Upgrading my lighting inventory

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
My cases that hold 10 units about 30"x25"x17 (with wheels)... the weight... when filled is about 130-140lbs. His for 8 lights I believe are closer to 25x25x17 and probably about 15lbs less.
Thanks, I'm looking at the ebay seller you posted with 10units per case.

Reactions: djtaso
Thanks, I'm looking at the ebay seller you posted with 10units per case.

For whatever it's worth, I have 2'X4' flatbeds (3 of them) that I use to haul everything in/out. I've found that 16 of these 9X18 fixtures fit neatly onto a single flatbed. I'm using 1X12 boards to build sidewalls with another 2'X4' cover board that goes over the lights. I have 20-gallon boxes, which hold movers/scanners that can be placed on top of the uplight cover. I then use crank straps to tie down the entire load. Not sure if this gives you some ideas but thought I'd share. All the best.

Reactions: BlueLineDJ
YEA! Okay, I have my new Enttec USB Pro installed and working with Freestyler. Also got my Donner transmitter to working with 3 of my 9X18 chinese uplights. Entirely cool so far. In Freestyler, I've been able to add a fixture and the lights are responding to color changes. Now, can anyone point me towards a quick study on how to create scenes? I'm also wanting to know how to generate searchlight patters for my movers and scanners. Any help is appreciated.

Okay, I found some great youtube videos. Am loving the DMX400 setting and plan on trying that one out tonight. I'm in the process of getting fixture definitions for;

Chauvet Scan LED 200
Chauvet Scan LED 300
Chauvet Intimidator Spot 255
Chauvet Slimpar 56
American DJ Tri Phase

What I'm not sure about are the new chinese, 9X18 RGBAW+UV fixtures. Does anybody here know what fixture definition would be close?

Okay, I found some great youtube videos. Am loving the DMX400 setting and plan on trying that one out tonight. I'm in the process of getting fixture definitions for;

Chauvet Scan LED 200
Chauvet Scan LED 300
Chauvet Intimidator Spot 255
Chauvet Slimpar 56
American DJ Tri Phase

What I'm not sure about are the new chinese, 9X18 RGBAW+UV fixtures. Does anybody here know what fixture definition would be close?

I haven't used the DMX400 yet. I'll have to try it. I think I just created a new profile for the 9x18. It wasn't too hard.

Rick, ask how big the battery is. This is VERY important. I have 6x18 watt units and they are bright enough to do anything. I would not consider going to 9 LEDs unless the battery is much larger. Mine are equipped with 8ah or 8000mah batteries. I can do a full 7 hour gig easily BUT you have to take care of Li-Ion batteries. If you leave them completely dead for an extended period of time, they will dry up and changing them isn't cheap. Watch any of my videos to see how powerful they are. Music Maestro DJ Service I ordered mine with a 15 degree lens but they have wider ones available as well. I prefer a tighter beam. :)

Rick, ask how big the battery is. This is VERY important. I have 6x18 watt units and they are bright enough to do anything. I would not consider going to 9 LEDs unless the battery is much larger. Mine are equipped with 8ah or 8000mah batteries. I can do a full 7 hour gig easily BUT you have to take care of Li-Ion batteries. If you leave them completely dead for an extended period of time, they will dry up and changing them isn't cheap. Watch any of my videos to see how powerful they are. Music Maestro DJ Service I ordered mine with a 15 degree lens but they have wider ones available as well. I prefer a tighter beam. :)

Thanks Steven, good thoughts. I'm already past this point and own the first 16 fixtures and haven't (at this point) run a full gig on battery yet. For this weekend's gig, I'm in a huge warehouse area. I'm planning to use my slimpars up in the opposite end of the room where they're doing the senior walk-out (first 2 hours). I'm intending to cover the dance area (my end of the room) with the 9x18 fixtures, half of them plugged in and half on battery (there's lots of power around the walls). I'm only going to get a 3-4 hour run on this gig but I'm planning to run them sound active via wireless DMX the whole time (during the dance segment). Looking forward to seeing what happens with this.

Ahhh, sorry, been out of touch for a bit, on vacation and such. I see that you had two dead ones, it is most likely the battery. Try them with AC power and see what happens. Also, once those charge indicators go below 50%, they will drain quickly. TIP: Don't fold out the antenna. I did that with my first batch of six and lost a couple due to guests knocking them around. I started leaving them in the fixture and low and behold, no drop outs! Now I always leave them in the fixture, unless I am in a school gym and I have some fixtures on the other side in a safe place. Hope that helps!

Ask the manufacturer what those switches are for. If they didn't send you a manual, ask them to. My China rep is awesome! I have a model of uplights with two rocker switches side by side, the red one is to turn it on or off with AC power and the black one is to turn it on or off using battery power. I'm not sure if yours is the same...

Ahhh, sorry, been out of touch for a bit, on vacation and such. I see that you had two dead ones, it is most likely the battery. Try them with AC power and see what happens. Also, once those charge indicators go below 50%, they will drain quickly. TIP: Don't fold out the antenna. I did that with my first batch of six and lost a couple due to guests knocking them around. I started leaving them in the fixture and low and behold, no drop outs! Now I always leave them in the fixture, unless I am in a school gym and I have some fixtures on the other side in a safe place. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the tip on the antenna, that's what I was expecting. As for the 2 dead fixtures, they don't work plugged in either. One of them did power up initially but just last week it went completely dead.

Reactions: maestro
Thanks for the tip on the antenna, that's what I was expecting. As for the 2 dead fixtures, they don't work plugged in either. One of them did power up initially but just last week it went completely dead.

That is odd... Pop it open and do a visual inspection. My manufacturer was very helpful with any issues. I would just contact yours and see what they say. They will want you to upload a short video showing them the problem so they know you aren't lying, then they should take care of you. They'll probably send you a couple main circuit boards to pop in.

Reactions: rickryan.com
The 9x15w RGBWA lights I was looking at have 13,200mAh lithium ion batteries according to the seller.