Weddings Wedding packages/plans?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
you have a full time job and you don't need or want the work or the $$..

While this may be the case in some part-timer cases, it's quite unfair to assume let alone assert its the case universally or as a rule.

I am part time, and the reason I don't charge differently for different days is simple - my pricing is based on a simple cost+ business model, and isn't based on or determined by supply and demand. Its just a different pricing method & philosophy, that's all. No need to turn it into anything else or try to make it indicative of anyone's character or whatnot.

Again, as you were.... :sqlaugh:

I don't want to put the cart before the horse here but I just got a call from a prospective client I recently interviewed who has stated that they will be booking our services and I booked them using a 4 hour package with 2 additional hours and my advanced lighting package.... assumeing all goes well and he books like he has stated this will be the first event I've booked for $900 plus dollars it will also be the largest wedding I've done yet at over 400 guests expected.

2010 bookings just started. My price went up to 1K for 8 hours wedding with 2 Djs and no lights. No discount, I know my value. With my full light show should be over 2K. No packages, every light is between 50-100 dollars and I will always check the venue first to make some suggestions.

but thats still a package based on days of the week

whats different about the one price fits all
and charge extra for addons

to me it dont look like you have changed it much
just changed the way you sell your packages

but thats still a package based on days of the week

whats different about the one price fits all
and charge extra for addons

to me it dont look like you have changed it much
just changed the way you sell your packages

That's funny..Are you "Tina"?? Because "Tina" just left me a fake inquiry via DJI and didn't leave a phone number or an address. But did leave a fake email. In which I'm going to keep contacting "Tina".

My prices are based on the days of the week.

My prices are based on the days of the week.

Why? Does it costs you any more or less from a business standpoint to do the event on any given day of the week over another? Is the type, level, or quality of service they receive on those other days any different or less?

Or is it just taking advantage of supply and demand?

LOL I just want to hear you say it! :sqlaugh:

Why? Does it costs you any more or less from a business standpoint to do the event on any given day of the week over another? Is the type, level, or quality of service they receive on those other days any different or less?

Or is it just taking advantage of supply and demand?

LOL I just want to hear you say it! :sqlaugh:

Gotcha...

Ok so now you have days of the week are they all the same ? are they different prices for the certain days

if they change at all for different days then you are or have a package acording to the said day and what did you say some threads back

I stopped packages.

well that says it all - your still doing packages based on the day of the week!!

But your still offering Packages and as you said you have STOPPED

now you have to convince us all why!!!

I love these sort of threads :)

But your still offering Packages and as you said you have STOPPED

now you have to convince us all why!!!

I love these sort of threads :)

Hey Dennis. No offense and I'm sure you are a highly respected DJ, but unless I'm on trial here. I don't need to explain anything to anybody. Unless you are paying my mortgage, bills, food, etc...

I tweak my pricing according to what works for us. Whether it's a la carte, all inclusive, Friday or Saturday different pricing...etc...

Thanks for commenting, and most importantly..

Happy Thanksgiving.

Actually I took on a priceing structure that puts out one 4 hour basic package of DJ and Sound for a set price. Then they can choose to add more hours if needed, lighting options from basic to advanced, uplighting and karaoke.

I also have a separate package for Wedding Ceremony+Reception that is 6 hours. Of course they can also add the above options. My thinking here is that I am basically giving them 2 hours for ceremonial stuff.... ie the ceremony time itself and the down time/transit time between the ceremony and reception plus 4 hours for the reception itself.... so rather than having them have to choose Ceremony as an add-on it's already there.

The key with how I've set things up is when they inquire on a date through my website they have to choose what type of event they are planning and then only the priceing options for that event type will be displayed: "Wedding Reception" gets the first set of options, "Wedding Ceremony + Reception" gets the second set of options only.

To me this really simplifies things for the internet shopper and for me when they call directly.

Also haveing the rates instantly visable on the site based on what they need is helpful in weeding out shoppers/tire kickers and delivering those that are serious to my inbox.

Love your web site! How would you do this if you had DJI?? I like to way you out things into perspective. Thanks..

Assuming DJI allows you to associate package prices with specific event types I'd do it exactly how I do it in Gigbuilder.... I haven't used DJI in a long time now so I'm not sure how it's setup as far as being able to designate certain packages for certain events and or date ranges.... I use Gigbuilder not only to define what packages go with what type of event but also the availablity of certain packages on certain date ranges. Meaning I can also setup "Seasonal" packages too that are only visable when certain dates are selected.

Basically that means if some one inquires for say December 31st they get my NYE price but if they inquire about Janurary 1st they get my regular price.

Actually I took on a priceing structure that puts out one 4 hour basic package of DJ and Sound for a set price. Then they can choose to add more hours if needed, lighting options from basic to advanced, uplighting and karaoke.

I also have a separate package for Wedding Ceremony+Reception that is 6 hours. Of course they can also add the above options. My thinking here is that I am basically giving them 2 hours for ceremonial stuff.... ie the ceremony time itself and the down time/transit time between the ceremony and reception plus 4 hours for the reception itself.... so rather than having them have to choose Ceremony as an add-on it's already there.

The key with how I've set things up is when they inquire on a date through my website they have to choose what type of event they are planning and then only the priceing options for that event type will be displayed: "Wedding Reception" gets the first set of options, "Wedding Ceremony + Reception" gets the second set of options only.

To me this really simplifies things for the internet shopper and for me when they call directly.

Also haveing the rates instantly visable on the site based on what they need is helpful in weeding out shoppers/tire kickers and delivering those that are serious to my inbox.

This is exactly what I do, except without the AI on the site for the dynamic pricing for different days.

I just offer the ceremony service as an upgrade for $150 and count it as the "first hour" to cover prelude & ceremony as 9.5 times out of 10 it is at the same venue.

Am I to take it that in your area/practice it is almost just as common, if not more common, for the ceremony to be at a different venue altogether?

Am I to take it that in your area/practice it is almost just as common, if not more common, for the ceremony to be at a different venue altogether?

Generally speaking yes.... most are married in a church or some other off-site location. I've only done three receptions where the ceremony took place at the same location and in all three instances they use the house system and music, etc.. for the ceremony in the chappel and then come to a gym or community room for their reception.

Wow. Different kind of beast here, at least in my experience for my clients. Don't get me wrong - I know there are a good many weddings done at churches/chapels, etc., but most of them like you say use the in-house system for all music and mics, so my presence isn't even required.

Whenever I do Cer+Rec, its always at the same venue.

All of the weddings I do with the ceremony the ceremony is performed on site somewhere. Rarely now it's on the same room. I charge for this. I have had where the ceremony and cocktails where in the same room and the reception was down the hall or closeby. I simply slide from one music format to another.

I am amazed by how little other DJ services value their services by how cheap they charge for this. And in order to get the booking I reason with my clients or go 1/2 way with them.

I actually enjoy performing the cermony for them. It makes it very personal for all of us.