What are your thoughts on this mixing board.?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
You must be kidding, right? He has no clue what you are asking above.
I could only hope he would ask what they were if he didn't know. I'd have no issue responding .. someone else might learn.

I just bought a Mackie DFX 6 for $130 straight cash from EZ Converter in Saddle Brook, NJ. Not a bad piece for the price. I made sure the power button came on and that was it. It has 4 mic inputs along with other stuff.

So Mix , This mixer must not be for the business ? Paid cash!

Reactions: SEDJ and ittigger
I just bought a Mackie DFX 6 for $130 straight cash from EZ Converter in Saddle Brook, NJ. Not a bad piece for the price. I made sure the power button came on and that was it. It has 4 mic inputs along with other stuff.
I assume the "other stuff" is all the things you needed a mixer for.

So I need to ask what exactly do you need this mixer for?

Hey @azdeejay... My new Allen & Heath mixer is in transit in San Simon, AZ.[emoji4] I was just looking at the tracking details. Started in San Diego, CA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have never heard of Sam Simon AZ, that is a new one, gotta look it up

Edit, found it , it looks to be just an oversized truck stop on I-10 down by the Mexico Border
samsimon_zps4jyrgehb.png

I just bought a Mackie DFX 6 for $130 straight cash from EZ Converter in Saddle Brook, NJ.

Tip for the sellers: If you want to be sure your old gear gets sold for top dollar, take it to a one-star rated pawn shop in New Jersey.
Tip for the buyers: If you bought it at EZ Converter, you paid too much!

I have several uses for a mixing board. I just never heard of Ross. Thething is it looked impressive for that price and features. I was skeptical about it and I'm glad I asked on here. So I will stay far away. Especially after seeing some being sold for less than that.

How can someone with so little work...
have SEVERAL uses for a 16-channel board that is made to mix live music?
You need to restrain yourself.
Avoid the urge to buy something that you don't REALLY need and will probably never use.
It's like the joke about the wife who bought a $300 pair of shoes that don't fit her.
"But it was a really great deal!"

How can someone with so little work...
have SEVERAL uses for a 16-channel board that is made to mix live music?
You need to restrain yourself.
Avoid the urge to buy something that you don't REALLY need and will probably never use.
It's like the joke about the wife who bought a $300 pair of shoes that don't fit her.
"But it was a really great deal!"

I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe Mix is like me[emoji1]... I buy stuff because it interests me and I enjoy playing around with it. If it actually gets incorporated into my DJ system or not depends on how well it works, and if it's something that makes me happy.

It has been said on this board a lot of times, I have too much time on my hands.[emoji1] I can use that time playing with computers and DJ gear, or I can make cartoon characters out of the DJ's on this board.[emoji1]

There are a couple of differences between Mix and me... I'm more likely to take the advice of the experienced guys on this forum, and I'm less likely to get a bad deal.[emoji1]

Just got a call from FedEx saying my package (Allen & Heath mixer) will be delivered on Saturday and requires a signature. It wasn't supposed to be here until Tuesday, which actually works better. We usually go out to breakfast on Saturday morning, but I guess we'll do Sunday instead. No way I'm gonna miss that delivery.[emoji1] New gear... woo hoo!!![emoji1]

Reactions: ittigger