Interactive DJs Entertaining without boring.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
You're games have to ba as entertaining to watch (theatrical) as they are to play, otherwise you are simply intruding on people's social circle.

Back around 1995 there was a *completely* obnixiuos radio DJ who played that game at remotes. At most bars he would offer tee-shirts, or concert tickets to the first group of women who could show him a cameltoe!

He totally ruined that game for me...

During radio gigs at bars...that was expected or people wouldn't get involved...trust me, you do what you have to (within reason) to get people involved. And through many ways...sex sells.

I have the games set that's not the issue.

I'm getting mixed reactions 50% of the people get into it and 50% hate it.

I'm starting a venue where games will be a big part of the evening. I'm guessing that starting this way vs trying to do something new will make a difference.

I realize this is an old thread, but I think the answer is that there is no way to make people people who don't like games. like games. Funny that I am 100% interactive with my kids events, but not very interactive - meaning games - at my adult events.

What's a nut and bolt party?

Put some nuts in one fish bowl and bolts in another. (Make sure there is a nut for every bolt.) Have the ladies grab a nut and the guys grab a bolt. If they find their match they win something! Maybe just a connection with that person.

Paul

What's wrong with you people? The answer is obvious and you're all missing it. It's a bar. Just make sure your game has one of two elements in it:

1) bare-chested women
2) women wearing wet t-shirts

sheeesh.................... :)

Thats like an open bar at a wedding. Too easy.

Paul

I realize this is an old thread, but I think the answer is that there is no way to make people who don't like games, like games.

True enough. I think alot of us try to make it fun for everyone, hoping that the ones who don't like games will play along.

Funny that I am 100% interactive with my kids events, but not very interactive - meaning games - at my adult events.

Same here. I try to be interactive at most of my shows - that interactivity usually changes per show but I agree that the kids shows definitely take more interactiveness.

Put some nuts in one fish bowl and bolts in another. (Make sure there is a nut for every bolt.) Have the ladies grab a nut and the guys grab a bolt. If they find their match they win something! Maybe just a connection with that person.

Paul

Kewl - and you gave away cruises? I might be able to use this in a different capacity. How do they find 'the' match? Do they go down the line 'til they find the one that fits? The prize could be anything I'm assuming.

=)

What do y'all use for prizes? Do you get them or does the bar get them?

Bar and Beer/Liquor reps supply prizes.

Nights are Promoted by different companies:

Tuesday is Promoted by Coors Light
Wednesday - Bud Light
Thursday - Red Bull
Friday - Captain Morgan
Sunday - I don't have an actual promo that is regular but have had Jim Beam and Wild Turkey recently.

We get all kinds of stuff from t-shirts to trips. Give away free drinks, gift cards, concert tickets, sporting event tickets, and all other kinds of stuff.

I want you to know that I have taken your post to heart, and so far am using it for my Thursday nights- with success. Thanks ittigger!