When it rains it pours.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
I got a ticket on Wednesday for parking because of the snow. The other thing is the port on my cellphone is messed up. So it's hard keeping the cord in to charge the phone. So eventually will have to get a new phone.

The last thing is the Numark Mix Deck Express is in the shop and the tech said he replaced the motherboard and it still isn't working. I got a job to do next Saturday so I need a controller. The cheap one I bought for an emergency is crap. I only paid $150 brand new. So I wasn't expecting too much from it.

I told the tech I would give him till Monday. He said he was using a Mac and decided to try a PC to see if that would work. I have a used Pioneer DDJ S at GC I put money down on just in case if the Numark can't be fixed. So not a fun time right now. Anybody got an ideal as to what the issue is with the Numark?

Oh yes before someone ask the price for the Pioneer controller is $319.99 plus tax. Have at it. Please be kind because it wasn't easy to make this thread.

I mean the only thing I can say is when you buy cheap and rely on cheap... bad things happen. But yeah as shawn said... how can we help when we don't even know the problem lol. As far as the controller goes... if im not mistaken, all the controllers in that price range only have rca outputs... would that even work for what you're doing?

Reactions: ittigger
I will have to ask since all I've been told is it's not working.
What shop is this? All reputable shops from my experience would charge more to fix this than the item is even worth. The shop that I go to for stuff had a $50 inspection fee to determine the issue... and then a $75/hr labor fee plus parts. I mean the controller barely costs $400... and used now even less... why even bother fixing it when you can get a new one for just a little more.

Reactions: Andy A and ittigger
What shop is this? All reputable shops from my experience would charge more to fix this than the item is even worth. The shop that I go to for stuff had a $50 inspection fee to determine the issue... and then a $75/hr labor fee plus parts. I mean the controller barely costs $400... and used now even less... why even bother fixing it when you can get a new one for just a little more.

I agree. It's not even worth trying to fix. Personally, I wouldn't buy Numark again based on past experience. Long ago I had a Numark mixer where half the EQ stopped working and an mp3 dual CD player that stopped working on one side that was barely used. Their Demension amps were OK. Maybe their quality will get better in the future with all the recent inMusic acquisitions. I will buy Numark again when Steve uses Altos as his main PA :)

I agree. It's not even worth trying to fix. Personally, I wouldn't buy Numark again based on past experience. Long ago I had a Numark mixer where half the EQ stopped working and an mp3 dual CD player that stopped working on one side that was barely used. Their Demension amps were OK. Maybe their quality will get better in the future with all the recent inMusic acquisitions. I will buy Numark again when Steve uses Altos as his main PA :)
Just say no ... to Alto ... :)

Reactions: ittigger and djtaso
SIN O Rama Sound in Totowa, NJ.

It's a reputable place, and I'm honestly surprised they're not even telling you to repair it isn't worth the price. Even if the repair is only $100... you're still going home at the end of the night with a used piece of equipment that at any moment could fail again... $200 more gets you a brand new controller, which is essentially the most or second most important individual piece of your system.

It's a reputable place, and I'm honestly surprised they're not even telling you to repair it isn't worth the price. Even if the repair is only $100... you're still going home at the end of the night with a used piece of equipment that at any moment could fail again... $200 more gets you a brand new controller, which is essentially the most or second most important individual piece of your system.
What would you recommend for $300?

What would you recommend for $300?
I mean, assuming you're using the serato platform a pioneer ddj-sb would be best in terms of qualities and features for the price... and it's only $249 at gc. Might need some adapters as rca is the only output. Or for a llittle more a used sr or sx might be a great option.

If you're REALLY stuck on the Numark MixDeck Express, there are at least two on eBay right now that would cost LESS than $300 including shipping. One is missing the power cord, but not a big deal, since it uses a standard IEC power cord that any computer geek (like me) would have dozens of.[emoji1] The two I'm referring to are in good WORKING condition.

I'm a little surprised at the price of a pre-owned MixDeck, though. Seems most are priced around $400 (plus shipping); new ones for $499. There's a bunch of better controllers that don't cost as much.

I'm planning to sell my Pioneer DDJ -T1 and American Audio VMS 4.1 for about $250 each (plus shipping) including road cases with laptop stands. Either would be better than the Numark IMO.[emoji4]

Reactions: ittigger
I mean, assuming you're using the serato platform a pioneer ddj-sb would be best in terms of qualities and features for the price... and it's only $249 at gc. Might need some adapters as rca is the only output. Or for a llittle more a used sr or sx might be a great option.
I think the one you're talking about is the one I had for backup. It's the cheapest one they make. Not crazy about that one at all.

Come on guys remember Mix isn’t exactly known for his decision making skills
The Numark was my partners. He had the case to go with it. So if I got it fixed I could have it. He would just keep the one I just bought. That's why I considered it. Let's see what happens.