Special Pricing for GAF Tape

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I don't tape anything behind my table. The only one that should be back there is myself.

On rare occassion, if I have a stubborn cord that I seem to have an issue with, I tape it down.

You have a lot more involved in your set ups. TVs, Totems with Moving heads. 30+ yards per event? That is nuts though. I can see it when you have long runs to those totems though.

With your DJ console now exposed in front of your facade, you will be using more tape.

Another downside for using so much tape, is that adds to tear down/load out time. I am a 1 man show, and many of my venues, the catering staff is completely done cleaing up 40 to 45 minutes after a reception ends, and the venue manager is waiting on the DJ to load out. I'm quick, but if I have to pick up 15 or 20+ yards of tape off of cords that adds more minutes to me getting out of there.

Totems may require a assistant helping me tear down...especially if I am also doing up lighting.
The console hasn't actually changed anything, as there are only 2 xlrs and 1 power cable that is taped down, and that's not really much. It's more so the totems. Every run of totem is 5-15ft worth of wiring that needs to be covered. Also I use 2-4 circuits per event, so every run to a wall has to be safely taped down, and anything that is in a walking path, or somewhere where a guest may step over to come to us, that's taped down in it's entirety to make sure nothing is exposed and have a heel accidentally trip over.

exactly, when I used 2 inches, it always became 4 inches, so I started buying the wide as it's easier.

The console hasn't actually changed anything, as there are only 2 xlrs and 1 power cable that is taped down, and that's not really much. It's more so the totems. Every run of totem is 5-15ft worth of wiring that needs to be covered. Also I use 2-4 circuits per event, so every run to a wall has to be safely taped down, and anything that is in a walking path, or somewhere where a guest may step over to come to us, that's taped down in it's entirety to make sure nothing is exposed and have a heel accidentally trip over.

Battery Powered, Wireless DMX Moving heads can't come out fast enough! Imagine having to not run any cords at all to moving heads on top of totems!

Battery Powered, Wireless DMX Moving heads can't come out fast enough! Imagine having to not run any cords at all to moving heads on top of totems!
That'd be great... still can't avoid the tv's. Keep in mind, all my moving heads have electrical conduits built for them, so that it's only 1 wire coming out of the bottom of the totem... 2 if you have tv's and include an hdmi wire. So it's not like I'm running a lot of wires. Taping is just moreso for security purposes of no one tripping, and having unsightly wires hanging out.

Am I the only one who uses 4 inch wide "
I used 4" when I did live sound and had lots of cables running on a stage. I have a few 3" rolls, but 2" works for most of the runs.

Am I the only one who uses 4 inch wide "

I would buy both so not to introduce waste. A lot of times I'm taping a single wires like a Cat5e, SDI, or single XLR return. I prefer to plan my setups for the minimal amount of stuff on the floor and rig my lighting and projection on the ceiling whenever possible.

I think the role I get at Guitar Center is 3 inch wide.

I use 3" as well.
The 2" tape never seems to be wide enough, and the 4" is a waste if you're only taping one wire.
But like Ricky...I will keep a roll for MONTHS before buying more.

I use those combo xlr power cables which are really thick so absolutely need 4 inch.