Freestyler question

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.rickryan.com
I have my new 9X18 par fixtures hooked up to Freestyler in the garage. While I still haven't learned how to do scenes yet, I did at least figure out how to get sound active to work with the cans. Yea, I was being lazy last night, or perhaps it was the Fireball. ;) Anyways, I'm going to spend the next couple of evenings working with Freestyler and will try to come up with some scenes that use my movers and scanners. Have to also figure out how to layer scenes (scanners and pars on the same universe). My question, if I just added the mover/scanner fixtures and put them all into sound active, would the random module actually work with those fixtures, or do the patterns need to be specifically programmed for those? Just trying to figure out options without driving myself nuts over the next 2 days.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I'm not sure if I understand your question. You need profiles for each type of fixture and you need to set them up with DMX addresses. You don't want to put fixtures in sound active mode but rather DMX. See, I told you I didn't understand your question...

Lots of help is found here.

Welcome to the FreeStyler Wiki [FreeStyler Wiki]

FreeStyler Software - Support Forum

Sorry, I didn't explain it very well. Freestyler has a sound active module where the software is sending randomized DMX instructions, tied to the beat of the music. It worked really well and really easily last night. I was half-hoping that it might also drive the movers/scanners, as a fall back to me having trouble programming scenes.

The sound to light interface works with sequences (chases) where each beat will trigger the next step in the sequence. Maybe you have a newer version if it sends out random dmx messages without programming ahead of time. I never heard of that feature. If that the case it may not be good for movers.

The sound to light interface works with sequences (chases) where each beat will trigger the next step in the sequence. Maybe you have a newer version if it sends out random dmx messages without programming ahead of time. I never heard of that feature. If that the case it may not be good for movers.

I actually like it. Kinda reminds me of that Blackbird dedicated controller. Easy, easy.

Reactions: maestro