What are your thoughts on this mixing board.?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I just bought a Mackie DFX 6 for $130 straight cash from EZ Converter in Saddle Brook, NJ. Not a bad piece for the price. I made sure the power button came on and that was it. It has 4 mic inputs along with other stuff.

I'm going to ask.
What other stuff does the board have?

Reactions: ittigger
I have a Yamaha MG16xu, used only once...$400, you'll be better off :)
To be fair I looked up that mixing board and it is very nice. I saw it on line for $398 used with free shipping. Let me ask the demansions of this board? It looks pretty big. I like it but don't have that kind of money to spend. I'm getting ready for the DJ Expo in AC.

Finally gonna get to play with my new mixer today. All I really need, I've decided, are a couple of speakers, a microphone, my laptop, and some cables. All that stuff is packed in my minivan, and unfortunately, the speakers are the least accessible items.[emoji1] Between the two side doors is my Rock N Roller cart with two subs and my controller case on it, and my speaker stands, light stand and lights bungee corded to the top. In the back is my rack case, small system, and monitor case, as well as my gig bag. In the middle, are four sets of speakers, and of course the ones I'd prefer to use are on the bottom.[emoji1] Let's see... How badly do I really want to play with that new mixer?[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally gonna get to play with my new mixer today. All I really need, I've decided, are a couple of speakers, a microphone, my laptop, and some cables. All that stuff is packed in my minivan, and unfortunately, the speakers are the least accessible items.[emoji1] Between the two side doors is my Rock N Roller cart with two subs and my controller case on it, and my speaker stands, light stand and lights bungee corded to the top. In the back is my rack case, small system, and monitor case, as well as my gig bag. In the middle, are four sets of speakers, and of course the ones I'd prefer to use are on the bottom.[emoji1] Let's see... How badly do I really want to play with that new mixer?[emoji1]

Headphones baby ...

Headphones baby ...

That would work, of course, and I was gonna try that out anyway, but I wanna hear that sound through 15" speakers![emoji1] I want to see my dogs bolt outside through the doggie door from the terror of it all.[emoji1] ... but I do have a pair of headphones inside the house.[emoji4]

That would work, of course, and I was gonna try that out anyway, but I wanna hear that sound through 15" speakers![emoji1] I want to see my dogs bolt outside through the doggie door from the terror of it all.[emoji1] ... but I do have a pair of headphones inside the house.[emoji4]

Leave them in the van and run down to the audio store and buy a new set .. I know that's what your brother Mix would do.

Leave them in the van and run down to the audio store and buy a new set .. I know that's what your brother Mix would do.

No... that's what YOU would do.[emoji1] My brother Mix would AMBLE down to the pawn shop or buy an old used set from someone on Craig's List who probably stole them the night before.[emoji1]

Last edited:
No... that's what YOU would do.[emoji1] My brother Mix would AMBLE down to the pawn shop or buy an old used set from someone on Craig's List who probably stole them the night before.[emoji1]

I must have got the two of us mix-ed up.

WOW... This new mixer is NICE![emoji4] It's raining outside, so the easiest speakers to grab without getting soaked were my TS110A's... not much base, but I can get the 15's later. Setup was easy. Downloaded ASIO drivers to my laptop, plugged in the USB cable, and wallah! Been playing around with it for the past couple of hours. I LOVE it. Everything works. Not sure how I'm gonna use it yet, but I don't need to decide that yet. For now, it's a cool new toy![emoji1]

Edit: Just bought a bag for the new mixer... SKB Universal Equipment/Mixer Bag - 15" x 15" x 5". $35 on Amazon. It's a soft-side bag, but this thing is not so fragile that it needs an expensive hard case at $150+.[emoji4]

Last edited:
WOW... This new mixer is NICE![emoji4] It's raining outside, so the easiest speakers to grab without getting soaked were my TS110A's... not much base, but I can get the 15's later. Setup was easy. Downloaded ASIO drivers to my laptop, plugged in the USB cable, and wallah! Been playing around with it for the past couple of hours. I LOVE it. Everything works. Not sure how I'm gonna use it yet, but I don't need to decide that yet. For now, it's a cool new toy![emoji1]

Edit: Just bought a bag for the new mixer... SKB Universal Equipment/Mixer Bag - 15" x 15" x 5". $35 on Amazon. It's a soft-side bag, but this thing is not so fragile that it needs an expensive hard case at $150+.[emoji4]
Can you post a link to the bag?, ive become lazy after reading too many Mix threads.

Yes. Bagging on mix,,, seems to be sport on this site,,, just part of the quality entertainment that the DJT gives you! :laugh:
You know what they say when you get served a meatball pitch over the plate ... you hit it out of the park ...

Yes. Bagging on mix,,, seems to be sport on this site,,, just part of the quality entertainment that the DJT gives you! :laugh:

I don't think it's ever been an intentional part of the show here (or the other sites that he is a member of where he's also part of the show). The wacky part is that he continually asks for help, advice, etc and does the complete opposite (or nothing) - leaving many here baffled and questioning his true intent. Mix is changing businesses and will soon be part of the photographer communities (ODPT - Our Digital Photography Talk).

WOW... This new mixer is NICE![emoji4]... Not sure how I'm gonna use it yet, but I don't need to decide that yet. For now, it's a cool new toy!

After spending several hours with this mixer the past couple of days, I now realize I MADE A HUGE MISTAKE!... [emoji1]... Just kidding. I love it[emoji4], and now I know how I'm going to use it. I occasionally do these smaller office events, where they need some music for the first hour and during a luncheon (sometimes), then they have a speaker and/or presentations, and finally a little more background music at the end (30 minutes to an hour). I've been using my small system for those events with my 12" speakers. I provide one or two microphones, the music, and PowerPoint on my laptop. I have a projector and screen too, but the clients so far have supplied their own laptops, projectors, and screens.

I've been thinking about upgrading my small system for a while, though. It works OK, but it was my first attempt at an integrated system, and I've learned SO much since then, it would be fun to give it another try. By using this new mixer with my laptop, two speakers and a 4ft. table, I could do more of these events. I love the simplicity![emoji4]

Good thing I don't have to do what you have to do to get to my mixer. LOL.

Good thing I don't have to do what you have to do to get to my mixer. LOL.
We tried telling Bobcat to "Be Like Mix" and buy some more unneeded gear instead, but unfortunately, logic prevailed.