In your opinion what were the best stretch of years to be a Mobile DJ? Or are we in them presently?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
It's not that no one has been doing this. Today at the DJ level it is different because technology, retail, and personal computing has made it possible for nearly everyone to do this and to allow the customer a level of content creation they formerly had to pay handsomely to get.

As far as the "experience" this "look" that you frequently post is not new. It's nearly 30 years old and originated with Bar Mitzvah and Quinceanera entertainers. It made it's way into weddings as a result of promotion and selling of the ideas through DJ conventions, etc. The resulting retail fenzy of products that followed are what feeds the less theatrical or creative inclined operators looking for off-the-shelf stage sets and turn-key effects.

Up lighting has been in use since the 1970s and facades as long as there have been game shows, etc. LEDs and Moving heads/mirrors represent a change in technology but not entirely a change in the experience. It's a faster, easier, and cheaper way to achieve a given effect and therefore makes it accessible to many more people.

I must admit, I find your negativity and "better than thou" barbs amusing at times.

What is the drinking age in your states? It's 19 here in NS

21 since 1984 in CT.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
What is the drinking age in your states? It's 19 here in NS
21 since 86 here
It was 19 when I turned 19, then switched a year later with a grandfather clause. My girlfriend missed the cutoff date by one day and had to wait 2 more years to be "legal". But the bartenders were so confused that everyone got in

Ours was ramped .. It was made 21 in 1984, but they phased it in when they moved it to 19 in '84, then to 20 in '85, and finally to 21 in '86. My brother was pissed because he was 18 in '84 and they moved it up one year a few months before his birthday each year.

I remember visiting Columbus, OH back in '78 (one of my friends went to Ohio State) and all we could get there was 3.2 beer .. sucked.

I remember visiting Columbus, OH back in '78 (one of my friends went to Ohio State) and all we could get there was 3.2 beer .. sucked.
Yeah there were as few years they had 3.2 beer for 18 and 21 for everything else. The 3.2 beer had red writing on top of the can.

And I'll be in Columbus for a few buckeye games this fall

Reactions: steve149