What to add next?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Djcarolina

New DJ
Nov 5, 2006
Hey guys i just got in a new light and MAN does it kick out an effect. For those who didnt read the other article I wrote, its a Martin Acrobat. Now my question is, what should I consider adding next. Not that i feel the immediate urge to go out and buy something, in fact its the opposite. I wanna set a goal for my show. Below is a list of the lighting currently in my company (i'd say show but not all of it goes out on every gig)

-4 American DJ DJScan250HP
-4 American DJ Big Shot Strobes
-4 American DJ BU-200 Bubble Machines
-2 American DJ Foggers (idk the model they never go out, theyre small)
-2 Chauvet Colorstrip LED Washes
-2 Chauvet Colorsplash Jr. LED Pars
-1 Chauvet VUE3 LED Moonflower
-4 Elation UV Washes
-1 Martin Acrobat
-1 MBT Enticer (Mushroom OOOLD)
-4 Lite Quest Moonflowers (2 white, slow rotate and 2 color sound active)
-1 American DJ Par 38 Kit W/ 4 Cans and T16F Foot Controller
-4 American DJ Par 56 Cans W/Gels
-2 10' Truss Systems/1: 20' system

I'm working on a DMX controller so for the time being we'll assume its already in the show. I'm just deciding on between an Elation and Chauvet unit, no real interest in software as A. its expensive to get going right now and B. i need to get a more updated computer to run DMX USB and feel comfortable.

So the question remains, what light next. And i'm not big on the mystic led or the quadgem DMX, nothing wrong with them, but one light shooting little LED dots is enough for me.

Your input is graciously recieved!

A power distro ;)

A power distro ;)

Thats actually not a bad idea. The problem i see with it though is that distros are fairly expensive. I've read of properly built ones being in excess of $1,000 and I don't think I'd get to use it enough. None of the venues i've played recently have had direct access to a 220 connection. The high school only has one in its kitchen (far away from the front lawn where I DJ, the gym and the football stadium) and the convention center charges $200 to connect to theirs. My contract would hold the client responsible but I don't think thats good business. For that price at prom, the city ran a line direct from the transformer.

Anyone got any additional info on these? PM me...interested

There is lots of Info on Distro's Here... Very impressive light show... Although I do agree... Youve spend that much already, for for 2 moving heads... Would make an awsome light show...
Love to see the setup with DMX... If your interested I will let you know how mine goes with freestyler and the dmx controller...