Trouble with Photobooth software (Breeze Systems)

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.rickryan.com
Just throwing this out for general ideas (yes, I know it's not DJ stuff), feel free to move it if needed.

I'm having trouble out of my photobooth setup:

Acer netbook (2 gigs ram, Win7 starter)
Canon Powershot S5 camera (also have an S3)
Sony UPC-X1 dye sub printer
Breeze Systems photobooth software

In photobooth mode (automatic), the system will pop a session (3 shots) and then its suppose to do a print cycle. During the print cycle, it will sometimes (not always) show "Camera Disconnected" and it never prints. I've tried rebooting the camera(s), netbook, software, etc. This past weekend, we discovered that if you knock it out of photobooth mode after each session, then go back into photobooth mode (not closing out the Breeze app) it works perfectly. Both cameras exhibit the same problem. Haven't tried changing out computer yet. There are about 3-4 software revisions I haven't loaded yet either and yes, I've already emailed the software company. They pointed fingers at the older camera (S3) but I've told them both cameras are doing it. I know there are several Breeze users in the forum so just throwing it out there for ideas. I'm thinking about downloading a different software and maybe trying a different laptop as my next step. I'm a bit suspect that the communication timeout on the software is set too low and when that netbook respond quickly enough, it might be triggering a false error.

Found this online:

Might be your computer is automatically turning off the power to a USB Root Hub.
  1. Go to your Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > and click on the "Device Manager" button.
  2. In the Device Manager window, find the item or items labeled "Universal Serial Bus controllers." Open it, and double-click the first item called "USB Root Hub."
  3. In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog, click on the "Power Management" tab.
  4. "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked by default. Uncheck this box, and click "OK."

Found this online:

Might be your computer is automatically turning off the power to a USB Root Hub.
  1. Go to your Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > and click on the "Device Manager" button.
  2. In the Device Manager window, find the item or items labeled "Universal Serial Bus controllers." Open it, and double-click the first item called "USB Root Hub."
  3. In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog, click on the "Power Management" tab.
  4. "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked by default. Uncheck this box, and click "OK."

Whoa, that would make sense. I'll try it. Many thank-yous.

Rick Ryan,
Yer need to put yer drapes back up! The System is getting cold, maybe its the Breeze! :laugh:

Another thing to check .. Go To Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Power Options. Check your current "power plan" (look at advanced settings). I know mine has a USB settings option with an option to disable "USB Selective Suspend". Can try it.

Another thing to check .. Go To Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Power Options. Check your current "power plan" (look at advanced settings). I know mine has a USB settings option with an option to disable "USB Selective Suspend". Can try it.

Aw dang it. You were right, the power plan showed that suspend was enabled. I disabled it, put it in pb mode and at the end of the first session it hit a "camera disconnected" again. I've exchanged a couple of emails with breeze and the guy there said he'd just done 20 sessions on a netbook with no problems. Hmm, computers.