Windows 10 Upgrade Released Today - Beta Testers Opinions, Please?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Good to know Tigger - thanks muchly. Because this is my primary gigging computer I think I am going to stick with crappy Win 8.1 (I really do hate it, even more than Apple:embarrassed: falls under the, "what were they thinking" category). I really like Win 10. I will image the HDD to the SSD and keep the HDD as a backup in case the SSD craters. Will get the HDD up to a gigging state before ghosting and swapping out. That way if my SSD craters, all I have to do is swap out drives and will be back up and running in no time....

Reactions: ittigger
Make sure you test the image before you move forward with it as solution because sometimes even something as simple as a drive signature will cause the OS to not load.

I am using Samsung and Toshiba SSD drives with all my windows 10 laptops and desktop systems. Haven't had a problem with them other than the Desktop system didn't play well with the samsung, so it has the Toshiba drive.

That system was built in 2008 with an i7-920 processor on an ASUS P6T deluxe motherboard. The BIOS and Samsung were conflicted, and I was never able to install any OS on it until I moved that same samsung drive to a Laptop, and replaced it in the desktop with the Toshiba SSD.

I do have one other problem. I use vMix on that desktop, and it has an NVidia GTX 660 GFX card in it. When Windows updates the video drivers to anything newer than 347 from January, and I add 5-6 inputs, It does the BSOD. If I revert to 347 drivers, It's good to go, but M$ thinks everyone must use the latest drivers for all the hardware, Broken, or not.

I wouldn't mind them forcing the update id the drivers actually worked with Direct X the way they were meant to, but forcing broken drivers is BS.

i'll wait for some bugs to get rectified first

cant list them all so staying with win 7 for now!

Staying with 7, 8 & 8.1 . Everything has been tweaked and working perfectly. If I were updating I would wait for all the drivers for my junk to be updated for 10.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
I rolled my main desktop to 10 .. not a single issue I can see. Everything worked as it did. Will probably do my gig laptops after New Years. It does seem a slight bit snappier and, as mentioned, seems to be a nice mash of Win 7 and 8.

Reactions: Dan The Man
My Microsoft Surface Pro came with Windows 10 installed. I like it. It's better than Windows 8/8.1, so I'll probably upgrade my home desktop soon.
However, I'm paranoid, so I'll clone my system disk before I do the upgrade so if I don't like the result, I can just swap the clone of the current drive back in. I have all four of the drives in my PC in removable drive trays (three 1TB 3.5" drives, and one 1TB 2.5" drives).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dan The Man
I've always been a shoot first and ask questions later kind of guy ...

yeah I am a WOMBAT in that regards Steve

Eats, R00ts, Shoots and Leaves.............
r373352_1734019.jpg

Reactions: ittigger