Upgrades a coming

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Parts of the logo on the top of each page, look lost because of the lighter colors in the style. Might need to either darken the blue or darken the logo elements to stand out.
Thanks Steve. I copied the header color from Flexile. Also changed the accent color from green to red.

Reactions: steve149
^Oops wrong browser. :D

The upgrade to XenForo 2.0 is done. I think it's really slick looking but I'm a little biased. ;) There are a few tweaks to be made here and there.

I did buy what I thought was a very nice looking style. After installing it I'm not impressed with how it looks on here. The name of the style is UX.I (child) Please take a look. You can take a browse with the style and tell me what you think by using the style chooser at the bottom of the page. For now I'm leaving the default as Flexile.

It took me a while to find that Flexile link at the bottom left. But, I like the UX.I (child) way better than the default it updated to. I found that look sort of clunky...

Something happened to the avatars in posts .. they are twice as large as needed. Seems to only be in the UI.X theme

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
It still does on my end. I think it's a little slower than it used to be. You may have to hard refresh to get the new JS.

Nothing on my end and I've tried it on Windows and Mac platforms. On the Mac, Firefox 58.0.2. On Windows 10, Firefox 58.0.2, IE 11 (11.248.16299.0) and Edge.

Edit: Tested also at work, same result. W10, Firefox 52.6.0.

To clarify, the description works over the Search tab. When I put my mouse over my name, it used to pop up the menu, which included logout. It's not a show stopper, it's just different - which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan The Man
Now the avatars in UI.X are half the size of the others .. They went to 1/4 of the previous size instead of 1/2.

Something happened to the avatars in posts .. they are twice as large as needed. Seems to only be in the UI.X theme
Now the avatars in UI.X are half the size of the others .. They went to 1/4 of the previous size instead of 1/2.
I "fixed" what I thought was a quick fix from my phone the other night apparently I selected the wrong size. It should be fixed now.
Nothing on my end and I've tried it on Windows and Mac platforms. On the Mac, Firefox 58.0.2. On Windows 10, Firefox 58.0.2, IE 11 (11.248.16299.0) and Edge.

Edit: Tested also at work, same result. W10, Firefox 52.6.0.

To clarify, the description works over the Search tab. When I put my mouse over my name, it used to pop up the menu, which included logout. It's not a show stopper, it's just different - which is not necessarily a bad thing.
When I mouseover the username or avatar beside a post I get the popup.

Nevermind, I missed your clarification on my first read. It may be something I can set in the theme. I'll dig it into a bit tomorrow.

Edit:

It appears to be a deliberate change (XF 1.5 - Remove mouseover from visitorTabs - NavTab (Account / Conversations / Alert)) by the devs for 2.0. I'm not sure why I think mouseover is better. From my end modifying the JS files themselves would be a headache. Every upgrade I'd forget about it and overwrite without comparing the changes.

Last edited:
I "fixed" what I thought was a quick fix from my phone the other night apparently I selected the wrong size. It should be fixed now.

When I mouseover the username or avatar beside a post I get the popup.

Nevermind, I missed your clarification on my first read. It may be something I can set in the theme. I'll dig it into a bit tomorrow.

Edit:

It appears to be a deliberate change (XF 1.5 - Remove mouseover from visitorTabs - NavTab (Account / Conversations / Alert)) by the devs for 2.0. I'm not sure why I think mouseover is better. From my end modifying the JS files themselves would be a headache. Every upgrade I'd forget about it and overwrite without comparing the changes.

Mouseover on username or avatar (on the left) works for me as well - but no longer at the top menu - (Username | Inbox | Alerts | Search). In the previous version, the Username and Alerts would popup their menus. Like I said, it's not a show stopper - it's just different.

Last edited:
Header is messed up again ...
Is it the size of the logo? We had both a forum and theme update -- I wound up doing both twice. The theme developer removed the option to set the height of the logo. The work around is to override it with additional CSS. I thought the logo was too small leaving it the at the default. The perspective isn't exactly the same (bad cropping on my part) but the attachments show the difference.

logo1.pnglogo2.PNG

Yea ... logo size is tiny on the screen .. at least with the ODJT default theme. Flexile has a decent size logo and the Xenforo default is a different one altogether.

Yea ... logo size is tiny on the screen .. at least with the ODJT default theme. Flexile has a decent size logo and the Xenforo default is a different one altogether.
Thanks Steve. I'll poke around a bit tomorrow. I've been eyeballs deep in CSS for 3 days. The XF default style has an older iteration of the logo - I know I set it that way for a reason but don't remember why offhand.