Speaking of coincidences wow!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
Here it goes. I was playing in this lounge on Friday from 6-10pm for a little while. I got to play there because of my friend who plays there. This owner was looking for other DJs to come in and play there. This owner started playing games with the money after a while. Long story short I came there on Friday January 8th. He tells me I can setup and play. Then he tells me if he makes some money he will pay me something. So I packed up and left before I did something to get me locked up.

I've been back in the place just to hear my friend play and visit with some people that come there to hear my friend play. They know both of us and love both of us.

Now on to what happened last night. I've been looking for a place to play at again. I was just looking for a good fit for me as I'm not willing to play just anywhere because they need a DJ and have money to pay.

I left my GF's house and was debating on going home since I was very tired or go check out this place I know to see about getting to play there. I decided to go there. I get there and they were open. So I was directed to talk to this lady. They already have a DJ playing there on Friday nights. They don't have anyone for Saturday or Sunday. She tells me those days are left for when someone wants to have an event there then they have a DJ come in.

She tells me the guy that gets the DJs to come to play there is outside in a blue Ford Explorer. She tells me his name. I go outside to talk to the guy and couldn't believe who it was. Me and this guy used to work together on my day job before he became a supervisor over the tradesmen. So I know this guy personally! We get to talking and he said that in April he was looking for a DJ to come and play there on Saturday nights. He wanted the music to be house music since the DJ playing there on Friday plays some other types of music besides just house music. That music is tailor made for me!

I like the other things he mentioned. The age he wants is 25 and older. Great! Then he also said he wasn't looking for fast money to start. He wants the money to come in slowly so he can get the right crowd coming in the place. So I'm going to meet back up with him on this coming Wednesday. He said he's there at 7pm. So I will have to see him after 9 because I do something else not associated with the business that day and I won't be able to to get there until then.

When one door closes God opens another door. Usually better than the one before.

Sorry but the title came up wrong. It should just read speaking of coincidences wow.

You won't go to bad / dangerous neighborhoods but you'll walk up to a vehicle you don't know with people in it that you don't know. Smart.
Did you not hear that I know the guy in the vehicle and this is not a rough place. This is a place where they are very careful about who and what comes to this place. They are not hard up for money which is what my friend said about setting up this night for a DJ to come in and play. Nothing was going to happen to me going to this vehicle scaredy cat.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I am going to walk around in shopping center parking lots and walk up to people I don't know and give them my business card. Who knows...maybe it will yield some inquiring customers who book. Free form of marketing, and all it takes is time and energy (and the cost of biz cards)

At least Mix is beating the bushes trying to obtain business.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
you had no idea who was in the car before you went up to it. Why is he sitting in a car doing business? Oh yes the scary part is this is stuff happens everyday of your life. Never have i had someone tell me to go out to a car to talk about getting a spot somewhere.

you had no idea who was in the car before you went up to it. Why is he sitting in a car doing business? Oh yes the scary part is this is stuff happens everyday of your life. Never have i had someone tell me to go out to a car to talk about getting a spot somewhere.
The guy was waiting on his son. Again nothing was going to happen. This place is not one of the places that you have gone to or played at. If I felt it was that kind of place I would have never went there to begin with. I'm not that hard up for money. No amount of money is worth my life. When you die you don't get to take one coin with you. Someone else will be spending that money.

Steve Jobs was worth billions of dollars and he doesn't get to spend any of that money because he's no longer here.

Reactions: Dan The Man
No things will be fine and by the way I love that movie.

Like I said before I don't just rush to play somewhere because they need a DJ. I check the place out and see who they allow to come in the place. What kind of music they allow the DJ to play. Some owners /managers don't care what type of music the DJ plays. All they care about is making money. Before I get beat up for making that last statement here it is. Some will allow the DJ to play music with explicit lyrics all night long and don't care what happens. Places and owners like that I stay away from.

Did you not hear that I know the guy in the vehicle and this is not a rough place. This is a place where they are very careful about who and what comes to this place. They are not hard up for money which is what my friend said about setting up this night for a DJ to come in and play. Nothing was going to happen to me going to this vehicle scaredy cat.

Mix, you're the one that keeps blabbing about not doing dangerous things, yet look at what you did. You weren't going to the lot to meet a friend. You DID NOT know who was in the vehicle until you got there - that IS what YOU said.

Don't talk... to straaaangers! (and baby don't ya tallllkk...)

Coincidence or not, I think it's pretty terrible that you know the guy from your old job, which means that he knows you, and he just happens to be looking for someone who plays exactly the kind of music that you love to play. Personally, I'd be bothered by that. If you used to work together, he should've already known that you're the guy for the job. The fact that you had to roll up to him outside of a club on a Friday night is just sketchy, safety reasons aside.

Don't talk... to straaaangers! (and baby don't ya tallllkk...)

Coincidence or not, I think it's pretty terrible that you know the guy from your old job, which means that he knows you, and he just happens to be looking for someone who plays exactly the kind of music that you love to play. Personally, I'd be bothered by that. If you used to work together, he should've already known that you're the guy for the job. The fact that you had to roll up to him outside of a club on a Friday night is just sketchy, safety reasons aside.
No I said we worked together at my day job. I said nothing about a bar or club. Again hear me out this area is a nice area. So no need to worry. LIKE I SAID IF I FELT IT WASN'T A SAFE PLACE TO BE I WOULDN'T HAVE WENT THERE PERIOD!

No I said we worked together at my day job. I said nothing about a bar or club. Again hear me out this area is a nice area. So no need to worry. LIKE I SAID IF I FELT IT WASN'T A SAFE PLACE TO BE I WOULDN'T HAVE WENT THERE PERIOD!

I said nothing about a bar or club either. My point is this: When I had a day job, EVERYONE I worked with at that job knew I was a DJ. Whenever the company was having an event where as much as a microphone was needed, I was the guy to supply it. I can't imagine that there was anybody in the building who didn't know what I did on the side. Now, it's all I do (and they still call me to DJ their parties).

I said nothing about a bar or club either. My point is this: When I had a day job, EVERYONE I worked with at that job knew I was a DJ. Whenever the company was having an event where as much as a microphone was needed, I was the guy to supply it. I can't imagine that there was anybody in the building who didn't know what I did on the side. Now, it's all I do (and they still call me to DJ their parties).
Me too. Yet I worked in one place where I wasn't the only one that worked there and was a DJ. I did events for them at times myself. This guy knows me and what I do. So I will meet with him God willing on Wednesday to discuss things further.