This should be the last event I do before I have the surgery.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
I found out from my partner that we have a job to do on January 12th in Linden, NJ. That's on a Saturday. Unless another event comes up this one should be the last one for me for a few months. I hope to get to see my partner today. I need my voiceovers straightened out on my main laptop. I don't know where they disappeared to. Also after the funeral I'm at today I need to go to Micro Center to get a couple of cards for my camera.

We got this event from the one retirement celebration we did months ago. Hopefully this one will turn out much better than that one. My partner did a fine job. The issue came up with the person who was paying us. The cousin charged her mind and decided at the last minute she wanted to change the dinner music from some easy listening music to house music. That was certainly dead wrong. Yet it was their dime. Of course a lot of people left after they finished eating.

I was hoping that day to get some nice pictures and video. That didn't happen because the cousin blew it big time. I understood my partner not wanting to get into a confrontation with his cousin over this. What I did hate was my partner not seeing it as a big disaster. All he saw was that we got paid. That was never an issue. Hopefully this event will be much better. So I can have some nice pictures and video to show to potential clients. We'll see what happens. I got faith this event will be much better.

They are used to announce my playing name DJ Macho Man. That's with each one having their own special effects.
Why would you ever use those at a private event. Those are for the clubs or public performance. I have them too and have never once played them at a private event.

Never used a voice over .. never plan to ... If I have to say my name, I'll do it live. The prerecorded ones with the horns and stupid effects annoy me.

Voice overs with my stage name would be great for the Ego but, don't think they would add to the bottom line?
I haven't forgot my name lately anyway !!

i used to have some pretty cool "voice overs" or "drops" as we called them in my mixtape days.... had some from some mid level rappers with songs on the charts....even had one from Mya. But yeah...as stated ..really tacky to use them at any sort of formal event.... though ive seen some famous youtube djs do it.. it just screams tacky...

cc

What kind of event is it?

PS
I agree with the others.
Don't use DJ drops at private events.
The night is NOT about you....
it's about your client.

Reactions: SEDJ and ittigger
What kind of event is it?

PS
I agree with the others.
Don't use DJ drops at private events.
The night is NOT about you....
it's about your client.
I hate to say this. I don't know. My partner and I guess his GF are taking care of the details. I asked him questions and I got is it's going to be on January 12th in Linden, NJ and that's it. Only other thing I know is the person was talking about having this event months ago and they decided to do it. We were their only choice for doing it. I hate him telling me he will find out things before the date of the event. He should have found out everything when they agreed to have us do the event.

He can be lazy like that at times. I like to get the details from a client that agrees for us to do an event the day we make the agreement to do the event. Not wait till the last minute.

I understood my partner not wanting to get into a confrontation with his cousin over this. What I did hate was my partner not seeing it as a big disaster. All he saw was that we got paid.

The customer is always right, even when you think they're wrong. Either way, you're still getting paid. Keep your eyes on the prize.

Hopefully this event will be much better. So I can have some nice pictures and video to show to potential clients.

Where are these potential clients finding you? I've seen the pictures you've posted here and they're usually of people just sitting around, so I can't imagine what you're going to come up with from this event.

The customer is always right, even when you think they're wrong. Either way, you're still getting paid. Keep your eyes on the prize.

Where are these potential clients finding you? I've seen the pictures you've posted here and they're usually of people just sitting around, so I can't imagine what you're going to come up with from this event.
Hopefully it will be alright this time. Just hoping. The customer is not always right. Just that they sometimes think they know more than you do and they booked you to do your job. What should have happened didn't happen. I knew what they were thinking would work and it didn't of course. All that could be done is get paid and hope you don't run into a situation like that again anytime soon.