Wireless hdmi

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I've seen the Peerless AV set up in a home setting, but I don't know what (if any) delay exists. The application I saw it they were transmitting sound and video together so if there was a lag it never showed.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
For a karaoke monitor, you don't really need much resolution, as the embedded graphics are designed for composite video (low res). So ANY wireless will probably handle the signal. If you're doing videos .. different story.

I am in the stages of setting up a simple karaoke setup for a couple of midweek bar gigs I perform at, wireless hdmi would be one less cord to run

I have been thinking about trying a pair (transmitter and receiver) of HDMI over Powerline devices. You gotta plug your monitor in anyway, so why not use the power cable for audio/video. The thing is; the HDMI/Powerline devices are crazy expensive... $200 a pair and up. There's several that don't get good reviews too, so I was looking at this one...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077SLN9SH/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_5jH1AbM3SBA5K

I have been thinking about trying a pair (transmitter and receiver) of HDMI over Powerline devices. You gotta plug your monitor in anyway, so why not use the power cable for audio/video. The thing is; the HDMI/Powerline devices are crazy expensive... $200 a pair and up. There's several that don't get good reviews too, so I was looking at this one...
A home maybe, but I wouldn't trust powerline at an event, as most of these require you to be on the same leg of the mains and you can't guarantee that somewhere else.

Some issues with wireless too .. since it's sharing bandwidth with every other electronic device out there. There are some great multi-thousand dollar solutions .. everything else you're taking a chance .. and since HDMI requires considerably more bandwidth than music .. all bets are off.

Reactions: Ausumm
A home maybe, but I wouldn't trust powerline at an event, as most of these require you to be on the same leg of the mains and you can't guarantee that somewhere else

Agreed, but I home-run my power cords back to my rack, so I could run it from the rack to the monitor or speaker. Not sure what kind of latency you'd see/hear, which is why it needs to be tested. It's probably not worth the cost right now, but something to think about.[emoji4]

Long HDMI cables are EXPENSIVE too! Extension cords not so much.[emoji4]

I have thousands of karaoke cdgs I bought along the way dirt cheap just gotta tip them to a usable format
Be prepared more MANY days of agony. I still have a hundred or 2 to rip and I keep postponing the pain. The ripping is easy .. it's the fixing afterwards that takes a LOT of time.

Looking for a simple wireless hdmi set up for a karaoke monitor

It doesn't make sense to go wireless if you still have to run a power cord.

Karaoke also doesn't require anything even close to an HDMI signal, and a lot of CDG graphics are in the 4:3 aspect ratio. Use a modulator and send an ordinary coax cable to the TV using either an RF Chan.or Cv.

Coax is cheaper than HDMI cable, and with analog can be split passively to feed multiple monitors. RG6 coax can also carry SDI - so, you can also use it when you need to send digital video over long distances. HDMI requires repeaters and equalization after 30-50ft and setting up HDMI over long distances gets more technical than a DJ needs to be.

Last edited:
What kind of "fixing" is required?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you rip a standard CD, the ripping software pulls track info from one of the online databases (cddb, etc.) ... generally pretty clean.

Unfortunately, the online databases for karaoke tracks (freedb, etc) aren't so good ... wasn't needed for CDGs. SO ... you have to fix titles, and artists and swap the 2 at times. The better CDs (SoundChoice, Chartbusters, SunFly) have better info in the databases than others. Main reason I bought KJ File Manager ( KJ File Manager - Karaoke File Management Made Easy ) .. to fix spellings, names, order ...

It doesn't make sense to go wireless if you still have to run a power cord.

Karaoke also doesn't require anything even close to an HDMI signal, and a lot of CDG graphics are in the 4:3 aspect ratio. Use a modulator and send an ordinary coax cable to the TV using either composite or RF Chan. Coax is cheaper than HDMI cable, can be split passively to feed multiple monitors.

RG6 coax can also carry SDI - so, you can also use it to do digital video over long distances instead of HDMI which requires repeaters and equalization after 30-50ft.
From my laptop, I used a VGA splitter to go to a large monitor and to a singers monitor (coax would have been OK from the CDG player though). Lately, I have been forgoing the large monitor and using an iPad for the singer .. unless someone is paying for a bigger setup. With the iPad .. a slim 10' power/data cable and a mic stand mount work fine .. Duet app on the PC to control it.

From my laptop, I used a VGA splitter to go to a large monitor and to a singers monitor (coax would have been OK from the CDG player though). Lately, I have been forgoing the large monitor and using an iPad for the singer .. unless someone is paying for a bigger setup. With the iPad .. a slim 10' power/data cable and a mic stand mount work fine .. Duet app on the PC to control it.

Personally, I wouldn't use a ($300?) iPad to do what a cheap $69 monitor can, and it makes having a spare very affordable. Replacing broken iPads would suck. I use older dedicated XP laptops with an SVGA out for karaoke. The computers are a dime a dozen and it's all the processor you need to run CD+g files. RF modulator to RF Chan. 3 and I can split and connect to any TV installed anywhere. It comes in handy when you show up somewhere that already has TVs installed.

Personally, I wouldn't use a ($300?) iPad to do what a cheap $69 monitor can, and it makes having a spare very affordable. Replacing broken iPads would suck. I use older dedicated XP laptops with an SVGA out for karaoke. The computers are a dime a dozen and it's all the processor you need to run CD+g files. RF modulator to RF Chan. 3 and I can split and connect to any TV installed anywhere. It comes in handy when you show up somewhere that already has TVs installed.
1 small cable, a good case, and a 1 minute setup trumps the lower cost. If I thought I needed to go big, then I'd bring other gear.

if you are serious about wireless HDMI, go with teradek--simply the best, no delay, full resolution.

For a lot less money, and more than half the performance, the Aries from Amazon is decent.

I'm using something like this to connect our Roku to the internet router. It works well, but I can only get one transmitter-receiver to work at a time. The product manual says you can have multiple units but I couldn't get it to work. I think I'd be a lot more prone to looking for a wireless hdmi connection instead of hardwire.