The Official Introductions Thread

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Hey Guys -

I'm Bryan - DJ and EDM producer. I do some mobile DJ work, but my passion is making mixes and producing tracks. I used to be in a club scene, but have since moved and did not feel like starting over again, so I don't get to play out as an EDM DJ.

I have been DJing since 2001 and Producing for about 6 months. I learn more and more every day.

Anyways, good to be here.
Welcome aboard Bryan! :)

Hello to all, Charles Whatley is my name but the kids in the hood called me Daddy W for so long it became the handle that I use while DJ'ing. I am a part-time DJ, full-time Engineer. I live in Greenville SC and my little enterprise is called "What a Night - Entertainment". I do weddings, parties, cooperate events and school dances. When I was in Jr College, 1977, I worked at a record store which had me DJ at the skating ring on Friday nights to advertise the store and, the local radio station was in sight of my house (they let me hang around). So the audio technology got me started ( duh, engineer!) 15 years ago my niece was getting married and she hired the churches video system to record their wedding, when I arrived (as a guest) I was greeted with desperate bridal party members, "Uncle Charles there is no-one here to operate the equipment, help!" So I filmed her wedding, one thing led to another (6 more nieces and nephews) and I was in the wedding videography biz. Most of that was at Churches so often I was in the fellowship hall after for Cake and Punch and there was no music..... I started to offer the music (which was a 1 hour pre-recorded set).... and so started the DJ thing. When HD came out and went mainstream about 10 years ago, yeah that's right only 10 years ago, I was looking at $20k to upgrade cameras and computers so that was the end of the video (radio killed the video store) I went into DJ only, got geared up and have had a blast ever since. I do about 20 events a year, mostly barn and community center wedding/receptions. Weddings are not big dollar events here in the south (between Atlanta and Charlotte). A bride can rent a neat barn (built for weddings) for $1500, cater in food at $20 a head, and decorate with stuff from the last 5 weddings which was left in the back room. They concentrate on beer, bbq, and socializing (with some dancing thrown in.) There are a few multi-op's in the area plus the Atlanta and Charlotte mulit-ops will prowl down here when things are slow. There are about ten of us single op guys (and couples) that do a real good job in the $500 to $800 range, and then of course there are always a dozen or so new guys with a fold out table, old Peavey Speakers and youtube downloads willing to work for food!

Welcome Chaz .. You'll find this crew a bit different than the other board .. and yet familiar at the same time.

Reactions: Albatross
Welcome Chaz! Seems like more and more familiar faces are showing up over here.

Welcome aboard Chaz

Welcome back, Ray !

Hi, after 15 years of mostly weddings in Connecticut I "retired" in 2006. Bridezillas were more frequent and my part time fun job was taking up 30 to 40 hrs a week during wedding season.

Three years ago my son's very small Catholic school hired a horrible dj (blown Gemini speakers) for an event and did an awful job. Immediately after I told the principal to save her money, I'm doing the events from now on.

So now I have an excuse to have some toys again ;) and most of the events are little things like breakfast with Santa, end of year picnic, banquets, etc.

The best part is since it is a small school (200 kids, k - 8) I know most of the kids and their parents so the kids are usually on their best behavior, I've even taught some of the kids how to use some of the stuff and they help me set up!

Welcome Carl .. we have lots of opinions to offer when you want go shopping .. :)

Welcome aboard, hope you can learn a lot, ignore some stuff, add input & perspectives, and have some fun!

Reactions: Carl
Hoping to pick up some tips and knowledge, I forgot alot and now the school events have gotten more popular (i'd like to think it's because if me) they want to try having some dances now. The first being a father/daughter dance april 1st. I haven't done a school dance in 20 years! Lol

Last edited:
Hoping to pick up some tips and knowledge, I forgot slot and now the school events have gotten more popular (i'd like to think it's because if me) they want to try having some dances now. The first being a father/daughter dance april 1st. I haven't done a school dance in 20 years! Lol
Just noticed you're in CT .. what part?