Website opinions please

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.rickryan.com
I appreciate the feedback you guys give and I'd like to ask for another round. I've just finished some tweaks to my website and wanted to see if you see any glaring holes. Here's a list of the changes;

1) I did away with the "Pricing" menu option. This had a list of text-only pages, which had pricelists and features. Tracking seemed to indicate a lot of clients weren't noticing these pages, only seeing the pic pages.
2) I put a pricelist and contact form on every sample page. This cut the size of the pics down, but it makes sure that every eyeball who is looking at my pics is also looking at my price/pitch.
3) Freshened up a bunch of the pictures and re-tweaked the centering on a bunch of images.
4) I cut out the lighting-only menu option and moved it under DJ/MC.
5) The bundled package pricelist is text only. Without a dedicated "Pricing" menu option, I decided to put a copy of this under both the photography and dj/mc menu options. It's still text-only. Keep in mind, the bundled service page is our biggest traffic page. Our draw (at this point) is that we can do multiple services and help clients to cut down on vendor count.
6) Changed the menu font/size.
7) Moved the "About Us" page to the main menu (it was under "More").

Thanks for taking a look and offering your input in advance. www.rickryan.com

Confused...Do you have a seperate website from carolynryanphotography for DJ/Up Lighting/Photobooth? ...I only see pricing for photography.

Confused...Do you have a seperate website from carolynryanphotography for DJ/Up Lighting/Photobooth? ...I only see pricing for photography.

Carolyn doesn't want to pitch anything but photography. I'm trying to angle my biz to lead with photography, but to keep the doors open on providing DJ/Lighting. I'm down-playing photobooth and only using it to sweeten the pot on my high-end bundle package.

I didn't see "DJ" anywhere. Even if it's downplayed, it should be mentioned if you sell it .. unless you don't want to sell it (at least have a separate website)

Also at the bottom of the landing page, you have:

As one of Nashville's premier wedding photography provider, we understand the range of emotions you experience, the importance of your details and the time constraints on your wedding day. We are passionate about capturing the your best, and will work tirelessly to make your experience more than you imagined. All of our wedding work is shot in the highest resolution possible, with extensive re-touching and editing of all shots delivered. Our style leans more towards traditional portrait but with an added flair of modern, soft tones and coloring.

Need to fix:
As one of Nashville's premier wedding photography providers, we understand the range of emotions you experience, the importance of your details and the time constraints on your wedding day. We are passionate about capturing the your ?? best, and will work tirelessly to make your experience more than you imagined. All of our wedding work is shot in the highest resolution possible, with extensive (might be too strong) re-touching and editing of all shots delivered. Our style leans more towards traditional portrait but with an added flair of modern, soft tones and coloring.

Reactions: MIXMASTERMACHOM
I didn't see "DJ" anywhere. Even if it's downplayed, it should be mentioned if you sell it .. unless you don't want to sell it (at least have a separate website)

Also at the bottom of the landing page, you have:

As one of Nashville's premier wedding photography provider, we understand the range of emotions you experience, the importance of your details and the time constraints on your wedding day. We are passionate about capturing the your best, and will work tirelessly to make your experience more than you imagined. All of our wedding work is shot in the highest resolution possible, with extensive re-touching and editing of all shots delivered. Our style leans more towards traditional portrait but with an added flair of modern, soft tones and coloring.

Need to fix:
As one of Nashville's premier wedding photography providers, we understand the range of emotions you experience, the importance of your details and the time constraints on your wedding day. We are passionate about capturing the your ?? best, and will work tirelessly to make your experience more than you imagined. All of our wedding work is shot in the highest resolution possible, with extensive (might be too strong) re-touching and
editing of all shots delivered. Our style leans more towards traditional portrait but with an added flair of modern, soft tones and coloring.

Wait a minute, are we looking at the same page? Sounds like you guys are seeing CarolynRyanPhotography.com and I'm talking about Rickryan.com. I'm hoping the DNS entries aren't screwed up.

Wait a minute, are we looking at the same page? Sounds like you guys are seeing CarolynRyanPhotography.com and I'm talking about Rickryan.com. I'm hoping the DNS entries aren't screwed up.
If I click on your signature line, it goes to Carolyn Ryan Photography ... sorry, just realized you had a different link in the 1st post.

If I click on your signature line, it goes to Carolyn Ryan Photography ... sorry, just realized you had a different link in the 1st post.

My fault. I didn't realize that my signature was still pointing to her photography-only page. I fixed that.

OK .. rickryan.com ...

Main page pictures are too dull .. grey or dark backgrounds .. most shout be bright, IMO.
Below the pricings, I'd like to see a definition of what 1 photographer is vs 2 photographers, etc.

OK .. rickryan.com ...

Main page pictures are too dull .. grey or dark backgrounds .. most shout be bright, IMO.
Below the pricings, I'd like to see a definition of what 1 photographer is vs 2 photographers, etc.

That matt finish drives me nuts but I'm limited on squarespace. I'll take another run at getting it brighter. Thanks.

Oh okay. That explains it. I like the RickRyan website. Great pictures! I think you may have too many on the DJ page, but I guess the amount of pics doesn't matter.

Do you offer discounted rates on your DJ packages at the moment if a inquiry comes in for a off date? Or do you just stick to the prices regardless of situation?

Oh okay. That explains it. I like the RickRyan website. Great pictures! I think you may have too many on the DJ page, but I guess the amount of pics doesn't matter.

Do you offer discounted rates on your DJ packages at the moment if a inquiry comes in for a off date? Or do you just stick to the prices regardless of situation?

I don't actively offer discounts. I pretty much stick to what's listed on the website. There are times where I'll discount for a hard to fill date or one that's open and close but I don't play the negotiation game as a general rule.

Pictures work now .. :) though the upper menu gets lost, so may need to play with the text to make it stand out or at least be readable over the photos.
All pricing is missing the * after the per month costs that you call out at the bottom note (e.g. it should be $116.53* per month)
I would like to see each pricing level highlite the differences from the previous level so it's easier to see what you're adding
Also, as said before, I'd like to see an explanation of what some of the services actually include

Pictures work now .. :) though the upper menu gets lost, so may need to play with the text to make it stand out or at least be readable over the photos.
All pricing is missing the * after the per month costs that you call out at the bottom note (e.g. it should be $116.53* per month)
I would like to see each pricing level highlite the differences from the previous level so it's easier to see what you're adding
Also, as said before, I'd like to see an explanation of what some of the services actually include

I'm not following what you're saying about the explanation of services. I thought "1 photographer" or "2 photographers" was pretty self-explanatory. To what page(s) are you referring?

Why do I need 2 wedding photographers .. I only have 1 DJ :) ... Maybe a simple parenthetic describing multiple shooting angles or wider coverage or something that describes the benefit. Everything should be about benefit.

As for the pricing levels .. maybe something closer to:

SILVER-BUNDLE
  • 1 wedding photographer
  • Full day coverage (up to 8 hours)
  • Editing/Re-touch
  • Unlimited print/online release
  • No Watermarks
  • Deluxe photo book (10X10)
  • DJ/MC service (5 hours)
  • Dance Floor Lighting
  • Ceremony sound
PRICE $2,695
$80.42 PER MONTH*

GOLD-BUNDLE
  • Editing/Re-touch
  • No Watermarks
  • $100 in free prints
  • Ceremony sound
  • Dance Floor Lighting
  • 2nd wedding photographer
  • Engagement session
  • Beautiful Uplighting
PRICE $3,295
$97.08 PER MONTH*

DIAMOND-BUNDLE
  • 2 wedding photographers
  • Editing/Re-touch
  • No Watermarks
  • Engagement session
  • Bridal Portrait session
  • Photo Booth with technician
  • $200 in free prints
  • Ceremony sound
  • Dance Floor Lighting
  • 2nd wedding photographer
  • Engagement session
  • Beautiful Uplighting
  • 2 - Parent photo books (6X6)
  • 1 - 16X20 wrapped canvas
  • 1 - 16X20 bridal portrait
  • Cake spotlight
  • Live-pics slideshow/texting
  • Photo Booth with technician
PRICE $3,895
$116.53 PER MONTH*

Reactions: rickryan.com
Why do I need 2 wedding photographers .. I only have 1 DJ :) ... Maybe a simple parenthetic describing multiple shooting angles or wider coverage or something that describes the benefit. Everything should be about benefit.

In talking with brides, I think the benefit of having 2 perspectives is obvious. They ALL get it, in terms of 1 shooter versus 2. There really are very few girls who don't opt for 2, if their budget allows for it. If my packaging gives them 2 for just over the price of 1 then all the better.

In talking with brides, I think the benefit of having 2 perspectives is obvious. They ALL get it, in terms of 1 shooter versus 2. There really are very few girls who don't opt for 2, if their budget allows for it. If my packaging gives them 2 for just over the price of 1 then all the better.
I agree in "talking" with them .. the website, though, might be viewed by those you HAVEN'T talked to yet, so being able to see the benefit of something means it might need to be defined better.

Reactions: ittigger
2 photogs are also necessary if bride and groom are getting ready at separate locations and you want to capture that. 2 is practically the norm around here. Anyyways, site looks much much much better... but there could be some tweaks made. First off, you cant see the menus on the top on some of the pics on the home page.. I'd put a black bar across the top so theres a better contrast with the menu items. Also, I'd look into creating galleries for your dj photos... too many photos, too much scrolling, never know when it ends... rotating galleries may be cleaner and nicer. The text flow across the side is a little odd. Id rather have everything be in order and centered. perhaps start with a summary of your approach to that type of event, a photo gallery, followed by pricing... all being centered.