Who do you use to get music to play?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
I used to use Promo Only. I stopped using them. I don't like that they only go back up to 2 years or so . I may want to use a subscription service just to keep up with the most current music coming out .

I don't think there have been numerous record pools that have popped up or gone away since the last time this was asked. Record pools are not something that's done quickly.

Reactions: sonic-vision
Xtendamix.

X2 but Mix be warned it's in Video form it needs to be converted if you want to play audio

Cap I didn't realize they were in the States now they were talking about it last I heard. How do you like it?

Reactions: ittigger
X2 but Mix be warned it's in Video form it needs to be converted if you want to play audio

Cap I didn't realize they were in the States now they were talking about it last I heard. How do you like it?
Actually with serato it wouldn’t need to be converted. It can play video files just fine as audio only

Reactions: sonic-vision
I've mentioned it many a time ... idjpool.com .. a good pool with a decent back catalog. Discounts for Radio DJs and Veterans (including active military/Fire/Police). Also lighter pools for Country mainly and Urban mainly DJs. They have Holiday music which they add to each year and have Christian, Gospel, Latin and Jazz in addition to Urban/Dance/Country/Rock-AC-Pop.

Clean Edits, Radio Edits, DJ Edits (Transitions, Intros-Outros), Club Mixes

Join | iDJPool – MP3 Record Pool – MP3 DJ Pool – MP3 Music Pool – MP3 Pool – For DJs Only – DJ Music Subscription Service – Clean Music For DJs – Radio Edit Versions – Wedding Music For DJs – Music For Mobile DJs – DJ Pool – Promotional Music – DJ Promos

^^^^ Same here.[emoji4]... Not REAL crazy about it, but it is what I use. Got the Veteran's discount, because I do be one.[emoji1]
What don't you like about it?

Actually with serato it wouldn’t need to be converted. It can play video files just fine as audio only

I believe he uses VDJ which can play them but plays them as video and if he doesn't have the machine to handle them it's going to get interesting about a half hour in

I believe he uses VDJ which can play them but plays them as video and if he doesn't have the machine to handle them it's going to get interesting about a half hour in
Oh I have NO IDEA what mix uses or does lol... but yeah that would def be interesting!

Been with Promo Only for a good many years and still happy with their service.

I was getting a bunch from PO - and found some explicit stuff not marked appropriately. I sent them messages with no response and dropped them shortly after. I am in no way saying they're bad - and I think they have a decent product - but I was also with RPM at the time, and decided I didn't need both. I have been very happy with RPM - everything is radio playable. Like everything else, some of the content is questionable - and they alert you to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: MIXMASTERMACHOM
Can best sum it up by saying; it has what you NEED, but not necessarily what you want.[emoji4]
I find it has most of what I need of the Top 100ish material. I would like a little better tagging, maybe a bit more Caribbean Latin and I would love for them to return to having the AT40 and Hot 100 already broken out .. but hey .. it's there.

My biggest request would be a version of the FTP product they use that would allow me to select/de-select the versions I want .. so I can grab just the clean/radio edit versions and nothing else if I chose. There may be a way in the FlashFXP product to do that with a filter file or such (other FTP products had that) .. need to spend some time with it.

I haven't played with any tags yet - but if they are as they appear in FXP, then I have a bit of work to do to get it the way I want it. While I do like some of the remix's, 10-15 remix's of a given song is a bit much (imo and imo only). I do realize that between just 15 of us here, we may all like a different version. I will be moving anything explicit out of the live library - but as suggested in previous posts, if some want it, it's there.

I'm fairly certain I have/had most of the Top40/Top100 covered with RPM, so in some ways, this will be a good addition.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
I use 3 libraries. I suck EVERYTHING to an 8Tb external drive I have. Then I pull from there the clean stuff to make my master library (that one is cloned on the NAS). Then I pull from that for my working library. As my laptop drives get larger, the working library and the master get closer .. one day they will be the same, though in addition to music, I have a decent sized karaoke library and a small video library .. so maybe not.