This might be the column array we have been waiting for

Welcome to ODJT
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Sign up today!

jaswrx

Well-Known DJ
Feb 15, 2015
Just sold everything! They were not interested in the f1s but couldn’t resist when I turned them on paired with the l1. Sold for such a high price that I literally don’t have to spend one penny to move over to the db tech.

jaswrx

Well-Known DJ
Feb 15, 2015
Got a chance to test out the new system at my NYE gig. It was just a house party (outside) for 50 people. I just used one and did a wireless speaker inside.

They sounded pretty darn good, and I actually used the Bose processing which cleaned things up a little on the high end. Obviously, not perfect- I actually had to bump the midrange, but overall a great sound.

However, I do miss the lower sub frequencies that I got with my Bose setup. The midbass hits pretty hard to make up for it, so it definitely has a different sound b/c of that. I don't think anyone cared, BUT I had one person telling me to turn it louder. That doesn't happen much, so that was really shocking.

With that said, I was suprsied how quickly they go into limit (red light flashing quite a bit). I am not quite sure the Bose would have been into the limit to get the volume needed for the party which is crazy to fathom.

Again, a great example of how spec sheets don't tell the whole story.

I will continue to evaluate and post my final impressions after 10 gigs, playing at venues I am very familiar with.

B-Sharp

DJ Extraordinaire
Feb 9, 2008
Taunton MA
www.southcoastdj.com
But I can get 2 RCF EVOX J8 for less money than a single Model II and be ahead of the game. Not as much a fan of the aesthetics of the J8 though .. wish they were closer to the standard EVOX 8.
I agree with you on the aesthetics, but I've been so pleased with my Evox 8 system that I just ordered one JMIX8 and one J8 and will be selling off my old Bose L1's and an EV Live-X system. The need for big speakers just doesn't exist anymore - if I can't cover the room with 4 Evox modules going forward (the JMIX 8, J8 & two Evox 8's), then I'll borrow or rent a bigger system.

steve149

Urbane Legend
Sep 26, 2011
Prospect, CT
I agree with you on the aesthetics, but I've been so pleased with my Evox 8 system that I just ordered one JMIX8 and one J8 and will be selling off my old Bose L1's and an EV Live-X system. The need for big speakers just doesn't exist anymore - if I can't cover the room with 4 Evox modules going forward (the JMIX 8, J8 & two Evox 8's), then I'll borrow or rent a bigger system.
I'm glad they sound good. A pair of JMix/J8 might be the replacement for my JBL system.

DJ Bobcat

DJ Extraordinerror
Nov 8, 2014
Oklahoma City
I still think the Bose L1 M2 look great, and are probably the nicest overall looking column speaker. But I can get 2 RCF EVOX J8 for less money than a single Model II and be ahead of the game. Not as much a fan of the aesthetics of the J8 though .. wish they were closer to the standard EVOX 8.
I haven’t seen the J8 in person. They look OK in pictures, so what is it about the way they look that you don’t like?

Maybe I need to see if GC has a J8 I can go look at?

steve149

Urbane Legend
Sep 26, 2011
Prospect, CT
I haven’t seen the J8 in person. They look OK in pictures, so what is it about the way they look that you don’t like?

Maybe I need to see if GC has a J8 I can go look at?
Chunkier, angled top, plasticy looking.