What is going to be your next purchase or thing you want real bad?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Probably a new van, but not until 2019 or 2020. This year we put a pool in the backyard, installed solar panels on the roof and had our deck re-done.

I joke about this with my wife, but it's true: We're fortunate, and we have Michael Jackson to thank for all of this.

Last edited:
I feel your pain, Bren. We had our concrete pool deck (which had buckled, split, etc due to major frost heaving) raised and leveled, then ground smooth, sealed, then had the entire concrete pool deck resurfaced;
also replaced the pool liner and all the inlets/outlets;
also spread rubber mulch this year (200 bags @ $9/per);
also sold my Goldwing and purchased a Can-Am Spyder RT Limited;
and now have a $10K proposal staring at us for a total 900 sq ft elevated deck replacement.

The only purchase I must do is to replace (for the second time due to the FCC whoring UHF channels) all my wireless gear. $11k perfectly operational relevant gear which totally pisses me off. Totally.

The only purchase I must do is to replace (for the second time due to the FCC whoring UHF channels) all my wireless gear. $11k perfectly operational relevant gear which totally pisses me off. Totally.

When I replaced my 700Mhz wireless gear, I went for the low end of the spectrum. Fortunately, all of my mics are in the 500Mhz range. I'll be waiting until the last possible moment to replace microphones, as I'm sure the rules, technology and available frequencies will all be changing along the way.

I'm putting my wife & me, all my children, their spouses, and my Grandchildren on an MSC cruise, right after Thanksgiving this year. Eastern Caribbean for a week. 9 adults, 3 kids - I'm paying for everything except the booze, so the Denon MC7000 will have to wait till next year (or maybe not!).
Cap, good luck with your new Can-Am. Great machine!

I'm already in love with this thing... I've never felt faders that were this light and quick while still feeling well made. Wow...

IMG_3527.JPG

Last edited:
Ross, like your new mixer! I am sure you compared, but was the reason for going with Pioneer over the Rane?

Reactions: PhaseIIPro
Ross, like your new mixer! I am sure you compared, but was the reason for going with Pioneer over the Rane?

The main thing I like is a lot of consistency from my SZ2 to the S9. I didn't want a situation where I work on something new, get it right at home, and then can't recreate it at a gig because the controller doesn't work in the same way. Being able to jump between set ups easily was a big factor for me.

Beyond that, I try to look at what I'm most likely to encounter at a new venue. For a long time the Rane TTM 57 was EVERYWHERE, but I just don't find the Rane mixers around any more. Most places are on a Pioneer set up of some kind (most commonly the 900).

I want a pair of Yamaha C215 speakers real bad. When I get the money I will own a pair. My next purchase should be the Sworm light. I seen one in action on Sunday at Club 875. If the room was darker it would have looked better.

What are you planning to do with 100 lb speakers?

I want a pair of Yamaha C215 speakers real bad. When I get the money I will own a pair. My next purchase should be the Sworm light. I seen one in action on Sunday at Club 875. If the room was darker it would have looked better.
How many times have you been told double 15's are a horrible choice for mobile dj work plus they are just another piece of gear you can't move by yourself . For the $1400 you'd have invested in these you could make a lot better choices

How many times have you been told double 15's are a horrible choice for mobile dj work plus they are just another piece of gear you can't move by yourself . For the $1400 you'd have invested in these you could make a lot better choices

Shows how much you know. Double 15's are the BEST choice for any event to go 'through the roof'. ;)

I just bought myself a Pioneer DJM-S9 mixer which will be here tomorrow. I'm selling my 57SL which I won't need anymore.

Still mulling over whether I'm going to swap out my speakers this year, and what I'll go to.

Man the s9 is a very sweet mixer. The features are great. I just wish that it sounded better. My opinion and To my ears it is not as warm of a sound as my rane 62. Put the s9 on my local craigslist for sale over a month ago. Lots of tire kickers that want me to sell it for $900-$1000. Not going to happen.

Last edited:
Man the s9 is a very sweet mixer. The features are great. I just wish that it sounded better. Not as warm of a sound as my rane 62. Put the s9 on my local craigslist for sale over a month ago. Lots of tire kickers that want me to sell it for $900-$1000. Not going to happen.

Are you spinning actual vinyl, or are you noticing an audible difference on Serato sound?

Man the s9 is a very sweet mixer. The features are great. I just wish that it sounded better. Not as warm of a sound as my rane 62. Put the s9 on my local craigslist for sale over a month ago. Lots of tire kickers that want me to sell it for $900-$1000. Not going to happen.
How much did you pay for ti and how old is it? You said you are trying to sell it on Craigslist. What did you expect?

How much did you pay for ti and how old is it? You said you are trying to sell it on Craigslist. What did you expect?

The S9 retails for almost $1,700, and I got mine for about $1,400. Used units are moving on eBay for 1200+ so as long as his isn't banged up - that should be possible.

I've done plenty of legitimate business on craigslist selling gear as needed. It's not only a land of bottom feeders.