Weddings Website Feedback

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

bombdhell89

P.S. The Name's Jason!
Hey friends!

Hope you're all gigging and/or having an otherwise great weekend!

I in the process of revamping my website and am wondering if you guys don't mind giving me some feedback?

It's still a work-in-progress, as I've yet to include more about services and pricing- but this is the feel I'm going for. I'm positioning myself to raise my prices next year.

I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

http://www.djjasonhooper.com/

P.S. If you guys have websites and/or social media I'd love to follow you guys!

Jason, that's really a very good job. Nice, clean and great navigation. On mobile, I really like the menu/call/email thing at the bottom. That's very nice. I would say you need to add a services/pricing page to pitch the various items you offer. I'd also encourage you to go ahead and post your pricing. Reviews are a great selling feature. Make it a habit to beg/pester clients to give you reviews. Don't just sit back and wait for them to volunteer, ASK at about the 2 week mark after each event. If you have other past clients, now would be a great time to touch base, let them know about your new website and ask them for a review (while mentioning how important these are for future clients). You might also want to add a pics page. If your pics page is prominent, it almost becomes a wall of fame and I've found that clients like to know they're being featured. Great job. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: bombdhell89
Jason - Looks real nice. Only distracting thing was the main logo was too pixelated .. should be at a higher resolution to get rid of the jaggies.

Rick, thank you! I appreciate you looking at it! It is under construction still and I will add a services and pricing page before I'm done! Along with raises prices, im going to ditch the hourly rate and offer a flat package or two.

As far as reviews and testimonials go that's about what ive been able to solicit since I've been DJing. That's most of my clients so far (a few don't leave reviews). I just joined wedding wire, so that's why I only have a few on there, I do have a few pending tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick, thank you! I appreciate you looking at it! It is under construction still and I will add a services and pricing page before I'm done! Along with raises prices, im going to ditch the hourly rate and offer a flat package or two.

As far as reviews and testimonials go that's about what ive been able to solicit since I've been DJing. That's most of my clients so far (a few don't leave reviews). I just joined wedding wire, so that's why I only have a few on there, I do have a few pending tho.

It's okay, just stay after the reviews. Once you hit about 20, you'll start hearing them mentioned in prospect meetings. Those things are gold and require a lot of follow up and consistency to get them.

Thanks for looking, Steve! The logo bugs me too! Do you guys have any suggestions as to where I could send that idea and have it professionally done? I made it on photoshop with stock fonts so it leaves a lot to be desired!

Fiverr.com.

Very nice! Your first landing page is big, bold and got my attention quick! I like your logo but the jagged edges are definitely noticeable. Someone may have already mentioned it but add a dedicated "Weddings" tab to the mix. I'm not sure if I'd mention pricing as there are pro's and con's to that. One of the things I like most is your shadowy font... NICE! What font is that?

Thanks Gaf! I will definitely be making the logo my first priority! The logo is a font from photo shop, I'd have to look- but it's got some layer effects to give it depth! The website (wix) font is called Droid Seriff and also has a shadow style on it too ! I think it makes it more interesting!

It's a good starting point in my opinion...... It is clean and direct, and I like that. Have you gotten any feedback from women or brides?
Thanks! No feedback from women or brides yet since it's still under construction! I did model it after a successful photographer friend of mine, who is a woman who targets other women with her marketing.