Direct Music Service - Most music is just bad

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I agree... Are these performers (who use profanity) so stupid they don't realize their profanity-laced songs limit SALES??? Money they are losing??? The profanity lost its shock value YEARS ago, so what's the point? I was just watching "Epic Awesome Videos", and they're not.:laugh: One of the videos was Iggy Azalea's "No Bounce". They bleeped it, but it was clear she was repeatedly saying "mother f'er". The song (if you can call it that) had no redeeming value I could determine whatsoever. Certainly not "Epic Awesome".:laugh: Are the available tracks so bad, this is the one they choose to play? Won't be in my library.

What money do you think they're losing by 'limited sales'?

I think too many use profanity .. however, there are some songs that wouldn't be the same without it ... once you listen to CeeLo Greene's F**k You instead of the radio version Forget You .. you won't go back.

I think too many use profanity .. however, there are some songs that wouldn't be the same without it ... once you listen to CeeLo Greene's F**k You instead of the radio version Forget You .. you won't go back.

I prefer the radio playable version. :)

I'm fine with the Forget You version.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fine with the Forget You version.[emoji4]

Just not the same ... with the correct crowd.

Reactions: Jeff Romard

I have no idea what the percentages are, but I know I only buy clean tracks and I know I'm not the only person who does that. Whatever the percentages are, your potential market for explicit tracks is reduced by that amount. Why intentionally limit your market, when it's unlikely buyers who buy explicit tracks would only buy tracks if they have explicit language.

I really never want to hear or play a song about an immature broke-ass loser spewing childish epithets to an ex. With or without the f-bombs.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat and DJ TJ
I have no idea what the percentages are, but I know I only buy clean tracks and I know I'm not the only person who does that. Whatever the percentages are, your potential market for explicit tracks is reduced by that amount. Why intentionally limit your market, when it's unlikely buyers who buy explicit tracks would only buy tracks if they have explicit language.

When I'm auditioning new music, the first f-bomb and it's off my radar within 3 seconds. Delete, move on, next...

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I can't seem to quote messages for some reason

In response to Steve

Or this one

I don't see artists making hardly anything selling mp3s. The money is in concert tickets, merchandise and youtube hits and subscriptions. Kids like filthy Rap because they need to rebel against their parents, society etc.

Online and in stores, the labels are selling both versions (clean and explicit) of a given song. Which one do you think most people (to include kids) are buying? If people were not buying it, labels wouldn't record it.

The money for artists has never been in selling the albums or mp3's - that's the recording labels money. Their money has mostly been from concerts, merchandise, etc.

Correct, you buy clean stuff and I do too. As an example, places like WalMart (clean) and Best Buy (explicit) sell music - but they carry one version or the other and not both. I don't know of many people leaving Best Buy to buy the clean version at WalMart. Amazon and iTunes offer both versions. Which do you think is purchased more? The market reflects what is being purchased - otherwise it would change.

Great thread. I've always said that dancing is in our DNA, NOT dancing is the learned behavior. Right now, music is in a period that caters to the more basic, primitive soul of people - for whatever reason. The following is a video of a 600 person prom. There is almost no difference between their "dancing" and that of an indigenous tribe that has never had contact with the outside world. DJ did a great job.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU21Y8AkgQk

Excellent. That DJ was locked in with his crowd and seemed to be playing exactly what they wanted to hear. Must have been fun!

Reactions: ittigger
I've always said that dancing is in our DNA, NOT dancing is the learned behavior. There is almost no difference between their "dancing" and that of an indigenous tribe that has never had contact with the outside world.

Two great observations! I never thought to look at kids dancing as tribal jumping, but yeah...it really looks like that!

Awesome light show except it's too much on the slow song! Kids like to jump.

If you never let the breakdowns play, people get tired out. The big sing along breaks allow people to rest for a bit, and if they know the song they normally sing their hearts out.

Well damn, I had no idea , and you right, I cant go back.