This Sunday and every Sunday there after....

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Keep thinking that and you're on your way to becoming the next astronaut to go to the moon.
Let's be fair ... Jimmy has as much chance of being an astronaut as you making money on these types of gigs.

Hello all. I am making this post because I just found out something tonight that didn't feel good.

For those like Jimmy who said it's Sunday night and people won't come there on Sunday. That's not the problem because there are other nights that a DJ is there and it's difficult to get people to come to the place.

I just found out why that is and Jimmy it has nothing to do with the music the DJ plays.

Lady came in there tonight and told me what the problem is. Very nice lady who was there with her daughter that was a regular in the other place. The lady gave me some food to eat told me how much she loved the music I played.

She tells me that she has been trying to get her friends to come there. They tell her they don't go there. I finally came back and asked her why her friends said that. She said they told her they don't have what they like to drink in this place. So they go somewhere else where they can get what they want to drink.

That's why all the DJs who play there are having a hard time getting people in the place including my friend who plays there on Wednesday and Thursday nights. He does karaoke on Wednesday and classic soul on Thursday nights. Sometimes he gets a crowd and sometimes not. So that's what we're fighting up against. Just needed to vent.

What do these people want that they don't have? It is a bar correct? I assume they have s large and varied selection of beverages. I applaude that you have found yet another excuse as to why people don't attend your free show

Reactions: sonic-vision
What do these people want that they don't have? It is a bar correct? I assume they have s large and varied selection of beverages. I applaude that you have found yet another excuse as to why people don't attend your free show
It's not an excuse. Reread what I posted. It's tough for any of the DJ's there to get a crowd to come there.

That is the truth sir. I've heard people complain about the tavern not having what they want to drink. Look at it this way sir. If you went there and they didn't have what you like to drink and were forced to settle for what they had. Would you be crazy about coming back or would you go somewhere else where they have what you like to drink? Especially after you tell them to get what you would like to drink and you come back and they still don't have it. I'm talking about people that like the place and would love to keep coming to the place making them regulars.

The issue is that it's a husband and wife business. The wife is rarely there and the husbands hands are tied because he can't just do what he wants.

I get compliments all the time about the music I play. Again the issue is not with the DJs who play there. The issue has to do with the tavern not being stocked with what the people want to drink. It's not that they don't have stuff for people to drink of course. They just don't have the specific stuff that people want that will keep them coming.

Mix what drinks specifically are you talking about. I like to drink frozen strawberry margaritas and yes some bars do not have a blender to make them so i go to the next drink i like. When you go into walmart and need a pair of paints but cant find or they don't carry them what do you do leave No find another pair. Mix ill give you credit it seems like you are trying to get jobs but it looks like you take one step forward but always fall 3 steps back. What do you care if they don't have drinks people like your there to play music get paid and do the same thing next week ( I'm sure i got the get paid wrong )

Mix what drinks specifically are you talking about. I like to drink frozen strawberry margaritas and yes some bars do not have a blender to make them so i go to the next drink i like. When you go into walmart and need a pair of paints but cant find or they don't carry them what do you do leave No find another pair. Mix ill give you credit it seems like you are trying to get jobs but it looks like you take one step forward but always fall 3 steps back. What do you care if they don't have drinks people like your there to play music get paid and do the same thing next week ( I'm sure i got the get paid wrong )
I get what you're saying but what do you do when you go back to the same place again and they don't have what you want again leaving you to choose a substitute? You would stop going there right? I don't drink so I don't know anything about that side of things. All I know is what the people have told the owner, my friend and me.

It's not an excuse. Reread what I posted. It's tough for any of the DJ's there to get a crowd to come there.

That is the truth sir. I've heard people complain about the tavern not having what they want to drink. Look at it this way sir. If you went there and they didn't have what you like to drink and were forced to settle for what they had. Would you be crazy about coming back or would you go somewhere else where they have what you like to drink? Especially after you tell them to get what you would like to drink and you come back and they still don't have it. I'm talking about people that like the place and would love to keep coming to the place making them regulars.

The issue is that it's a husband and wife business. The wife is rarely there and the husbands hands are tied because he can't just do what he wants.

I get compliments all the time about the music I play. Again the issue is not with the DJs who play there. The issue has to do with the tavern not being stocked with what the people want to drink. It's not that they don't have stuff for people to drink of course. They just don't have the specific stuff that people want that will keep them coming.
And what is that specific stuff

I get what you're saying but what do you do when you go back to the same place again and they don't have what you want again leaving you to choose a substitute? You would stop going there right? I don't drink so I don't know anything about that side of things. All I know is what the people have told the owner, my friend and me.

Do you stop going to Walmart if they don't have what you want?

So, one person loves you .. and the others can't change the drink they want to come see you. The place owns a package store .. I assume they can get whatever liquor they need. Unless people are asking for bizarro drinks, I think it's a convenient excuse to not come see you play.

Reactions: ittigger
Do you stop going to Walmart if they don't have what you want?
We're not talking about Walmart. We're talking about a tavern with a DJ playing there and they don't have what the people want to drink. I don't know about where you all live at but around here there are plenty of places to go hear a DJ play. A lot of them are good. So if you're in a place and they don't have what you want to drink you can go to another place to hear a DJ play where they do have what you like to drink.

Again this is about the owners not doing what the customers ask them to do to keep them coming. Which in turn if they like the place enough they will either tell people about the place or bring them there with them.

So, one person loves you .. and the others can't change the drink they want to come see you. The place owns a package store .. I assume they can get whatever liquor they need. Unless people are asking for bizarro drinks, I think it's a convenient excuse to not come see you play.
First I said a bunch of people love what I do. Not just one person. The liquor store has been closed for a good time. The only thing open is the tavern.

First I said a bunch of people love what I do. Not just one person. The liquor store has been closed for a good time. The only thing open is the tavern.
OK .. the love must be impure if the drink is keeping them away ...

Well, the good people of East Orange do need their sizzurp...

Reactions: ittigger and DJCC
Mix... its ur fault for associating yourself with places like these. Higher quality places bring higher quality clientele. Trust me... its not JUST because this place doesn't serve a particular drink... its a combination of factors (dirty, no food, bad drinks, looks sketchy, bad crowd, etc), and this place is in particular doesn't have the greatest feedback (or anywhere close for that matter).

We're not talking about Walmart. We're talking about a tavern with a DJ playing there and they don't have what the people want to drink. I don't know about where you all live at but around here there are plenty of places to go hear a DJ play. A lot of them are good. So if you're in a place and they don't have what you want to drink you can go to another place to hear a DJ play where they do have what you like to drink.

Again this is about the owners not doing what the customers ask them to do to keep them coming. Which in turn if they like the place enough they will either tell people about the place or bring them there with them.

Walmart, gas station, bar, restaurant, etc. If they don't have what you want, are you never going back?

I can't believe believe you don't have common sense to ask what exactly is keeping them from coming. What drink do they want, that would be very good info to share with the owner and possibly help him improve his bottom line, it very frustrating that you seem to lack basic communication skills