When is there an event that a potential client contacts you to that will have you say no to doing

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Doing the same things over and over again and expecting different resolute = insanity and gives me my daily chuckle!

I think you are singling out those DJs that use Alto ... I would never do that ... :)
Don't put down Alto. The stuff they first made was garbage. Since then they have greatly improved! They still make that entry level trash. That's something a beginner would buy and we know you're not a beginner.

Don't put down Alto. The stuff they first made was garbage. Since then they have greatly improved! They still make that entry level trash. That's something a beginner would buy and we know you're not a beginner.
It was a joke ...

It was a joke ...

Seems nobody gets them anymore.[emoji1] ... This was one too...

The second paragraph of the United States Declaration of Independence starts as follows: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal"...

Are you saying DJ's are excluded?[emoji1]

... fell flat![emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mix was joking too
No I wasn't. I was serious. You would be surprised how some companies over time vastly figure out that what they are making to sell isn't very good and want to improve tremendously on the stuff they are making. Then there are those that will stay at the bottom of the barrel.

Those who don't know better will buy the bottom of the barrel stuff. Normally because of the cheap price. Usually that's a beginner just getting their feet wet and don't know or understand that by spending more it will sound better and improve the quality of your show.

You can have people compliment you on the job you did. Sometimes when they do it is because of the quality gear you're using. I don't always do a stellar job even though they think I did. I had a bartender tell me I always do a great job. Not always. Sometimes I do a better job then at other times.

No I wasn't. I was serious. You would be surprised how some companies over time vastly figure out that what they are making to sell isn't very good and want to improve tremendously on the stuff they are making. Then there are those that will stay at the bottom of the barrel.

Those who don't know better will buy the bottom of the barrel stuff. Normally because of the cheap price. Usually that's a beginner just getting their feet wet and don't know or understand that by spending more it will sound better and improve the quality of your show.

You can have people compliment you on the job you did. Sometimes when they do it is because of the quality gear you're using. I don't always do a stellar job even though they think I did. I had a bartender tell me I always do a great job. Not always. Sometimes I do a better job then at other times.
just curious... since you charge bottom of the barrel pricing, what does that say about your service and your clientele? We keep telling you of ways to improve... yet you keep staying the same. My guy that's been djing for less than 2 years charges more than you do for private events (he books them seperately from my brand for those curious).

Mix has been told to clean up his wires multiple times on this board (for years). And of course there are many threads on how to do that. He doesn't seem to think it's important.

Reactions: ittigger
Mix has been told to clean up his wires multiple times on this board (for years). And of course there are many threads on how to do that. He doesn't seem to think it's important.

Why is this a problem?
Who is this a problem for, exactly?

Reactions: Hank Davidson

Mix when I started this business I went to Albany NY and spent $2500.00 on two of my JBL's ( which I still have today ) I could of got much cheaper speakers but I looked at it as go big or go home. Do it right the first time

just curious... since you charge bottom of the barrel pricing, what does that say about your service and your clientele? We keep telling you of ways to improve... yet you keep staying the same.

What are YOU trying to say about his service and clientele?

Look guys, Just as you are the right fit for your clients, so is he. Some people can afford a lot of glitz and glam and some can't. That doesn't mean that either's "good time" is any better than the other. This guy is not in it for the money or prestige. He simply loves playing music for his community and wants them to have fun. There's more to a party than cable ties and linen.

Adrian has done nothing but try to fit in here. He may be known to embellish his stories and skill set from time to time and withhold information, but it likely stems from the fear of being ridiculed and judged by the people that he considers to be his peers and admires. Maybe he doesn't want us all to try and "fix" him. Maybe he just wants a little acceptance and understanding?

Brands, brands, brands!!![emoji1] Never been one to buy based on brand. Function; that's the key for me. I too bought JBL's as my first speaker purchase... still have 'em; never use 'em. I have set aside the money to buy a pair of RCF EVOX 8's, but haven't pulled the trigger because my Alto's sound really good; much better than the JBL's. I'll spend more if it makes a significant enough difference to me and my clients, but if it doesn't, having "the right" brand label is meaningless to me.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ittigger
What are YOU trying to say about his service and clientele?

Look guys, Just as you are the right fit for your clients, so is he. Some people can afford a lot of glitz and glam and some can't. That doesn't mean that either's "good time" is any better than the other. This guy is not in it for the money or prestige. He simply loves playing music for his community and wants them to have fun. There's more to a party than cable ties and linen.

Adrian has done nothing but try to fit in here. He may be known to embellish his stories and skill set from time to time and withhold information, but it likely stems from the fear of being ridiculed and judged by the people that he considers to be his peers and admires. Maybe he doesn't want us all to try and "fix" him. Maybe he just wants a little acceptance and understanding?
I think there is a difference between those that identify and serve the appropriate clients and are good with that (I'm in that category) .. and those that identify a much, subjectively, better client, and regale all the things they will do to get such client, and yet don't actually follow through. And I think when that happens on a monthly weekly daily basis, it becomes the fodder it has.

Hank you are right If Mix is happy in what he does and how he does it then good to go. He does have a different clients that most of us dont have but I think most of us are trying to give him some helpful info to better himself

Last edited: