Wonder if she'll book?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.rickryan.com
A couple of days ago, I got an inquiry for a DJ date for 7/21/18. Yes, just a few weeks out and it just happens to be my birthday. I followed up a couple of times and couldn't get a response. The girl finally called me back yesterday and we had a nice, long chat. She's from Houston, getting married in Nashville and at the largest Catholic church in the area. In addition to the DJ stuff, I shared with her the gotchas for her photographer (who she admitted may not be up to the task). Very sweet young lady and she said I'd put her at ease and helped her get a vision for what she was trying to do. This morning I received an email from her.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me your time and providing me with important information I needed to know. I will go over the material and start filling things out. I’ll go over the payment and try to make deposit payment ASAP!

Can't say that I've ever had such a heartfelt thank you from a bride, just for making a sales pitch to her. Have you?

Actually Rick, what you did there and the time you dedicated to the client and the details you went over IS EXACTLY what justfies your price! You explained the real world benefits, you created a connection, and you took the time to make her feel comfortable with you. That is what one expects when booking a top tier service. This is why I spend so much time before booking and during the planning.

If you reach the point where your methods no longer move you to use a term like "gotcha" to describe the sales process, then yes - customers will actually start to appreciate you rather than simply pay you.

Zig Zigler's description of this is: "You can get everything you want in life if you are willing to help enough other people get what they want."

Selling is not trickery. It's not even necessary to be clever. It's just two people looking for something they can agree upon.

Only from the one (bride) I married.[emoji1]

Bobcat wins the internet today

Can't say that I've ever had such a heartfelt thank you from a bride, just for making a sales pitch to her. Have you?

I've had a few that were very thankful for my suggestions...
but they were all cancelled out by the brides who didn't want to hear them.