sale all over the place. On a $250 cab, you're not going to see much resale.

I'm thinking that's an interesting theory[emoji1]... just not real logical.[emoji1]

Reactions: ittigger
Sell the JBLs. At this point you won't use them again any way. Also, in the situation that you get booked on a large event, you can bring out all of those Alto Speakers and Sub to handle the event, and all the speakers match.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Why not use 3 EVOX 8 subs for larger events; Left - Center - Right. Would that work? Anybody ever clustered two or more EVOX 8 subs and place the tops on standalone spkr stands? Is it possible to place three heads on speaker stands and yet still get the signal to each? Probably need to set mixer for mono play? Trying to think "outside" the box where X = sub and Y = speaker": Y.........x(xy)x......... Y. Maybe put all 3 subs (xxx) under DJ table and spkr stand the heads; Y.....Y..... Y ?
XXX

There's gonna be other stuff that I'll no longer need when I sell my Alto's and/or JBL's. I have (4) four TS100 speaker stands... Sure won't need that many, and it eliminates one speaker stand bag. I made those brackets to mount lights on my 10" and 12" Alto's... won't need those anymore.☹️ I have a ton of power cables and audio cables,specifically for certain configurations with my current speakers. I should be able to lighten my load in my gig bag.

Why not use 3 EVOX 8 subs for larger events; Left - Center - Right. Would that work? Anybody ever clustered two or more EVOX 8 subs and place the tops on standalone spkr stands? Is it possible to place three heads on speaker stands and yet still get the signal to each? Probably need to set mixer for mono play? Trying to think "outside" the box where X = sub and Y = speaker": Y.........x(xy)x......... Y. Maybe put all 3 subs (xxx) under DJ table and spkr stand the heads; Y.....Y..... Y ?
XXX

I could easily set up 3 EVOX 8's in mono mode... I have 4 mono XLR outputs on the rear patch panel of my rack (along with 2 stereo lefts, and 2 stereo rights). Don't see any reason why I couldn't hook up a third EVOX 8 and not hook up the top.[emoji4]

Reactions: TwinSpinDJ