You ARE a PITA. But it was REALLY nice of you to spend SO much time providing that valuable (and objective) feedback. I could/ would never do it as well as you did! Kudos to you!You're gonna hate me... but here we go:
- home page video is not set up properly, as half of it is below the display area. The video should be at the top with the logo and tabs acting as overlays.
- the video you have starts off with a really dark scene... hard to even know what im looking at. start with a more vibrant and clearer clip to display.
- your tabs are not set up properly it feels like, as the contact us falls UNDER the review link, instead of next to it and have a nice clean streamlined look
- the photos on your homepage are horrendous... none of them scream current and modern. CONTACT PHOTOGRAPHERS YOU'VE WORKED WITH... and if you don't know who they are, shame on you for not networking better. I know the photogs and videographers of every event I do. In fact their info is requested on my online planner. Even if that means paying for their images, its an investment into your site.
- The text styling is not really exciting. Not that the font needs to change, but a good web developer would know how to use fonts to draw attention to certain phrases or sections.
- The videos on your home page are all the way at the bottom, when they should be placed higher than the other random mumbo jumbo that's completeley irrelevant on your homepage. and I didn't have the desire to spend a second reading about.
- Why on earth would your contact form have "suggestions"...
- Your contact form needs more info to help you better provide your inquiries proper info. How bout date of event, the type of event, and venue or location of event. This will allow you to get the right info the first time.
- I wouldn't really display your weddingwire info in such a prominent location. You have 1 review in the last two years.
- Your wedding section, which is your highest priced service, has the least info. Where are the videos, where are the breathtaking photos to create excitement and makes you look like you "get it".
- The info on the wedding section doesn't give a single reason why I should be interested in you. You didn't sell me on anything. O wait.. you've been in business for over 35yrs... so you're old. Even though you, the face of the company, are actually in your 30's. Creates a negative perception of your company... of which the opposite is actually true. Your young, you know the trends, you're personal with your clients.
- Your headline on your wedding page "DO you have a dj for your wedding reception?"... I mean obviously if I'm researching dj's chances are I don't. COme up with a better tag line that again is either relevant to the info you're providing, or creates an emotion.
- You actually use more exciting (although limited again) language in your corporate section than your wedding section. Who is writing the language for your site???
- Corporate section has a picture with everyone sitting down... for some reason I don't think anyone would be motivated to hire you with that pic.
ABOUT US & TEAM:
- On the about us... a small pic of the conga? Really? that screams $300 dj lol.
- Our quote... "we are the best dj's at the best price"... seems like an open invitation to all value based, price shopping, and negotiating clients.
- Your mission... provide service at a reasonable price, our client, that wont break the bank... see above comment. PS your punctuation in your text on your site is wrong.
- Why are all your pictures so poor, and why are you lacking so much content!!!!!! Where are the videos on all of these sections! Where are your set up photos!
- I'm not going to really get into the about us, as it's too time consuming, but you guys SERIOUSLY need to update your photos. Pay a professional a couple of hundred dollars and get it done. Some are downright embarrassing, not for your looks (you guys all actually look good), but how outdated and corny they appear.
- Your pricing page is a disaster. I've never seen a more confusing way of discussing pricing.
- FYI I am not impressed that you arrive 45 min in advance... it actually scares me. What if theres traffic, what if something doesn't work and you need to troubleshoot. That SHOULD NOT be your first line. It actually creates discomfort, not comfort.
- You actually then say you arrive 90min to 120min early in the next line. Why not make this first?
- Why is your first section about something irrelevant to pricing. In fact, it's about how you can actually give money back to a client. I don't wanna compare you to mix, but it seems like your site is filled with lines talking about how low you can go.
- First you talk about bronze pricing (without mentioning it doesn't cover saturdays)
- your price range is ridiculous... so does it cost 150 for 1hr... 1600 for 4hrs... 250 or 500 for lighting... well whats the difference? I mean you throw numbers out there but provide no valuable info as to what the pricing is determined by.
So you just through out a range of pricing... and then you get to the actual packages, but have no prices associated with specific package contents. It's just a very disorganized way of presenting pricing info.
- You have a buy now link... with no indication as to what it's for. Also you're taking the appearance of a personalized service out with that option to "buy now". You should want to encourage conversation, not just be a 1 click buy that utilizes minimal excitement. Your a service that someone hires for the most important day of their lives, not soap from amazon that you just "buy now".
- The worst picture possible for your pricing page.
- Your contact form should be set up in reverse order... make the contact form on top so it's easy to access, and the map below.
Your template for your new site is an absolute improvement... but the quality of your site is determined by your content and your language and layout. You spent a lot of money, but the current version of your site will not benefit you any more than your other site. I'm just honest.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk