RGB and extra letters.....

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

scgstuff

DJ Extraordinaire
Jun 30, 2017
Central Texas
garrisentertainment.com
So, was looking for uplights, and looking at version of what @djtaso posted a while back (link I am looking at below...) And, I know I have seen the 6X and 9X comparison and thought maybe I would try to find the 9X version. I like having UV (blacklight parties) but not a requirement. But, I saw some were RGBWAP, so what is the P?

R - Red
G - Green
B - Blue
W - White
A - Amber
UV - Ultraviolet
P - ?????

Are there other letters? And what is the P? I am leaning towards the 6X with the UV....since they don't have a UV 9X that I saw.....

I also saw Alibaba was a good place. Are they cheaper or better then E-bay?

Here is what I was looking at. 10pcs 6*18W RGBWAUV 6 in 1 Wireless DMX IR Battery Power Led Par Free Shipping | eBay - (https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-6-18W-RGBWAUV-6-in-1-Wireless-DMX-IR-Battery-Power-Led-Par-Free-Shipping/262466466920?hash=item3d1c387468:g:OtMAAOSwOVpXUShX:rk:1:pf:0)

Yes, P is purple because truth be told there is little to no usable UV radiation from LEDs.
"UV Purple" is a colloquial term for the color dye used in FTB fluorescent lamps. So, when people say "UV" you really have to consider what it is they are trying to describe: real ultraviolet wavelengths - or just the purple filter ?

As in another post, I recommend www.rainbowlightsus.com . They have some deals going on this weekend too! I've bought from them. I like them b/c they are right here in the US. They ship quickly and an English speaking person that you can understand answers the phone when you call. They also reply to email same day. I have bought the Smart 2 (10 of them) with the roadcase before. They work with wireless DMX transmitters and the batteries last. I have no cons about them. I use the RGBWA+UV which has 9 LEDs and UV capabilities and are bright as heck.

just a tip from uncle cc.... you wont really be able to pull off a blacklight party with just pars....atleast not to quality standards... they are great for filling dark parts of the room with a little "glow".... but for a dancefloor you will want to invest in a uv fixture... i recently did a glow party and used 2 fulls sized adj eco bars...and two of the medium sized eco 50's... and about 6 pars to fill in stuff like the drink table/photo background/etc.

cc

As in another post, I recommend www.rainbowlightsus.com . They have some deals going on this weekend too! I've bought from them. I like them b/c they are right here in the US. They ship quickly and an English speaking person that you can understand answers the phone when you call. They also reply to email same day. I have bought the Smart 2 (10 of them) with the roadcase before. They work with wireless DMX transmitters and the batteries last. I have no cons about them. I use the RGBWA+UV which has 9 LEDs and UV capabilities and are bright as heck.

And I paid them exactly double for the same light I got directly from china.

And I paid them exactly double for the same light I got directly from china.
You may have, BUT, I will pay more to deal with an American and someone I can understand. Also, it was nice getting the lights in just a couple of days instead of waiting for a shipment from overseas. MAGA!

You may have, BUT, I will pay more to deal with an American and someone I can understand. Also, it was nice getting the lights in just a couple of days instead of waiting for a shipment from overseas. MAGA!
Shouldn't that be MACA, since they were Chinese lights anyway? .. :)

Reactions: Ausumm

Sorry, they are exactly the same light except that you're paying twice as much money, all because you want an english-speaker to deal with. As for delivery time, mine took 2-3 days from China. We'll have to agree to disagree but there's no way I'm going to pay anyone double, just because of their language.

Sorry, they are exactly the same light except that you're paying twice as much money, all because you want an english-speaker to deal with. As for delivery time, mine took 2-3 days from China. We'll have to agree to disagree but there's no way I'm going to pay anyone double, just because of their language.

Where did you get them from? Merchant Link please? I'd like to compare too.

Reactions: SEDJ