What is going to be your next purchase or thing you want real bad?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
How much did you pay for ti and how old is it? You said you are trying to sell it on Craigslist. What did you expect?

Macho-man, stay in your lane. You have no clue. I have sold 1,000's of dollars of equipment on craigslist. The s9 is used maybe 10-15 times, lives it's life in a flight case, and is priced fair at $1200 with the case included. Maybe if it looked like your yamaha dsr115's I would have to budge on my price, but I'm not pressed for the money. If I don't sell it, I just have another dope ass mixer to use.

Last edited:
Are you spinning actual vinyl, or are you noticing an audible difference on Serato sound?

Vinyl and Serato. The 62 just has a warmer, cleaner sound. The s9 does not sound bad, just not as good as the 62. Feature wise and faders blow the 62 away. I've a/b'd the mixer amongst several other dj's and they all feel the same way about the sound. Also tried other 62's and s9's to make sure.

Last edited:
I have purchased equipment from CL before and never had an issue. If the seller knows what they want for it and I know what I think the value is and those number match, deal made. If not, I move on and keep watching and seller waits for a buyer. I have seen some sellers try to get a percentage of what they put in not taking into account that the item has been out for a while and is used. Someone was trying to sell a light for about 40% less then what they bought it for but was marked down 50% on most sites because newer models had been released. Why would I pay more for something I can get new?

But, $1200 in a flight case sounds like more then a fair deal since the mixer itself is $1400 and up new and a case can tack on $100+ dollars depending on type. So, assuming the person is getting $1500-1600 value for $1200, value seems to be there to me.

Man the s9 is a very sweet mixer. The features are great. I just wish that it sounded better. Not as warm of a sound as my rane 62.
I'm always leery of opinions like this. I agree it may sound different - and may be preferred for your ears and speakers - but better?

Without verifiable, repeatable, objective results, it is just a preference. I see this a lot over at Serato - broad sweeping statements about Rane mixers, because they seem to have a certain mystique to them, but when challenged it ends up being something else that is causing the sound difference.

Simple example #1 - Someone comes over your house and listens to your bedroom DJ rig, thinks his sounds better, so he gets his Rane mixer and swaps it into your system. Guess what, it does sound better, but not because it's a Rane, it's because yours has been hooked up for a few years and the simple act of unplugging and plugging back in all the RCA connectors cleaned oxidation off of them!

Simple example #2 - Are you sure that when your mixer/controller EQ knobs are centered, that they are really electrically flat, no boost or cut?

Simple example #3 - vinyl implies RIAA curves in the preamp of your mixer. You want accurate or do you want good?

I'm always leery of opinions like this. I agree it may sound different - and may be preferred for your ears and speakers - but better?

Without verifiable, repeatable, objective results, it is just a preference. I see this a lot over at Serato - broad sweeping statements about Rane mixers, because they seem to have a certain mystique to them, but when challenged it ends up being something else that is causing the sound difference.

Simple example #1 - Someone comes over your house and listens to your bedroom DJ rig, thinks his sounds better, so he gets his Rane mixer and swaps it into your system. Guess what, it does sound better, but not because it's a Rane, it's because yours has been hooked up for a few years and the simple act of unplugging and plugging back in all the RCA connectors cleaned oxidation off of them!

Simple example #2 - Are you sure that when your mixer/controller EQ knobs are centered, that they are really electrically flat, no boost or cut?

Simple example #3 - vinyl implies RIAA curves in the preamp of your mixer. You want accurate or do you want good?
At least everyone knows that EVERY tube amp sounds better than a transistor one ...

Your correct. Sound is subjective. For my situation, and to my ears the 62 sounds better. Not saying the s9 is bad. It's a hell of a mixer. Changed what i typed earlier to reflect that it's my opinion.

Reactions: ittigger