Which do you find harder?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
What was it Mr. Wallace said about pride? It seems many DJs have pride in knowing the right songs to play. I don't care who comes up with the right songs to play myself, as long as the dance floor is filled.

Maybe I want to be the one, but every crowd is different. This week's B&G's friends didn't necessarily listen to the same songs as last weeks B&G's friends - when they were in college or high school.

But yes, for the most part we should have a good idea of songs that work 90% of the time.

Reactions: ittigger
I think the original "building" can be the hardest.

Well, this is why you have a microphone. :) ...to avoid being tagged as one more slow burning wedding DJ.

It matters what the expectation is and what your entertainment capabilities are. A lot of events I do have an opening dance set - that's a full on dance floor from the moment the doors open from cocktail hour to the main room. That doesn't happen simply because you picked hit songs - it has to be lead by someone. Even if the cocktail hour is in the same room there is a key transition point where the party "begins" and again - this doesn't happen simply because you turned up the volume.[/QUOTE]

Well, this is why you have a microphone. :) ...to avoid being tagged as one more slow burning wedding DJ.

It matters what the expectation is and what your entertainment capabilities are. A lot of events I do have an opening dance set - that's a full on dance floor from the moment the doors open from cocktail hour to the main room. That doesn't happen simply because you picked hit songs - it has to be lead by someone. Even if the cocktail hour is in the same room there is a key transition point where the party "begins" and again - this doesn't happen simply because you turned up the volume.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Bob.
After 30+ years in he business....I never knew that.
:sick: