Facebook Marketing

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Not even sure what to say about this post
View attachment 34801

I can't imagine another DJ service that could compete for a job here at $275
You won't be competing on price if you were to compete at all with this offer... you'd be competing on providing a whole different level of quality. I've done my small share of low end venues, where my services were in some cases more than everything else combined... but because they valued high quality entertainment, it was worth the investment.

Wow .. I tipped my daughter's DJ more than that last August.

Reactions: Ausumm and Ron
$10 caterer? Sams Club/Costco food...only brings 1 helper (maybe 2?) to strike. Either Chicken with 2 low cost veggies, or mashed potatoes/1 veggie. MAYBE some Salad. Or he is offering a BBQ style menu with cheap meat purchased.

Either way, he isn't turning much profit at $10 per person.

Back in 2007 I did a wedding where they used Boston Market. Their cost was $13 per person back then and included Lemonade/Tea - Chicken, 3 side dishes, and corn bread. ...It was a value deal imo at the time, but Boston Market is not a legitimate wedding vendor.

I have also done many weddings where BBQ food was brought in. Most BBQ places like Famous Dave's for example can do a wedding for around $18 to $25 per person in my area not including alcohol/bar and the service charge.

Because you are a fellow DJ, who also has a lot of money to spend due to a upper middle class stable full time job! :)
You mean "you all" (or is that all you all?) don't get tipped more than $250 each event?

Reactions: Ausumm
$275 is LOW for 2018...It was low for 2005, but unfortunately I have noticed that there are 2 popular break out pricing fields that have emerged in the DJ industry ever since the recession.

I have noticed it BIG TIME over the past 12 months in my area as well. DJs are generally choosing between the following 2 price groups to position themselves in.

There is the Low Budget Vendor Group of DJs who all quote $275 to $450 for any where from 3 hours to even 6 hours. $450 for 6 hours...YES...Brides are finding DJs quoting this price in my market. These DJs hope to win on price, and know once they creep up to $500 or more their prospect will just choose someone lower priced than them. ...This group is HUGE on Gig Masters this year.

Then there is the group of DJs trying to charge more year after year and generally quote $1,200 to $1900 on weddings today, and pay the big bucks to stay featured vendors on Wedding Wire (Over $350 a month membership now if paying monthly)

There are 2 other very small groups of DJs: The bottom 10% The real low end group charging under $250 are generally bedroom DJs, or hobbyists that cater to the very cheap clientele. Then there are the "High End DJs" (Maybe the top 3%) who are reaching for the stars but cater to small circles of clients

The Group generally quoting between $500 and $1,150 are finding themselves stuck and seeing less and less bookings as the middle class clientele is dissolving. The clients we EXPECT to be middle class today are either getting lower quotes and choosing to book them, OR ultimately put more money into the DJ, and book a $1,200+ DJ.

$10 caterer? Sams Club/Costco food...only brings 1 helper (maybe 2?) to strike. Either Chicken with 2 low cost veggies, or mashed potatoes/1 veggie. MAYBE some Salad. Or he is offering a BBQ style menu with cheap meat purchased.

Either way, he isn't turning much profit at $10 per person.

Back in 2007 I did a wedding where they used Boston Market. Their cost was $13 per person back then and included Lemonade/Tea - Chicken, 3 side dishes, and corn bread. ...It was a value deal imo at the time, but Boston Market is not a legitimate wedding vendor.

I have also done many weddings where BBQ food was brought in. Most BBQ places like Famous Dave's for example can do a wedding for around $18 to $25 per person in my area not including alcohol/bar and the service charge.

Check out his website: Our Place catering

I'm telling you, this guy is amazing with what he provides. His food is always terrific and I've never seen him run short. I'd hate to compete against him.

Check out his website: Our Place catering

I'm telling you, this guy is amazing with what he provides. His food is always terrific and I've never seen him run short. I'd hate to compete against him.

Looking at his list menu, I am assuming he is telling clients they can pick ONE choice out of that list for $10 per person? I mean to bring ALL of that, there is no way he could do it for $10 per person. Same with the $13 per person list...They probably get to choose 1 item from that list at that price.

Then for sides/accompaniments, I wonder how many the client gets out of that list? 2 or 3? No way he can bring ALL of that included.

$2.50 per person for sodas/tea is a normal price.

$3 per person for dessert is low, but competitive.

Looking at his list menu, I am assuming he is telling clients they can pick ONE choice out of that list for $10 per person? I mean to bring ALL of that, there is no way he could do it for $10 per person. Same with the $13 per person list...They probably get to choose 1 item from that list at that price.

Then for sides/accompaniments, I wonder how many the client gets out of that list? 2 or 3? No way he can bring ALL of that included.

$2.50 per person for sodas/tea is a normal price.

$3 per person for dessert is low, but competitive.

I don't know the specific answers to your questions but I can tell you, I've worked with this guy on numerous events and he has never done anything but a first rate job. Every client that I've spoken with about him said he beats everyone's prices. He's got several vans and always is staffed well. IF/when I can ever make this happen, I'm intending to use him for food.

I don't know the specific answers to your questions but I can tell you, I've worked with this guy on numerous events and he has never done anything but a first rate job. Every client that I've spoken with about him said he beats everyone's prices. He's got several vans and always is staffed well. IF/when I can ever make this happen, I'm intending to use him for food.
Will he travel to Alabama ? :)