New Mackie SRM Speakers

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

steve149

Shine on you crazy diamond
Staff member
Sep 26, 2011
Connecticut
LOUD ruined Mackie...

Time will tell if they can be resurrected.

Reactions: 1 person
Time will tell if they can be resurrected.

A local electronics/speaker repair shop told me they see more Mackies in for repair, yet have the hardest time getting parts and getting warranties fullfilled by Mackie. It's always a battle for them to get Mackie to cover stuff and provide parts in a timely manner. I'll pass...

Reactions: 2 people
Regardless of the past, these are good looking cabinets at nice price, I have had my Chinese Mackies for 8 years I did have a couple problems right originally, however they just shipped me new cabinet with a prepaid shipping sticker to send the old ones back, it was that easy other than that they have been rock solid, they are in back up duty now, but I have complete confidence in them

Reactions: MIXMASTERMACHOM
Wonder why they're the same price or even less than the 450s I bought nearly 14 years ago? With inflation in the USA this leads me to believe they're making them way cheaper now. Or is it because of the newer technology?

Wonder why they're the same price or even less than the 450s I bought nearly 14 years ago? With inflation in the USA this leads me to believe they're making them way cheaper now. Or is it because of the newer technology?
Junk at a bargain price is still Junk!

I had a set of the 450s as well. CNC routers have progressed a lot as have Class D plate amps. I think they are targeting the EV ELX and the similar CV systems and trying to come in under the QSC and Yamahas. Time will tell if they are players again or not.

I do hope they have changed HF drivers as my SRM450s sounded very tinny and shrill in the upper end.

- - - Updated - - -

Junk at a bargain price is still Junk!

And quality at a great price is a bargain. Time will tell.

Wood cab, lighter weight, and they look much nicer than the old grey 450s. Internal processing added might be good, or not.

Reactions: 1 person
Actually I am interested in the new Behringers... Who would think that Behringer would actually be asking for more money for a product than a comparable Mackie product..

These speakers are very well built. They sound awesome and the wood cabinet gives a warmer presence. I highly recommend. The new SRM line will bring Mackie back to a leader in the Powered PA realm. Others who own them whom i've talked to love the richness of the sound and a very solid build.

Not sure it will bring them back to leadership .. but will at least put them in the mix. I heard the sub last fall (not the tops .. they weren't plugged in). Sounded fine .. very similar to the EV ELX series. Not up with the QSC or JBL PRX-XLF level, but competent.