Turning Point

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I still say this is a young persons business

From many potential clients perspective, I tend to agree.

From our perspective with all the experience we've gathered and all the skills we've perfected, I'd like to feel we could or should be looked at as maybe the better choice.

Discuss...

Too young, lack experience. Too old, lack innovation and energy. Prime years (generally) 25-45. There are other factors (or variables?) too; - age one started DJing, quality of training, etc.

I know a musician (just turned 60) that's been saying the same thing "Rock and Roll is for the young". And it's true to a point. I've met guys in their 90s that play tennis in the morning and go out dancing at night. So maybe doing one's best to stay young is what counts?

Thankfully I still look 25 ... :cheers:

Reactions: ittigger
FIRTS I am not looking or want a hope your OK. I just got back form having a stent in, I had a 99% blockage in 1 and 30% in another. It got me thinking a lot more about everything even Djing. Now I've probably have 10 or more years on Most everyone here. This really makes me think its a young mans business. I love djing and probably wont stop but it my slow me down alot. First what middle school wants grampa doing the dance or grampa doing a prom. As for weddings younger people seem to stick with someone younger with more energy. If you think not ask yourself what age group do You relate to. They say age is only a number Bullshit ,the golden years DON'T get old

Most older DJ's don't fade away...
they just book more Oldies Dances.
Stick with what you do best....
and stay healthy!

Besides, I'm sure your doctor would agree that you should stay active!

Medical expenses are through the roof. You probably should have been billed around $12,000 to 16,000, but since medicare is a for profit multi billion dollar industry, they aim to charge top dollar.

25 to 40 years from now our health care system will be totally different than today. Once the 20 somethings of today are truly in charge of everything. Until then, maximized profits, and higher revenue numbers will be supreme.

I had a simple hernia surgery 5 years or so ago .. The bill was almost $20K for what was outpatient surgery. They charged me almost $6,000 to lay on a bed to wake up from the anesthesia (no IV or anything .. just lying there for an hour). Basically, they were padding it to get my deductible high enough for them. It cost me almost $5,000 out of pocket .. even with insurance.

The Hospital Billing practices are completely insane. Their practices were derived from the game that the insurance industry created. Only the Hospitals have generally taken it to higher levels because many of them have grown in size, and become BIG business. Doctors practices were bought out over the last 3 decades, and smaller community hospitals were mostly taken over by larger ones, and now large hospital companies control most of the industry.

Hospital Billing - True Cost of Heathcare

It's a bad downward spiral if you ask me, and eventually it's going to hit the bottom of the barrel, create a hole in the barrel, and the industry will need to be revamped/revolutionized. I think I will see it in my lifetime, but it not happening any time soon.

I had a simple hernia surgery 5 years or so ago .. The bill was almost $20K for what was outpatient surgery. They charged me almost $6,000 to lay on a bed to wake up from the anesthesia (no IV or anything .. just lying there for an hour). Basically, they were padding it to get my deductible high enough for them. It cost me almost $5,000 out of pocket .. even with insurance.

Had the same surgery a few years before yours. Insurance paid 80%, and wife's insurance picked up most of the rest. Now I have Medicare and we still have the wife's insurance. We rarely have BIG medical costs like that... thank God.[emoji4] But like yours, mine was out-patient... went in early and was out by noon. Don't remember too much about it except it HURT like the dickens for a few days.[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the same surgery a few years before yours. Insurance paid 80%, and wife's insurance picked up most of the rest. Now I have Medicare and we still have the wife's insurance. We rarely have BIG medical costs like that... thank God.[emoji4] But like yours, mine was out-patient... went in early and was out by noon. Don't remember too much about it except it HURT like the dickens for a few days.[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No feeling at all 1st day (thank you Percocet) .. After that mine wasn't much, so I switched to Ibuprofen.