Just spent the night making custom first dance songs for weddings

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Jeff, since you equate your mixing skills with running out into traffic - I don't blame you for not doing it live.
I don't describe my mixes as traffic fatalities, and I'm not the OP who spent the night repeatedly trying to record a mix in VDJ.

We all know the "mixing doesn't matter crowd" is made up of people who's go-to DJ tools are a mouse and keyboard. You can keep your lowest common denominator style, and refrain from ever standing out behind a mixer.

Ricky, download a free copy of MixPad and multi-track what you can't get done live. It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to remix one of these custom tracks. If cuts and edits are all you need Audacity will take you only minutes.

Generally, the limitations people express in this thread are telling. I don't wait for some special request to make these kind of live mixes. Why would I limit a Motown set for example, to just 4 or 5 songs when I can fit a medley of 15 into the same time window? I am after all - a DJ. Perhaps too many of you have forgotten what that means.

Bob I mix as well or maybe better than anyone here you included. I've been doing it a long time. My ego doesn't allow me to chance ruining someones event so I do it the other way and get this no one knows or cares as long as it's done and done right.

I would have to think that maybe you don't know how to use Audition if you want to call me some night I'd be glad to walk you through it so you don't have to gamble with other peoples events

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Everyone here (including Bob) has some useful knowledge that would be beneficial to all (also including Bob). As shown through many discussions, there is no one here that is an expert at everything and most people actually do have some thoughtful ideas.

With Bob, it's his delivery and his interaction skills that counteract any message he's trying to deliver, especially when he's called on his knowledge.

Everyone here can learn from others, regardless of your knowledge and experience. You don't know everything - and if you think you do, you actually know alot less than you think.

Expert - a person who knows more and more about less and less until (s)he knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

All information has a value, and when that value is low there is little point in campaigning or even participating to be in the know.
Lick your wounds however you like, but don't mistake your desire to be right, or even possessing knowledge, as having any power to limit the ability of others to surpass you in spite of that knowledge.

Correct, in your own words, Silence is powerful - know when to use it.

I have no wounds to lick. I also have no desire to be right all the time, because I know I'm not. There are times, where I am right - and try as you may, you have no ability to surpass that knowledge. Again, as much as you'd like to think - you don't know everything. Not even close.

Last edited:
Correct, in your own words, Silence is powerful - know when to use it.

I have no wounds to lick. I also have no desire to be right all the time, because I know I'm not. There are times, where I am.

He's just embarrassed because you exposed his ignorance with regards to RAID in another thread. He won't get over it because he can't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guy seems to have a mental disorder IMO, which he has no ability to control. I pity him to a certain degree, but since he has not and can not endear himself to others, ...

That is so kind of you.
This more than anything, the self-stroking tendency to wrap insult in phony compassion and paternalism is what characterizes a large proportion of the participating (and declining) membership here. There are only about 3 participating members I can think of who refrain from this ugly habit. Among them is Mix - who displays more baseline honesty in his posts then then all the group-think majority combined.

At the very least - I have the straight up audacity to tell someone when their position is full of sh*t. Just take it or leave it. I happen to think the ignore feature is great. Why anyone would want to remove that feature speaks to a queer motive indeed.

I am right - and try as you may, you have no ability to surpass that knowledge.

That's a self-delusional statement, so I can understand why you'd prefer the ignore feature removed.

When you're right about something that isn't useful - if I care to see it at all, it will be in the rear view mirror.

Last edited:
At the very least - I have the straight up audacity to tell someone when their position is full of sh*t. Just take it or leave it.

And there are plenty of times where your position is full of sh*t and you are wrong - and those here also have the straight up audacity to tell you that as well. Take it or leave it.

I happen to think the ignore feature is great.

That's your opinion - and that's what makes this forum great.

Why anyone would want to remove that feature speaks to a queer motive indeed.

Those of us that want it removed feel the same about those that want it to remain.

There are times, where I am right - and try as you may, you have no ability to surpass that knowledge.

That's a self-delusional statement, so I can understand why you'd prefer the ignore feature removed.

Maybe delusional to you - but not to others here. Again, you don't know everything. With as much as I know about some things, I know there is alot more that I can and do learn. There are many things that I know alot more about than you do or ever will. The same is true in the opposite direction. Together, we (here at ODJT) know alot. If you fight it, you'll be limited to your small world (which will get smaller by the day). If you open your ears at times, you might be surprised what you can learn.

When you're right about something that isn't useful - if I care to see it at all, it will be in the rear view mirror.

Just because you don't find information useful, doesn't mean it's not useful to others. In addition, one's ignorance of useful information does not make it any less useful.

Again, this is a group of your peers. You choose to keep coming back, therefore you chose to make these people your peers. If you do not view these people as your peers, then that means that the people you view as your own peers do not accept you as their peer. Regardless, you are no better than anyone else here - and as long as you continue to look down your nose or act like you are better than or smarter than those here, you will continue to bump heads with them. Respect is a two way street.

Last edited:
He's just embarrassed because you exposed his ignorance with regards to RAID in another thread. He won't get over it because he can't.

I don't think a detailed discussion over the OP's head about RAID variables or how data sectors are written benefits anyone who'd simply like to have a good backup plan for their music. It was his habits that destroyed his data - not RAID '0'. I gave him a simple visual description not a technical brief and yes, IT guys always go OCD anytime you do something like that. That's never gonna be 'right' as far as I'm concerned.

I'm also still waiting for the OP to mention why that drive had no backup and why he has no access to the original downloads or CDs? I believe in another thread he mentioned he works for a multi-op? He has not returned to the thread since the question was posed. The need to be right doesn't seem to blind me to the bigger picture the way it does some others.

Just because you don't find information useful, doesn't mean it's not useful to others. In addition, one's ignorance of useful information does not make it any less useful.
The OP told you straight up you were talking over his head. Your 'right' technical knowledge was not useful to anyone but you and your demand to be heard. It really is that simple.

Removing the ignore feature is a demand to be heard. You don't have that right.

The OP told you straight up you were talking over his head. Your 'right' technical knowledge was not useful to anyone but you and your demand to be heard. It really is that simple.

Removing the ignore feature is a demand to be heard. You don't have that right.

No Bob, the overall discussion is what the OP had an issue with. It was not directed at solely me. You are to blame as well - and with your input being incorrect, you made it worse. It really is that simple.

In the event I need to break stuff down, I can do it easily and very well.

Bob I mix as well or maybe better than anyone here you included. I've been doing it a long time. My ego doesn't allow me to chance ruining someones event so I do it the other way and get this no one knows or cares as long as it's done and done right.

I would have to think that maybe you don't know how to use Audition if you want to call me some night I'd be glad to walk you through it so you don't have to gamble with other peoples events

Jeff, your regular habit of flinging insults as accusations (see red text above) is a character trait of your posting habits I find repulsive.
I have never ruined or gambled with anyone's event. One of my best abilities is knowing when and how to use any of them to client's benefit. So, F** u.

I don't think a detailed discussion over the OP's head about RAID variables or how data sectors are written benefits anyone who'd simply like to have a good backup plan for their music.

It absolutely is, especially when YOU want to argue about what RAID is - or that it wasn't turned on. You might be surprised to learn that MOST people DON'T have a good backup plan, if any at all. I have saved many peoples data over the years - and most will not and do not care until it happens. This idea is not exclusive to an external hard drive or even the IT world.

It was his habits that destroyed his data - not RAID '0'. I gave him a simple visual description not a technical brief and yes, IT guys always go OCD anytime you do something like that. That's never gonna be 'right' as far as I'm concerned.

No, it certainly was not his habits. Bob, when you tell someone to just plug a drive into another machine, then you DO NOT understand how something works. I will call bad advice when I see it - especially from someone that is NOT in the IT arena and obviously does not understand the situation.

I'm also still waiting for the OP to mention why that drive had no backup and why he has no access to the original downloads or CDs?

Keep waiting. He doesn't need to justify it to you. An accident happened, he learned from it and moved on. Why can't you?

Last edited:
Jeff, your regular habit of flinging insults as accusations (see red text above) is a character trait of your posting habits I find repulsive.
I have never 'ruined' or 'gambled' anyone's event. One of my best abilities is knowing when and how to use any of them to client's benefit. So, F** u.

And your regular habit of flinging insults as accusations is a character trait of your posting habits that those here find repulsive. Pot, meet Kettle. If you want to resolve it, then treat people the way you want to be treated. That REALLY IS .. that simple.

Last edited:
I don't think a detailed discussion over the OP's head about RAID variables or how data sectors are written benefits anyone who'd simply like to have a good backup plan...
The discussion WAS over the OP's head... it was quite obviously over your's as well. Anyone can Google a topic, but your clear inability to communicate the basic concepts of RAID revealed your lack of knowledge on the topic. That's OK... I'm sure there are others on this board who didn't know any more about an external RAID drive than you. It's nothing to be embarrassed about. If you hadn't tried to fake it, and then double down on your misinformation, it would have gone almost unnoticed.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The discussion WAS over the OP's head... it was quite obviously over your's as well. Anyone can Google a topic, but your clear inability to communicate the basic concepts of RAID revealed your lack of knowledge on the topic. That's OK... I'm sure there are others on this board who didn't know any more about an external RAID drive than you. It's nothing to be embarrassed about. If you hadn't tried to fake it, and then double down on your misinformation, it would have gone almost unnoticed.

Completely agreed. Everyone doesn't know about RAID - nor do they need to know. Up until it became a much bigger topic, it was very briefly mentioned - because, most people don't know about it (nor do they care). It's not like he said 'I have a problem' - and I responded with 'oh, lets see RAID 0, 1, etc'. For the few times where it was mentioned, I specifically said what they were - in 'laymans terms' - and even broke down why.

I have never ruined or gambled with anyone's event. One of my best abilities is knowing when and how to use any of them to client's benefit. So, F** u.

That' hilarious coming from you. By the way I've issued you a warning for baiting and cursing at a moderator it's my humble suggestion you tone it down

You do it your way........

It's irritating to have an edit like this sprung on you with no notice, but there's nothing that says it couldn't happen to you either. So what, you go over everything a month out. Do you really think that will stop a client from changing their mind and calling you, 72 hours in advance with a change? Would you turn them down? And I'm sorry but charging an extra fee is something I simply would never do. I'd smile, grit my teeth, and give them great customer service.
The point to having them look at getting things finalized weeks in advance is so they have it set in their minds to get things together by a certain time and not wait till the last minute.. it's understood that they have a lot of things to get taken care of but why should I be in convinced? I have a life and just may have other work or things to get out of the way besides their event. I understand having good customer service can go a long way but there should be a line drawn in the sand as to when it's good customer service and going way over board to help someone that's lazy out.

There are only about 3 participating members I can think of who refrain from this ugly habit. Among them is Mix - who displays more baseline honesty in his posts then then all the group-think majority combined.

Yet you are here daily. You must not think that much of yourself and your time if you really feel that way about this group.

I feel bad for you, Bob. I think you are an unhappy dude. You really need to learn to relax and have fun. Life can be incredibly enjoyable. Spending time with people you have such disdain for will give you high blood pressure, anxiety, and make people not want to be around you less. Which may be why you spend time here

In the worst case, some of this anger and anxiety could show up in front of an important customer

If you tried chilling out, having a drink, talking a walk with a loved one in a park, I bet it would help. It couldn't hurt