Website changes, again. Your input please

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.rickryan.com
I made some more changes to my website yesterday. Ditched the full-page video on the landing page. Taso you were right, bad quality. It's a more standard photo slideshow now. The biggest thing I'm wanting input on are the way pricing is displayed. I have a "Pricing" navigation with several sub-options under it. There are separate pages for Photography, DJ, Lighting as well as for Bundled packages (multiple services). On the actual service pages, I also have packages/pricing there, along with an inquiry form, which is specific to those service offerings.

There's something about the way these are presented that seems confusing. If I nuke the specific services from the Pricing menu option, then I'm concerned that a lot of people will only see the bundled packages and will leave, thinking it's all or nothing. Any suggestions on how to better arrange this, to make it less confusing?

www.rickryan.com

Nice website Rick! Looks great!

Nice website Rick! Looks great!

Thank you. On displaying pricing, should I make the "Pricing" menu option a single option (no sub-menus) that goes to a big master list of services? I'd still like to keep the sub-pricelists under each service page. There's just something about having an inquiry form handy at every page instead of asking them to click to get to yet another page.

Thank you. On displaying pricing, should I make the "Pricing" menu option a single option (no sub-menus) that goes to a big master list of services? I'd still like to keep the sub-pricelists under each service page. There's just something about having an inquiry form handy at every page instead of asking them to click to get to yet another page.
I think I would prefer keeping the packages under Pricing (maybe rename it Special Package Pricing) and move the other pricing under the Photography/DJ/etc tabs.

I think I would prefer keeping the packages under Pricing (maybe rename it Special Package Pricing) and move the other pricing under the Photography/DJ/etc tabs.

When your say "packages under Pricing" are you talking about the Bundled Service Packages?

When your say "packages under Pricing" are you talking about the Bundled Service Packages?
Yes .. the Bundle-Gold, -Silver, etc. Lead with those and have the individual pricing under the specific header .. just my opinion.

It's confusing because there's so much repetition and very little difference from one package to the next.

The only difference between silver and gold is the addition of up lighting - so why not just have a price to add up-lighting and a single price for the DJ?

These things (below) in particular should not be part of your pricing because they are all expected/implied and I would not pay extra to get them. You also admittedly, do not charge extra for them because they are listed in EVERY package.:

Appropriately dressed
Premium sound system
Updated music library
Wireless mic for your toasts
Online planning tools
Online song request system
All necessary consultations

Put this stuff somewhere else to describe the caliber of your Disc Jockey service. When you list them under pricing it appears that you could go either way; and I should not want to end up with a t-shirt/jean dressed DJ playing outdated music on a crappy sound system simply because I happened to ask for and get a discount. :)

You either live by this code or you don't - it has nothing to do with prices. I would simplify things and show only those things that actually change the price.