Does anyone else listen to Danny Howard's House Mix Show on BPM on Saturday nights after a gig?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

DJ Ricky B

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 9, 2015
I'm just curious if anyone else tunes into XM BPM 51 on Saturday nights when they are driving home from a DJ gig? ...I do every Saturday night after a gig...It's always on. It's usually what is playing in my vehicle as I'm cruising up 95, or 295 back to Baltimore until I get home. His show has been n BMP for quite a few years now, I know I was listening in at least 6 years ago.

Anyone else? If not, do you have a go to to listen to after a DJ gig for the trip home?

I used to listen to the The Studio 54 channel driving home from events on a Saturday night. They had a DJ with Jelly in his name...played old school stuff....it was great.

I listen to Steve Earle's Hardcore Troubadour radio on Outlaw if it's late enough coming home

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
LOL... I went to bed at 9 PM last night.[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to bed at 3 AM. ....I bar-tended, and had a long night. I Made more money than many DJs charge to do a 4 hour gig! It was a exhausting day on my feet though. 2 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. ...About to do the same today, but I hopefully won't have to close tonight, but we will see.

I have tomorrow and Sunday off. No gigs. I had a wedding booked for Saturday, but the couple cancelled as the groom had to go out of the country as he is in the Military. I hope they reschedule with me next year at some point, but do not know when the new date is. ...It's close to my anniversary, so I will be taking the wife out on a date this weekend :)

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
They had a DJ with Jelly in his name...played old school stuff....it was great.

Jellybean Benitez. Incredibly talented DJ/musician and GREAT guy. (He's on the left).
brendanjellybean.jpg

Incredibly talented DJ/musician and GREAT guy. (He's on the left).
View attachment 35102
Obviously...you set that up nicely, Bud Abbott!

Jellybean Benitez is a true talent and has been an influence on dance music since I dipped my first toe into deejaying and I'm old as f...so GET OFF MY LAWN!

My travel programming might include any of the following podcasts/playlist:
Beyond Yacht Rock, Comedy Bang Bang, A Way With Words, or my personal Spotify playlist, Yacht Rocky.

i normally have to cut the radio for an hour or so...my brain is usually fried and i need to decompress....

i do however enjoy the Saturday Safety Dance on 1st WAVE ... both obscure and known 80s classics blended nicely

Jellybean is definitely a pillar in the 90s house dj world...

cc

Reactions: Jeff Romard
I usually listen to an Adam Carolla podcast, I like his humor and am usually sick of music by the end of a gig

OK this sucks I discovered on the weekend there has been a programming change Steve Earle isn't on at 2AM anymore on Saturday nights he's on other times. I'll have to check out some of the ones you guys mentioned