Last night's pre New Years Eve party.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
I went to this bar in Orange, NJ last night for a pre New Years Eve party at Harmony bar on Central Ave. That's the same bar me and my friend played at last Thursday for the people who were regulars at he Private Place Lounge. They decided to have this party this Thursday. My very good friend Jay Jay the DJ played this time himself. I stayed out of the way this time. He did a great job.

The past 2 weeks he did such a great job that he's been invited back next Thursday. He already has a spot in another place every second Thursday. Now I told him he has this place. He said it's not official yet. I beg to differ. I understand his point. His concern is how much are they willing to agree to pay him. I take it it's enough because he's coming back. I'm happy for him. The owner or manager, whichever one he is likes the crowd that he brings to the place.

I talked it over with this guy and I talked him into having my 30th anniversary party there on Sunday February 4th from 5-10pm. That's with the help of my friend because he didn't understand what I was talking about. I just wanted to have this party to celebrate the great accomplishment of me being back doing what I love to do. Even though it's tough some days due to health reasons. So it's going down! People from that group had been asking me did I find a place to have it and now I just did. here will be food there and my friend said he would be there to support the party. Small bar but it should be a great party. I took some pictures unlike last Thursday where I could barely walk. he interesting thing is my friend used his Alto Stealth wireless setup for the speakers. I want that for sure!

So my partner will be playing first and I'll go last as in the celebrity DJ. I will post the event on FB later on. It's just too early to do it now. I would say sometime next week would be good. For me it was about finding a DJ as to not interfere with someone else playing there.

Attachments

• IMG_7295.JPG
    IMG_7295.JPG
    235 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7296.JPG
    IMG_7296.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7297.JPG
    IMG_7297.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7298.JPG
    IMG_7298.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7299.JPG
    IMG_7299.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7300.JPG
    IMG_7300.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7301.JPG
    IMG_7301.JPG
    251.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7302.JPG
    IMG_7302.JPG
    281.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7303.JPG
    IMG_7303.JPG
    232.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7304.JPG
    IMG_7304.JPG
    244 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7305.JPG
    IMG_7305.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7306.JPG
    IMG_7306.JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7307.JPG
    IMG_7307.JPG
    233.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7308.JPG
    IMG_7308.JPG
    314.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7309.JPG
    IMG_7309.JPG
    347.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7310.JPG
    IMG_7310.JPG
    304 KB · Views: 39
So, you attended a party and your friend is getting more gigs than you. Was that the gist?

You DO realize that Sunday, Feb 4 is Superbowl Sunday?

So, you attended a party and your friend is getting more gigs than you. Was that the gist?

You DO realize that Sunday, Feb 4 is Superbowl Sunday?
I didn't realize that. My team has long been finished this season. I'm rooting for the Cardinals because I want to see Larry Fitzgerald get a ring. He'a guaranteed super Hall Of Famer! I will call the guy later and look to see if the date can be changed. Myself I have work coming in the future. I'm doing OK. One thing, I'm not in competition with him. Over the years we've known each other he has refereed plenty of jobs to me. Some I accepted and some I rejected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ausumm and ittigger
Not a single drink in anyones hand. There is reason one why this place wont be open long.
It has been open a long time Jimmy. People there were drinking. One member said that the crowd was an older crowd and decided they weren't a dancing crowd. They dance. The crowd for the most part is that age because my friend played in the lounge that closed down for 27 years. So those people are loyal to him.

A lot of DJs would see a crowd in a bar not dancing as me not doing a good job. I had to learn how to turn a bar over. Our ego says we need to keep the dance floor packed. The owner is concerned with how much money is going in the cash register.

When playing in a bar my concern is to keep the bar happy. When you're good people will dance. Some just need a drink or two before they will get up and dance.

That's with the help of my friend because he didn't understand what I was talking about.

Can you invite your friend to ODJT? I don't understand what you're talking about either.

Reactions: sonic-vision
It has been open a long time Jimmy. People there were drinking. One member said that the crowd was an older crowd and decided they weren't a dancing crowd. They dance. The crowd for the most part is that age because my friend played in the lounge that closed down for 27 years. So those people are loyal to him.

A lot of DJs would see a crowd in a bar not dancing as me not doing a good job. I had to learn how to turn a bar over. Our ego says we need to keep the dance floor packed. The owner is concerned with how much money is going in the cash register.

When playing in a bar my concern is to keep the bar happy. When you're good people will dance. Some just need a drink or two before they will get up and dance.

You took all that word for word from something I told you years ago. Again we all know what to do. it has always been you not knowing or listening.

I think I see another DJ slowly morphing into a photographer. What's cool about photography is you don't have to have a gig to do it. Just go somewhere and take pictures!

Thats the same dj as the one from the wedding you posted a few months back at the galloping hill. Why is he at his age still able to pull in weekly gigs and weddings, yet you struggle to find clients willing to pay even a couple hundred. I think those are the real questions you should be having with yourself. New years just around the corner, perfect time to start reflecting.

You took all that word for word from something I told you years ago. Again we all know what to do. it has always been you not knowing or listening.
Wrong again target breath! I had a night playing in the Private Place Lounge where one of the regulars told me to get these people up dancing. I told him they will dance when it's time. They started dancing and couldn't stop till it was time to shut the music off.

Some DJ's would look at people not dancing as a sign of them doing a poor job. For most private events I would agree. Now a bar I would say is something different. Now if you're there week after week and nobody is dancing then it's you.
I remember being invited to a bar in Jersey city. Lady I used to work with they were having a birthday party for her husband. The kids picked out the place. It was about what they liked and never mind their father. It was $5 to get in and it was ghetto unfabulous. DJ playing music and nobody dancing. Jokers on the wall wearing white tee's and Tim's.

Eventually some females on thfloor started to fight. The DJ had to get on the mic and tell them if they keep this up they would have to stop playing there. I soon left after that. Yeah the place might have been making money but with the wrong crowd in the place.

Then just to be fair, maybe that's the only kind of music the DJ could play in the place so people will come there. It happened to my partner in a place. He could only play bootie shaker club and gangster rap music the whole time he played there.

The people coming in there when he played were either gang bangers or the girls chasing after their money. That place has been deserted for years never to return. I grew up in the neighborhood and I remember when it was run by 2 different owners. It was class back then and when this last owner took over it turned into trash.