What do you think about this?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
They appear to be made for "looks" only....
and they don't seem to be durable enough to be road-worthy.

Regardless of the weight factor, I don't think I would trust anything wider than a 36" inch tv on one of those glow totems stability wise as they only come with a 24x24" baseplate. Anything larger would be too top heavy without a 36x36 baseplate imo.

Rick, you are trying to find solutions that don't require extra space but the durability and liability factor if one of those units in your op topples over doesn't make it worth taking a chance. Lawyers would have a field day when they found out you used them for something other than their intended purpose even if you tried to Macgyver some additional bracing.

You could add roof racks to the van but then you would also need a small step ladder you would need to keep inside the van for load/unload which you already don't have space inside for. Time to add a trailer to your van if you can't squeeze in regular truss or glow totems.

Last edited:
Wait a second....Taso offers DJ, Photo Booth, 40 up lights, and 2 to 4 totems, and he uses a van. ...Unless he has one of his staff haul stuff in a additional vehicle?

The Glow Totems come with a fairly compact looking case they go into. I was just looking at the Glow Totem 1.5s ....4.92 feet long. A pair of those cases could fit in my Traverse with all my other equipment I bet if I fold my second seat down ...The 2.0 versions are probably too long for my vehicle though...the 2.5s, forget about it. ...Of Course I do not offer Photo booth, and I bring up lights out less than 20% of the time.

The other issue is the extra tear down time factor at the end of the night. Most venues want the DJ out in under an hour in my market. I would need a dedicated assistant to really strike a pair of totems in/out successfully along with my standard set up. However, these Glow Totems seem to set up and break down quicker than regular totems by watching videos.

Wait a second....Taso offers DJ, Photo Booth, 40 up lights, and 2 to 4 totems, and he uses a van. ...Unless he has one of his staff haul stuff in a additional vehicle?

The Glow Totems come with a fairly compact looking case they go into. I was just looking at the Glow Totem 1.5s ....4.92 feet long. A pair of those cases could fit in my Traverse with all my other equipment I bet if I fold my second seat down ...The 2.0 versions are probably too long for my vehicle though...the 2.5s, forget about it. ...Of Course I do not offer Photo booth, and I bring up lights out less than 20% of the time.

The other issue is the extra tear down time factor at the end of the night. Most venues want the DJ out in under an hour in my market. I would need a dedicated assistant to really strike a pair of totems in/out successfully along with my standard set up. However, these Glow Totems seem to set up and break down quicker than regular totems by watching videos.
Lol its actually up to 6 totems, 6 moving head cases, photobooth, 2x 65" tv's, 40 uplights, 4 speaker tops, 2 subwoofers, and room for a bunch of extra small stuff like wire bags, led staging, prop bins, red carpets, stanchions, monograms, etc etc etc. but as far as big stuff goes thats about it. I use the ford transit van. with a midsized roof height and a slight extension in the back (they make a taller and longer wheelbase model).

If you want good help, you gotta put em on all your events, not just some of your events, otherwise if you can't be loyal to them and provide them work, there's no real reason for them to be loyal to you.

As far as the totems go... don't take this as a recommendation, but I know personally a few guys that have them and use them for both tv's and moving heads. They have both the 4.92ft and 6ft models with 24" bases. I think if they're gonna be placed out of the way where people don't walk near, you should be ok if this is your only way to make such services happen.

Reactions: TwinSpinDJ