What to play after OTR&R?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I would just stop playing OTR&R. Seriously, there's been a whole surge in music production since 1978. Check it out. :)

A guest may have requested that.
I would just stop playing OTR&R. Seriously, there's been a whole surge in music production since 1978. Check it out. :)

Just as I said in my first response.

Unless requested, I don't even play it any more as part of a standard rotation and haven't for a number of years now.
I consider it a typical song that every other boring cookie cutter dj is pretty much guaranteed to play because they don't want to step out of their comfort zone. No offense to Maestro or anybody else that still plays it on a regular basis but I don't think anyone would disagree that there are a shit ton of guaranteed classic floor fillers to choose from so I have now relegated it to request only and depending on the situation, I might even wait until I receive multiple requests for it before giving in and playing it.

What I have done a couple of times over the last few years depending on the crowd is played "night moves" first and if that goes over well, then I "double shot" them with otrr to bring the energy level back up as a segue into the start of a classic rock and roll set rotation.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ Bobcat