Songs not available anywhere BUT Youtube?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
If YouTube is the only option I have to play a song, I will.

. Not ideal, but it's not a big deal.

In my opinion, even if people noticed the lower sound quality, they will take it over not hearing their song.

Like others here, I make every effort avoid using youtube tracks. However, there are times where you just can't find it elsewhere (online). I downloaded a Garth Brooks tune this morning from youtube, simply because he's too much of a putz to distribute his music thru digital channels.

Like others here, I make every effort avoid using youtube tracks. However, there are times where you just can't find it elsewhere (online). I downloaded a Garth Brooks tune this morning from youtube, simply because he's too much of a putz to distribute his music thru digital channels.

Held out and now gets paid more than anyone else....

Garth Brooks Reveals Amazon Streaming Deal Details: Exclusive - (https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7549052/garth-brooks-streaming-amazon-music-unlimited-exclusive)

Reactions: Valerie Hicks
I have no problem using YouTube in a pinch.
Last wedding I did, I had several "special" versions requested for the ceremony.
The bride had timed out each song for it's specific purpose...
and were NOT the regularly available versions.
So she sent YouTube links.
Most were songs I already owned (and paid for)...just alternative versions.

I've got no problem using YouTube if it is not available anyplace else, but I do not use a down-loader. I use Audacity.

First I filter for any possible HD video versions of the song. 720p and 1080p supports higher quality audio if it was uploaded that way.
Open Audacity. Then, while the YouTube video is playing, start recording (using internal line). Carefully adjusting levels, usually to -3db.
Once recorded, convert to mp3 with Audacity's added on Lame converter. Sounds good!
Is that legal to do?

Just used YouTube last night. At a wedding, the Father of the bride says if you'd play Jason Aldean version of Bryan Adams heaven, it would mean the world to my wife.

Only place I could find it was YouTube

Played it for a slow song. Went over well. Mission accomplished