School & Teen Events 2nd. Generation

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

redhotdj

Its 5 O'clock somewhere
Mar 21, 2008
Richfield Springs n.y.
Last night we did a Halloween middle school dance at Richfield Springs School. I took my evox system for two reasons 1 to see how it sounded in a big gym and 2 for the easy set up and take down. As for the sound not bad it doesn't have that big BOOM sound that my big system has but all in all it did a very nice job. As for the set up and take down oh so nice we were out of the school in 20 minutes where with my other system 50 minutes.
As the thread says 2nd. generation middle school dances are OK they don't dance much just run around and chase each other but anyways kids were coming up and asking for songs and this one girl came up and my wife smiled at her and said hi they spoke for a minute or two then left. My wife said to me do you know who that was I said not really she said that' s Joe's little girl. Now Joe is a good friend of my son. I know Joe and we did Joe's wedding years back and I played for him when he was in school. Makes ya think holly s*it I'm getting old. The dance was very good there was about 75 kids it was from 7 till 9 . They were happy had fun and we got home early that makes me happy happy happy
Here's a pic of the set up and yes for school dances I will be using my name on the front
100_2950.jpg

Time flies when you're having fun! What are the two larger center lighting effects on your stand? I've seen several of these on this forum.

Last night we did a Halloween middle school dance...
Very NICE!!! ... and yes, when you're doing a gig for your children's friend's children, you're OLD!!!
I haven't done any kid's dances... I had a kid's Halloween Party request for tonight, but I declined it because I had an adult party on the 30th, but primarily because it was for kids... Don't get me wrong... I LOVE kids, but something about me brings out the worst in them (LOL)... Somehow I make them turn WILD... then it's nearly impossible to get them back under control![emoji3]

just so the cabinets don't start walking
It's a good idea... I need to get some. All my events have been in carpeted rooms so far, so my subs have been on carpet. I've seen this topic debated elsewhere... does it make any difference if the subs are not in direct contact with a hard surface; in other words, does the rubber mat diminish the sound quality? I think the answer is NO, but carpet does have an impact on the room's acoustics. I believe in your case, the rubber mats made NO difference. I'd be interested in your opinion?[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dunlopj
It's a good idea... I need to get some. All my events have been in carpeted rooms so far, so my subs have been on carpet. I've seen this topic debated elsewhere... does it make any difference if the subs are not in direct contact with a hard surface; in other words, does the rubber mat diminish the sound quality? I think the answer is NO, but carpet does have an impact on the room's acoustics. I believe in your case, the rubber mats made NO difference. I'd be interested in your opinion?[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it is a good point I really don't know. I would think it has no effect

my subs have rubber feet...don't move at all.
Oooo... you mean like these???:laugh:
HA10.jpg

??? Seems like if you're tryin' to keep the subs from walking (like redhotdj), putting feet on them would not be the best choice??[emoji2]... Maybe cutting their feet off would work better???[emoji3]

Last edited:
Reactions: ittigger