Weddings Websites & Pricing: To Post or Not To Post- That IS the question!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Unfortunately, this next party is on the 9th, and after deejaying the 7th and 8th, I want a day off before going to the DJ Expo on the 10th, so I am putting my brother on it. He can use the money anyway, and I think it will be good for her guests and her to see another DJ from my company.

You didn't ask but I'll say it anyway, I think you're making a mistake. This client is a repeat and wants YOU, not your brother. If DJ Expo is costing you money then it's counter-productive for you. Personally, I'd just man up and work the job after all, it's a simple casual.

Reactions: steve149
You didn't ask but I'll say it anyway, I think you're making a mistake. This client is a repeat and wants YOU, not your brother. If DJ Expo is costing you money then it's counter-productive for you. Personally, I'd just man up and work the job after all, it's a simple casual.

I am still earning a commission off of booking my brother. Plus if I work all weekend, then head out on a trip my wife won't like that.

I am still earning a commission off of booking my brother. Plus if I work all weekend, then head out on a trip my wife won't like that.
You're taking your son with you ... that has to count for something.

Gotta agree .... if you've been the large reason this client is booking you, don't risk the relationship by sending your brother. UNLESS, you're entirely positive that your brother will do as good a job as you and still maintain the relationship you've worked hard to create. AND, of course, I'm sure the client knows your not going to be there. ????

You're taking your son with you ... that has to count for something.

Actually, as it turns out there was a mix up with my Mother in Law's vacation. She told me 8/9 - 8/12, BUT it turns out she is going on vacation SEPTEMBER 9th - 12th, so I don't need to bring my son with us now.

It would have been fine if I did, just that we would be in the hotel room for the night by 8 pm, and I would have spent a lot less time in the expo itself.

I actually spend a lot of time with my son as is since I don't work during the day, during the week. He has been going with me on most of my trips to the store or out and about, and we have been going to the park and playing basketball, bike riding a good bit.

Reactions: Randy A
Gotta agree .... if you've been the large reason this client is booking you, don't risk the relationship by sending your brother. UNLESS, you're entirely positive that your brother will do as good a job as you and still maintain the relationship you've worked hard to create. AND, of course, I'm sure the client knows your not going to be there. ????

I already told the client my bro would be the DJ, and his name is on the agreement. I am sure he will do fine...He is closer to this group of people in age as well since they are all in their mid 40s to late 60s. They might actually converse with him more during the event who knows. If the client emails me back saying they only want me, then I will just do the gig.

On another note, I don't want to hog all the gigs that comes our way. Most clients want me, but I do try to spread the gigs out between my other DJs when I can.

If I am a part member of a business, or a DJ with a Multi OP, and I go long periods of time without any bookings from said Multi Op, I wouldn't want to be a part of that company. I would expect to be given some work, and booked from time to time

Reactions: Randy A