Wireless DMX receiver/transmitters

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.rickryan.com
Okay, I pulled the trigger today on some new dmx transmitter/receivers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L25ZNP4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not sure about these, but the reviews seem good. I tried using my older chauvet d-fi units last night and they failed miserably. I ended up doing 2 colorstrips, 2 chauvet intimidator scan led 300s (60-watts) and 1 martin acrobat. All non-dmx.

I also order a new myDMX buddy and will be returning the chauvet showxpress 512. Planning to work with my fixtures a bit more this week in prep for next week's high school homecoming dance. I'm still not ready (financially) to pull the trigger on some movers but I'm thinking I may wait until the Intimidator 755s start shipping. These receivers also claim to be short enough to work on my Chauvet slimpar 56 cans, so I'm going to try and start getting into full dmx on my uplighting setups. Will upgrade to stronger fixtures in the hopefully near future. If anybody has any lowdown on the donner units, would appreciate anything info you want to share.

I have been using these Donner units for 2 years and have had no problems. By the way those you have pictured are not battery powered, you will need to plug in each one.

Reactions: sonic-vision
That version does.

Yes, I have both versions. The battery or rechargeable versions last over 8 hrs.

For this first batch, I'm wanting wall warts. Let me ask though, will the battery and non-battery units communicate with the same transmitter or does it takes a separate transmitter for each segment? If these work like I'm thinking, I'll probably add 2 more batches and setup everything DMX as wireless.

Reactions: scgstuff
For this first batch, I'm wanting wall warts. Let me ask though, will the battery and non-battery units communicate with the same transmitter or does it takes a separate transmitter for each segment? If these work like I'm thinking, I'll probably add 2 more batches and setup everything DMX as wireless.
I was wondering if you could batch the systems also.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was wondering if you could batch the systems also.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In an ideal world, I'd like to be able to buy 4 or 5 of these setups, some battery some not, and be able to drive them all from a single transmitter. With a fully integrated DMX show at hand, I'd start to feel more like Taso or something..........................well, you know except for the talent and polish and looks and stuff.

Same transmitter. Just make sure they are set to the same color group. The instructions are included. Very easy to do.

I've had some frequency issues with the transmitters of the Amazon/eBay add-on DMX products with my already internal wireless DMX featured uplights. The wireless DMX transmitters purchased for use with the uplights do work flawlessly with the new receivers and the older units.

I use the wireless battery ones and they work great! The transmitter has to be plugged in though. My movers have AC outlets on the back so if I forget to charge the, I can just plug in the adapter; no biggie. I actually did that yesterday. The Slimpars also have an outlet on the back so you can do the same. Sometimes, it is more of a pain pulling them out just to charge the little buggers! One transmitter will work with as many receivers as you can afford, just make sure the LED's freq indicators are all set to the same color. Oh and don't get the black ones like I did because they come with a black cap which makes it difficult to see that little LED.

i have the battery ones but usually run them off their wall warts.

Never had an issue till saturday's wedding..couldn't get reliable reception..not sure if it was the distance, angle of the device/light (not direct line of sight..didn't try a cord to get it 'free' of the blockage)..once i moved it close it was flawless.

I did have them lose their connection for a moment - have to restart the software as a fix - not a big deal. Again, may have been a distance thing?

Anyone know what distance they are good for from the transmitter?

i have the battery ones but usually run them off their wall warts.

Never had an issue till saturday's wedding..couldn't get reliable reception..not sure if it was the distance, angle of the device/light (not direct line of sight..didn't try a cord to get it 'free' of the blockage)..once i moved it close it was flawless.

I did have them lose their connection for a moment - have to restart the software as a fix - not a big deal. Again, may have been a distance thing?

Anyone know what distance they are good for from the transmitter?

Losing connection can be a hard drive spinning down. myDMX will lose connection when the hard drive does that. The fix for me was Softjock's always spinning app.

In case anyone needs Rick's MDIS utility, it's here: SoftJock Audio Software - Download Center

In case anybody doesn't know, the same thing can be accomplished with a .bat file. All that has to happen is a file needs to be written to periodically, to keep the hard drive from gong to sleep. A simple loop program would work, but I like Softjock's program much better. I'm glad to see it's still available.