wired mics

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
My favorite all around mic is the Sennheiser 835. Not as punchy as the Shure 58, but solid all-around. I own 7 of them.

Reactions: cscdj and prodjay
I have the Sennheiser e845. It’s the primary wired mic I use with my Large System, which means It’s the DJ’s microphone. I have wireless mics for clients. I do carry a second wired mic, though (of course... OCD[emoji1]), just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
SM 58. With a foam ball. Sometimes you can find them for 89 bucks. Every professional singer has sung through a sm58 it is the most used mic in the world. This comes from 35 years of sound guy experience. Senheiser is a good brand also the 835 is a great buy for a good peice..... test both can’t go wrong with either.

Last edited:
Reactions: prodjay
Thanks to everyone:humble:, I already have 2 835's so I will just try and get 2 more on black friday.

Looking at Guitar Center’s Black Friday flyer, and it seems the only special deals are on the Sennheiser XS 1, and the Shure SM48. I can’t really say there’s even one item in the flyer I want.

I wouldn’t mind picking up a Sennheiser e835, e845, or a Shure SM58 if there was a good Black Friday deal somewhere. If anybody sees one, please post it. Thanks.[emoji4]

Reactions: prodjay
I have 4 or 5 of the 835s and 845s both models are great of you wand a little more mic and are able to spend a little more the 865s are a step up again . The 945 has a bit better feedback rejection but that`s not usually a big issue with any of them. The 835 is actually better for inexperienced users it has a wider pattern

The 58`s are good too you can`t really go wrong with them

Reactions: steve149
i carry three 58's with me... if one ever dies... i will have a couple backups... but it wont die for many years... as said above.... its an industry standard and a workhorse..

cc

Reactions: steve149
They all work great until some jackass does a mic drop with it.
Then the SM58 is better .. the wider windscreen/grille will protect the capsule better and they're only $8 to replace.