Upcoming Server Move

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Art, you don't have to click on your name - 'hover' over your name and a menu pops up - then pick 'log out'.

That's what I've been doing...but it won't log out any more. It used to do that before the move. Thanks for the advice, however.

Win 7, IE. In the past, I would click on twinspindj at the top of the page. Once there I scroll down to the bottom and click on Log Out (Profile page). Normally, it actually logs me out and I am at the Log In page where you enter user name and password. It's been doing this about a week now, probably close to when you switched servers?

That's what I've been doing...but it won't log out any more. It used to do that before the move. Thanks for the advice, however.

I don't have a Windows 7 machine to test but I'm unable to reproduce the issue on IE 11 on Windows 10.

My usual suggestion in these cases is to clear your cache. We also upgraded the board's software right after the move. It's possible that IE has an old javascript file hanging around in it's cache. I forget if you're one of the tech guys but I recommend a product like CCleaner (CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download) to dump all your junk files.

If that doesn't work I can kill our cookie which in turn will log everybody out. That'll probably cheese off some people though.

Big Dan...you're correct; I'm not a tech guy. Wish I were. Age has something to do with it in my case. But, if you PM me with the directions on how to clear my cache, I should be able to follow those directions.

@Big Dan ... I've been seeing a major slow down in response times the past couple of weeks. Clicking a link will sometimes take 5-10 seconds to bring up a page on ODJT .. sometimes it's immediate .. varies wildly.

@Big Dan ... I've been seeing a major slow down in response times the past couple of weeks. Clicking a link will sometimes take 5-10 seconds to bring up a page on ODJT .. sometimes it's immediate .. varies wildly.
I concur!!! At first I thought it was my new iPhone, then I noticed it only happens in this forum![emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dan The Man

Yeah me too....It's slow loading pages and even slower loading quotes this one took about 10 seconds

Thanks guys. Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been receiving email warnings that the server load is high for the past week or so. I had our host's 'managed' techs tweak something for another site but it appears they recompiled PHP thus reverting my customizations.

For some reason I'm also getting excessive resource usage emails for ODJT's index.php. I double checked because someone else hosted on the server was exploited but ODJT is clean. I'll dig into and see what I come up with and try to get some non-ESL tech support from our host. :)

Last edited:
Please post here when you have page load issues.

I opened a ticket with our host explaining the warning emails I was receiving regarding server load and excessive processes running. The wonderful tech in all his splendor replies back that the server load is normal and they've disabled the warning emails. *face palm*. It's gotta be me. I must attract idiots. I wrote back and told them to re-enable the emails -- I want the cause of those emails fixed. Duh! Supposedly our container is on their monitoring list for load issues. :tard:

I'm not sure what this means, but I think I need a bathroom....."Supposedly our container is on their monitoring list for load issues."... :cheers::laugh:

Support and I found the issue. They found the problem, supposedly eradicated it, only for me to go back and find the process running and consuming resources again. It's a perl malware script that the malware scan missed. Apparently it's a well known WordPress exploit. It's all because of an outdated theme.

Let this be a lesson to you folks keep your themes and plugins updated. I knew the theme was outdated but let it slide. Now I'm going to have to spend a good 4-5 hours rebuilding the site from scratch with a new WP install and theme to be sure the malware is completely eradicated.

As far as I can see ODJT has not been infected. I manually scanned through ODJT's account and the other accounts on the server. It appears to only be a problem with this one specific account.

Reactions: ittigger