Anybody here heard of a short wedding?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
I saw an ad where they are looking for a photographer to do what they call a short wedding. I think they need the photographer for 2 hours. Anybody here heard of a short wedding? That's the first time i've heard of such a thing.

I saw an ad where they are looking for a photographer to do what they call a short wedding. I think they need the photographer for 2 hours. Anybody here heard of a short wedding? That's the first time i've heard of such a thing.

We did one last year at a private residence. $500 for 2 hours. It was easy money and turned out looking terrific. As a DJ, I've done mid-day wedding that were 2 hours, then stacked a regular wedding in the evening. It'll make a man out of you.

Reactions: Ausumm and Andy A
We did one last year at a private residence. $500 for 2 hours. It was easy money and turned out looking terrific. As a DJ, I've done mid-day wedding that were 2 hours, then stacked a regular wedding in the evening. It'll make a man out of you.
Now I understand. I've heard of such a thing but never did one. What do you do for a bride for a 2 hour wedding?

There is a Wedding Factory type of venue on the Chesapeake Bay that will book all inclusive wedding ceremony/cocktails/reception in a 3.5 hour time frame. It's their smallest package. It's hard to work as a single DJ. Really need an assistant due to location being far away, and a tough load in/load out, and cocktail hour only being 30 minutes long. ...The 2 times I did 3.5 hr weddings there, they ended up running longer, and the bride/groom had to pay like $700 or $800 for an extra 30 minutes. I believe the venue charges over $1,100 for an extra 30 minutes now.

It's really not enough time to do a normal sized wedding in. I think the venue should only offer that short wedding package to small weddings under 60 guests. ...Now if the ceremony/reception was all in the same room, that would be a different story...at that point it can totally be done as long as the catering staff is quick and well staffed to handle it!

Everything in 2 hours? No, too short. Maybe a 2 hour reception, but why would someone want to have such a quick event for their wedding day?

There is a Wedding Factory type of venue on the Chesapeake Bay that will book all inclusive wedding ceremony/cocktails/reception in a 3.5 hour time frame. It's their smallest package. It's hard to work as a single DJ. Really need an assistant due to location being far away, and a tough load in/load out, and cocktail hour only being 30 minutes long. ...The 2 times I did 3.5 hr weddings there, they ended up running longer, and the bride/groom had to pay like $700 or $800 for an extra 30 minutes. I believe the venue charges over $1,100 for an extra 30 minutes now.

It's really not enough time to do a normal sized wedding in. I think the venue should only offer that short wedding package to small weddings under 60 guests. ...Now if the ceremony/reception was all in the same room, that would be a different story...at that point it can totally be done as long as the catering staff is quick and well staffed to handle it!

Everything in 2 hours? No, too short. Maybe a 2 hour reception, but why would someone want to have such a quick event for their wedding day?
It was 2 hours .. for a photographer. 30 min ceremony, some B&G/group shots and the money shots. The reception might have gone on well after.

Now I understand. I've heard of such a thing but never did one. What do you do for a bride for a 2 hour wedding?

No dancing. Played 1st dance, cake cutting and they socialized, then went home. I used a pair of EV ZXa1s with a mixer and laptop. In/out in 5 minutes.

You could do it if you did heavy hors d'oeuvres instead of a seated meal, which I've seen. But for a traditional format, it's too compressed.