Video Jocks Virtual Dj Problems with Windows 7

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I've been using VDJ on a laptop with a vista operating system for some time, after some initial teething problems I've had a trouble free run. I have just purpose built a PC for my new club with windows 7 Intel R core Duo 2.93Ghz and 4 Gb ram 32 bit operating system. I'm also using a Radeon HD 4350 512mb graphics card with the latest driver updates installed. I have never been able to successfully crash VDJ on my laptop but the new PC is a different story. I've read so many things on the VDJ forum site my head is spinning. Basically it looks like if i run straight off a play list I've made in advance it will run fine, loading the next video in advance and pegging the gain. However if I want to Video Dj dragging and dropping into deck 1 and 2 that is a different story, either it only loads a fraction of the video and the gain is all wrong or it fails to load or the image freezes even though the audio is unaffected. As much as people hated Vista I've not had a problem. I thought I may need to upgrade VDJ 5.2 to solve this problem but it looks like it's a windows 7 problem. Has anyone got a easy fix for this. I'm no computer Guru just a tired Dj that now has his own fixed venue where we are screening videos for up to 10 hours a day. I've just run a play list for around 13 hours seemed to work fine but as soon as I dragged and dropped a video into the vacant deck it jammed up. I think we all know how stressful it is when you have a big crowd and you have a gear failure,I'm trialing all my systems first and are glad I've picked this up now! Maybe it's back to Vista, I hope not!!!!!!

I Can't offer anything specific for your issue - I am running VDJ7 on an older laptop with XP, and have no issues with video. Only issues I have had with video to-date, I attributed to the stock video card. I have read quite a bit in the VDJ forums though that Win7 & VDJ 6/7 don't always play nice together.

Maybe hit up Rick in this forum about his DJ software Rockit. version 5 just came out a bit ago, and it's super lean, fast, and puts practically no draw on your system whatsoever. It's a different beast. Download the trial version of his software and see if you can replicate the issues with it. If you have the same kind of issues while running Rockit, he may be able to help you identify some of the culprits on your system

If I'm not mistaken it has to do with your video card and you have to adjust the settings with the Registry tool. Do a search on the PC Tech forum and do a search there. I'm running W7 64Bit with no problems with video or audio.

Is your Windows 7 32 bit operating system the "home" or "pro" version? You need to use the "pro" version of Win 7 and not the "home" version, (explanation too long for this discussion...)

I have used multiple versionns of VDJ on several different notebooks & desktops in clubs that all handled video fluently without issue with 4 GB Ram and duo core CPU's and only 256 or 512 MB dedicated video memory.

I Beta Tested VDJ Pro throughout the Version 6 era and was often in direct contact with Mr. Clavel. I discovered a memory leak in the page file due to scripting in a plug-in. VDJ has been rock solid bulletproof and completely fluid without issues since the 6.08 version, but is even better now with version 7.02.

I've had my Verizon iPhone4 for almost a week and I downloaded the iRemote VDJ plug in and love the convenience and security features. And it's all bulletproof with a 4 year old Ferarri... running Win XP Pro on a custom tweak and some ever-so-slight overclocking...

There is a true wealth of information available in the VDJ members forum. : )

If you have a legal version of VDJ 5.2 (and not a cracked copy) your VDJ should not be exhibiting any of those issues. ALL VDJ Pro upgrades are free, and version 5.2 is archaic and obsolete for mixing video (some basic reasons briefly explained above). The ist thing anybody from the VDJ forums would tell you is upgrade your softwars to a current version, ESPECIALLY if you are using Windows7 32 bit (version 5.2 was NOT written for Win7 period).

No need to do more than format & fresh install Win XP Pro on older machines and VDJ can mix video effortlessly. Mine typically uses less than 10% CPU resources and less than 512MB's of Ram while mixxing Video. I did 150 full-video bar nights last year, in addition to 35 private weekend events without any issues last year.

DISCLAIMER == TO BE FULLY FAIR TO A BOARD SPONSOR...

I don't know anything about Rick's Rocket V5 software, other than a lot of people use the software and are happy with the software. I have also heard in this forum, (which Rick frequents about daily) that he provides direct customer service when issues do arise. also he likes his beer... lol

Problems with Virtual DJ and Widows 7

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit. I will more than likely uppgrade the VDJ 5.2 to the latest version and see how it functions a shame to have to upgrade to Windows 7 pro then re load windows and put all my programs in again, still if that's what i need to do I will. Thanks for the help.

Virtual DJ windows 7 Home Premium versus Windows 7 pro

I may be replying to my own tread here but I've just been on the VDJ forum site again looking at all the system requirments, as i said before I'm using a PC with windows home premium 32 bit intel duo core 2.93Ghz 4 Gb ram. I don't see any refences in the VDJ forum telling me to upgrade to Windows 7 professional. Thats another $200. Sure I may be using an out of date VDJ 5.2 pro and would gladly upgrade, but surely you would have thought they VDJ would mention what windows to use when buying the new version? I'm not mixing video just playing them in a all day play list and loading the decks sometimes to DJ it but not often, nothing to serious no external drives and all the effects etc. Is Anyone out there using windows 7 home premium 32 bit as above with no problems on either VDJ 5.2 or latest? it's handy just to know before spending yet more money. Thank you all!!!

Thanks for all the info I placed another tread but i'm a little new to all this forum stuff so may well be replying to myself? VDJ forums don't make any reference to upgrading windows Home premium to professional and as you say it's to much to go into, im just a little surprised yours is the only reference. I'm by no means a computer geek but it would be nice to know if other VDJ users using widows7 home premium have had no problems using older or latest versions of VDJ.

There are a lot of threads in the VDJ forums regarding Win 7 and the 32 bit vs 64 bit, as well as home vs pro. It was big discussion last year for several months, that's why I said it was too long to go into.

What really puzzles me, is that you could have downloaded and installed the newest version of VDJ Pro 7.02 on your current operating system, at no cost to you, but haven't...

There are a lot of threads in the VDJ forums regarding Win 7 and the 32 bit vs 64 bit, as well as home vs pro. It was big discussion last year for several months, that's why I said it was too long to go into.

What really puzzles me, is that you could have downloaded and installed the newest version of VDJ Pro 7.02 on your current operating system, at no cost to you, but haven't...

I agree.... I'm running the latest from VDJ on my Windows 7 32 bit home edition with no problems.... upgrade man just log in to your Virtual DJ account that you should have from your purchase of 5.2 and upgrade....

What's stopping you?

T-Bone,
I've been using the latest version with W7 Ultimate 64 Bit and it's been flawless both in audio and video.

T-Bone,
I've been using the latest version with W7 Ultimate 64 Bit and it's been flawless both in audio and video.

svo

i just to get a newer laptop i was stuck on 5.2 version because i use the jp boogis mapper with my denon hc4500 and there is no new mapping with the newer version.. i guess i have to map it myself

Virtual DJ playlists and mapping

I will place a reply once I've received a copy of the latest VDJ 7 brought up to me in Bali next week and have installed it, Guys sometimes modern technology is just a pain in the you know what. The VDJ site wouldn't accept any of my credit cards and the info and details are correct as far as my bank is concerned. I couldn't download even if I wanted to as they don't even know what internet speed is in Indonesia. Now back to the point of this reply, all I use VDJ for is making around 8-10 hours of a continuous playlists mon-sun, this works fine however you can only load so many tracks into automix playlist box at any one time, once I fill the box and save it, I open the VDJ document folder in my docs, go to playlists open one with VLC media player and ad more files using their menu, I save it and then re-open in VDJ that seems to be the only way I can make a 150 track list in advance, any one of you guys got an easier way to do this? I've read the user guide many times and it doesn't seem to deal with this, maybe I'm blind as well as deaf these days huh!!! OH and mapping maybe that's something to look forward to as well?

Virtual DJ Pro 7 still having problems

I agree.... I'm running the latest from VDJ on my Windows 7 32 bit home edition with no problems.... upgrade man just log in to your Virtual DJ account that you should have from your purchase of 5.2 and upgrade....

What's stopping you?

Ok I've installed the latest version and are still having the same issues as with my first original post at the top of the page, nice of the VDJ folks to add a prompt now that reads as follows. Decompressing this file in memory would require 68 MB of continuous memory, your system has only 56 MB available free segments out of 2047MB they are too fragmented to hold a contiguous buffer therefore the song will be loaded on the fly from the drive and the waveform preview will not be available. These memory statistics keep changing as well except the 2047 MB. I don't need this guys and I tried to have built a pc with the grunt of a Mac Truck 4 GB ram and the video card etc. I truly hope there is an easy fix for this. We open the club in 10 days Thanks for all help. I now notice it give the same prompt even just loading audio files

From what I've read and discussed with one of the guys at Atomix is the issues with ATI video cards. It seems the only ones that work with some adjustments are the ATI model 5650 and up. Some values need to be modified with the Registry Tool available at the VDJ Tool downloads and adjust the MAXVIDEOMEM parameters. This will get rid of the freezing. You could try downloading the tool and adjusting your current serup but it might not work properly..

EDIT LINK TO REGISTRY TOOL http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/2170/Registry_Tool.html

Thanks DJ SVO it seems like if i load in the registry tools from Virtual DJ it's not a guaranteed fix and more than likely opens another can of worms. it's a zip file and I don't even know where to unzip and save it to? I'm also at ransom to the qualified guys that have built my PC, I'm sure they didn't know that the graphics card was no good for this DJ programme, I would rather throw the card out and buy and install a card that someone can recommend that we know doesn't have issues bearing in mind that i live in a third world country and not everything is available so maybe recommend several if you know? As you can imagine it's very frustrating plus the added expense. Maybe VDJ can write something in thier system requirement to avoid this, ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 card Suck!!!! Again i can only act on information supplied as I'm no expert.

Virtual DJ and Video Card problems

I've installed the latest VDJ 7 pro, same issues as before, people are now mentioning the graphic card ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500, I don't mind now ditching that card if it will solve my problems, problems loading Audio and Vid onto the decks, video freezing and can't jump the palylist without it freezing. The VDJ program now displays the alert as follows. Decompressing this file in memory would require 68MB of Continuous memory your system has only 56Mb (I've got 4GB ram and 512 card) Available free segments out of 2047MB and they are to fragmented to hold a continuous buffer, therfore the song will be loaded on the fly from the drive( I use the computers internal drive) the waveform preview will not be avialable!!! I looked on the VDJ forums about my card so this may be the probelm? Are there 2 drivers to be aware of? one computer one card? One of the VDJ posts says they have been using a N-vidia Gforce 9800GT ( they say driver unknown?, I thought they were part of the card install? Anyway they say works well with PC windows 7 32 bit. I'm in Bali and not all cards available so if you know several brands that would work with my specs please let me know as we open the club on March 15th. We mainly work off playlists for up to 10 hours a time so I'm not really djing as such but still would like to have the system bug free.

From what I've read and discussed with one of the guys at Atomix is the issues with ATI video cards. It seems the only ones that work with some adjustments are the ATI model 5650 and up. Some values need to be modified with the Registry Tool available at the VDJ Tool downloads and adjust the MAXVIDEOMEM parameters. This will get rid of the freezing. You could try downloading the tool and adjusting your current serup but it might not work properly..

EDIT LINK TO REGISTRY TOOL http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/2170/Registry_Tool.html

I got a reply from VDJ support and it reads as follows, First - there is nothing wrong with your video card. The message you received is about your physical memory on your system not video memory. How large of a audio/video file are you trying to load? A standard 3-4 minute audio/video? The message is telling you that in order to load the audio or video file into memory there needs to be a continuous space of memory available for that file to load. VirtualDJ will not segment the audio or video into little pieces.

My Reply as follows
I 've just updated my 4 year old laptop with VDJ 7 it has almost all of it's memory used and uses a standard video card no problems. This all seems a little strange to me, I must get this issue sorted as we open in 2 weeks. I run mainly on playlists and did run the programme for around 8 hours before it started bringing up the memory prompts, I would only cause a problem if I tried to jump forward the playlist. My new PC has around 170GB memory left in the C drive and the same in the D drive with 4GB ram. My videos are 3-4 minutes long with an average size of 100MB MP3 smaller of course, as I've said my old laptop has no problem and most of it's memory is full!!!!!! I'm now at my wits end. Please help resolve this. Thanks