Unbelievable Light Show

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Amazing! Puts any Super Bowl half time show to shame.

Yes, I know...not that much time to set up on the field.

But wouldn't that be cool at half time??

Reactions: ittigger
Wow. How long do you think it took the designers to program that in DMX? You think it could have been done in a matter of a couple of days working 8 hours a day? I imagine they had to go through at least 10 practice runs, and trouble shooting to get it right. Surely there must be a lighting design team tasked with putting the whole show together.

Wow. How long do you think it took the designers to program that in DMX? You think it could have been done in a matter of a couple of days working 8 hours a day? I imagine they had to go through at least 10 practice runs, and trouble shooting to get it right. Surely there must be a lighting design team tasked with putting the whole show together.

You would be surprised at how little time it take to program a show like that after you have been working on the correct software for some time.

The show is put together in layers and the software allows the user to link multiple fixtures together and only make very few moves to get some of those great looks.

The talent isn't so much in the "doing" (though that's probably a lot of rote work).. it's in the conceptualization and realization of a vision .. that's where the art is.

For anyone that would like to know more about some software that will do shows like this just ask a way.

I went over to the dark side, I recently went back to the software that a local production company is using for all their shows.

I wanted more control over my lights and the ability to do multiple things all at the same time, so this company's owner encouraged me to try this software again and even let me come and work on some show with their LD and show me how to set things up.

The software is by Avolite and is called Titan One. I will admit I did run Avolite consoles back in my old production days so relearning the software was not that difficult for me and I'm not doing any large production now just simple chases and only about 10 fixtures.